Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

Just before they are snapped back to reality, Pretzel--seeing Atramor do what he has done--gets a brilliant idea.

Following after Germ and the Copper Fox, he waits for the opportune moment.

"I have been waiting to do this for a long time," he declares smugly, before bringing the full weight of Heaven and Hell (Okay, let's pretend it's not a whip for a second), down on Germ.

Pretzel finds himself face to face with Rosier. Despite her massive bulk and fearsome display of power, Pretzel strangely finds all fear and nervousness subside.

"So, there you are. Too afraid to challenge us outright, are you? Well, you may have been wise on that score. Do you know what happened to the last archdemon to run into a band of Heroes? Well, let's just say he's literally in a Hero's pocket at present. I'm sure Atramor would be happy to add you to his collection, but not before we've dealt with you."

Pretzel fondles a variety of his weapons as he speaks.

Petaldan also finds that his fears have vanished.

"Well," he mutters to Ezeran and Torald, "this is the battle that I've always been dreaming of. The day I actually get to fight a demon face to face. You know, I prefer it this way. When you have to fight people you're always worried about whether you're doing the right thing or not. Here I don't need to worry about that."[/color]

12 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

44999797722_052ffb9a9b_t.jpg
"INSOLENT VERMIN! I GIVE YOU EVERYTHING YOUR HEARTS COULD DESIRE, EVERYTHING YOU COULD HAVE EVER WANTED, AND YET YOU STILL CHOOSE SUFFERING. YOU SHALL NOT STAND IN MY WAY NOW SOON, THE WORLD AND ALL THE WORLDS BEYOND SHALL KNOW MY HUNGER. YOU REJECTED YOUR DREAMS, NOW YOU WILL EXPERIENCE YOUR NIGHTMARE!"

Hoke looked about for Torc, hoping she was not caught up by the demon's magic.

Reminder that Dyric should be hastened and encouraged for this battle.

Rone once again balances his pongcanis crossbow on one knee, leveling it at the archdemon. He had no more words or speeches, it was time for action. Time to fight for Eubric. 

Also, are the Founders still with us?

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"INSOLENT VERMIN! I GIVE YOU EVERYTHING YOUR HEARTS COULD DESIRE, EVERYTHING YOU COULD HAVE EVER WANTED, AND YET YOU STILL CHOOSE SUFFERING. YOU SHALL NOT STAND IN MY WAY NOW SOON, THE WORLD AND ALL THE WORLDS BEYOND SHALL KNOW MY HUNGER. YOU REJECTED YOUR DREAMS, NOW YOU WILL EXPERIENCE YOUR NIGHTMARE!"

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

QM Note: Great job on figuring out the false ending folks, I'll have the battle posted in the next 24hrs. Do note that any consumables you took in the dream will apply to this battle. Flipz, Arthur will have used his special for 3 rounds. The loot (Rosier Thorns and the Tomb of the Miracle Worker) were not real.

"Tweet tweet chirp katoo."

(Does the rule about consumables apply to the scroll I tried to use?)

15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"INSOLENT VERMIN! I GIVE YOU EVERYTHING YOUR HEARTS COULD DESIRE, EVERYTHING YOU COULD HAVE EVER WANTED, AND YET YOU STILL CHOOSE SUFFERING. YOU SHALL NOT STAND IN MY WAY NOW SOON, THE WORLD AND ALL THE WORLDS BEYOND SHALL KNOW MY HUNGER. YOU REJECTED YOUR DREAMS, NOW YOU WILL EXPERIENCE YOUR NIGHTMARE

First off, you could choose to look like anything, and you choose this. As he wave his left hand / arm at her. Second thing you have no idea what I desire and I figured you already knew (as you poked around my head before) from this first time we met. You lazily put us all in a shared hallucination, it was bound to bite you in the "Ohio-Art". And I got to wonder what do you get putting all in a "dream"? Where you feeding off our emotions or something else? Nightmare!? I been living in a nightmare for quite some time. 

4 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Just before they are snapped back to reality, Pretzel--seeing Atramor do what he has done--gets a brilliant idea.

Following after Germ and the Copper Fox, he waits for the opportune moment.

"I have been waiting to do this for a long time," he declares smugly, before bringing the full weight of Heaven and Hell (Okay, let's pretend it's not a whip for a second), down on Germ.

Feeling a couple of whips hit him. Germ didn't realize it was coming from Mr. Monk. He just thought Roiser was hitting with some vines before he was fully awake. 

Matthias reaches the door... and wakes up to the demon. He socks powder into his cannons and looses his Stave.

"Surprise, surprise..." Ezeran grits his teeth and takes position next to Torald and Petaldan. The symbiont is going ballistic as soon as the arch demon is revealed.

On 10/2/2018 at 2:16 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

"I told you she would attack the other worlds!"

Lind gritted his teeth as his worst fears manifested themselves into reality.

6 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

"Surprise, surprise..." Ezeran grits his teeth and takes position next to Torald and Petaldan. The symbiont is going ballistic as soon as the arch demon is revealed.

Hearing his crew talk, the Black Knight snaps back to the moment.

"Ezeran, I'd get those Fire Bombs ready...Torald, I'd wait till one of us was able to size her up first, but I'd get your Ruby out of its holder..."

The Munchkin stepped up to the demon, though pausing at the back row.

"HEY! ROSY! GOT SOMETHING TO SAY!"

He drank a Nostrum free item action, and leaping forward, suddenly slashed Rosier four times with the Bifrost Blades.

"This ends here."

7 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"I told you she would attack the other worlds!"

"Lind, 'I told you so'-isims are not endearing. Now let's focus on the task at hand."

"Kiray, you should take my Shield of Invisibility. Althior, I tried to give you this before, but take this Scroll of Elemental Aura."

(One thing, Throlar should be encouraged from the Amulet as there is at least one elf in the party.)

Edited by Lord Duvors

8 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"Ezeran, I'd get those Fire Bombs ready...Torald, I'd wait till one of us was able to size her up first, but I'd get your Ruby out of its holder..."

"Actually, belay that action. Ezeran, given as how we're about to face a Demon, you might might change your Etherium Pauldrons (SP:3, immune to sealed; backwear), out for your Hood of the Elementalist (SP:1, *Absorbdarkness*; headwear, suitable to anyone). It's a small hit to your Defense, but I imagine the potential health recouped will be well worth it.

Alternatively, if you don't want to do that, then can I, or someone else, borrow it? (I'd suggest Torald wear it, but he can't get rid of that Pandemonicon, and he can only wear one artifact.)

Again, given Rosier's species, your Diamond, and possibly your Ruby, will be most effective here.

Torald - still keep that Ruby handy. Maybe drink one of your Grand Tonics? That will fill your ether up to almost full again.

Anyone that has spare Light-elemental weapons should speak up - we'll need them."

EDIT: Just saw that the battle is going up. :thumbup:

@Waterbrick Down OoC: I just noticed - Torald's stats are still the same as Vind's. I believe these should be the correct ones - though he may need to confirm the correct number of Grand Tonics.

(It was listed as Grand Tonics, which I assumed was 2 Grand Tonics, with one used up, and he just got a second one in the recent loot division.)

34997035535_5a52b3077b_s.jpg Torald Waruelf, Matchmaker (Alfadas)
21 year old male human Battle Mage
Level 18
Power Bonus: +19
Defense: 16
Health: 43/43
Ether: 14/30
Stealth: 0
Gold: 336
Abilities: Pact of the Tome (Torald may spend his action for a 1/6 chance to cause the Doomed effect on a Humanoid enemy or the Hexed effect on a Demon enemy).
Equipment: Torangu's Trident (WP: 20, SP: 5, cannot be used with Shield, Trident), Pandemonicon (+11 Power Bonus, HP, SP, Ether, Grants Pact of the Tome ability, accessory, Level 1, cannot be unequipped)
Inventory:

Spoiler

Weapons - Broken Spear (WP: 3; Causes Bleeding and Poisoned by 2 every other round used), Sludge Glaive (WP:8, pierces defense and causes either fragile or weakened; halberd), Whispering Greatsword (WP: 10, 1/3 Chance to Seal), Keen Axe (WP 15, Ignores SP); Rotting Rod (WP 15, 1/3 chance to Hex Undead, Staff)
Artifacts - Pongcanis Shield (SP: 7; Shield),  Crocodile Belt (Max. Health +2; accessory), Fighting Boots (Power +5 on the front row; footwear.), Pugilist's Gloves, Heavy Armour (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators and vindicators; bodywear.), Mythril Mail (SP:10; suitable to knights and barbarians only; bodywear), 
Consumables - 4 Potions, 7 Mead, 3 Venom, 2 Grand Tonics, Feather of White, Smoke Bomb, Bright Polish, Phoenix Essence, Tiny Shroom, 6 Fire Bombs
Tools - Shovel, Pickaxe, Crescent Seal  (+2 Power, +1 Free item usage during the first round of battle), 
Gems - 2x Emerald (wood)Topaz (lightning), Aquamarine (water), Garnet (earth), Sapphire (wind), Ruby (Fire)

Edited by Lind Whisperer

On 10/2/2018 at 2:16 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

Battle Notes:
- The battle ends once Rosier is defeated, once the non-level-zero enemies on a flank are defeated the corresponding heroes will be moved to the center.

OoC: Could you clarify what this means? Because all of the enemies on the flanks are level 0...

3 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

OoC: Could you clarify what this means? Because all of the enemies on the flanks are level 0...

As soon as I'm done editing the post I'll let everyone know. :wink:

I think 2 grand tonics is correct. 

I can spend a few turns trying to get the Hexed effect, while you do your damage. Might not be as useful as straight up doing damage though... @Lind Whisperer

Torald downs a Grand Tonic. He does his routine of cracking his knuckles and rolling his shoulders. 

Just now, Alfadas said:

I think 2 grand tonics is correct. 

I can spend a few turns trying to get the Hexed effect, while you do your damage. Might not be as useful as straight up doing damage though... @Lind Whisperer

OoC: Yeah, it'll probably be better just doing mass damage. I'm waiting for WBD to finish posting all of the stats before I give final suggestions as to our targets.

44180009265_459957f11c_t.jpg

"Been a while, Princess."

Lind looked at the Aspect of the Moone Elf. "Sorry, my friend...but those eyes just don't match your hair dye." He smiled, as he remembered that argument so long ago now.

"It pains me to do this...but you're not the real Jinnipher.

She'd never let herself be commanded by someone else."

>Lind drinks Nostrum - Free Item Use
>Lind attacks Jinnipher from the Front Row with the Bifrost Blades

If Jinnipher goes down, Lind switches to Diana, same row, same weapon.

OoC: I need some sleep, but early battle thoughts:

Jinnipher's Special isn't bad, but it will waste a round - so it's better to take her out sooner rather than later.

Diana's Special isn't too bad either, but it could easily waste some Phoenix Essences/time that doesn't need to be wasted.

On 10/2/2018 at 3:16 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

45091646561_b4cf42a2a7_t.jpg Twisted "Eight Ball" *immune to Poison, Cursed and Sealed* *Nimble*
Type: Dark / Mechanical
Level: 35
Health: 250/250
Special: Head Strike - Deals damage equal to level and stuns the target
Drops: 35 Gold

As he looks at this "big" thing, Germ couldn't help but feel, he seen something similar...  Have I fought something like this before? 

QM Note: Alrighty folks, full battle is up. Seeing as this is really the final battle of Heroica, please look through it. If there's something that strikes you as completely screwing the party over let me know. If there's something that's going to reduce this battle to a trivial cake-walk, let me know. If no one minds, I'll reserve the right to make changes based on that feedback for the next 24hrs. I'll be up front and let you know that if there's something I've missed, I'll correct it prior to running the first round and will give everyone a chance to change actions if needed.

Arthur immediately takes command of the forces on his flank.  "Lady Luck, you're on Kayla as long as possible.  I'll take Bennetton and Pretzel Guts, but Chesterine and Nyx are our priority targets.  After they're down, we should focus the Reinvigorating Roots before we finish off the other Aspects--we don't want to leave any roots up when we move on if we can possibly manage it.  Miracle Worker, we'll need you to get us up if we fall, but if there's no one down or hurt take on a Reinvigorating Root.  Karie, we should be okay without a song if you want to take on one of the roots as well.  Try to stay in the Back Row if you can--my Encouragement will counter the weaknesses of fighting melee at range, and I'd prefer we minimize our damage taken for now."

Arthur throws his Dauntlet Index at Captain Bennetton - Aspect of Rosier from the Back Row.

OOC: One realization and one question: I've just realized that Arthur is in fact Encouraged by his Job Trait thanks to it Encouraging Pretzel, so that should be taken into damage calculations; as for the question, does the Roots' *Immune to AoE* also make them immune to Murder on the Dance Floor for the purpose of that song's Ether cost?

Wanderer show me the path to glory, and if may fall, grant me a room within your great hall. Vindsval says a short prayer before facing off at the horde before him.

Tonight we may all dine and drink in the halls of our gods, let us make it a glorious end my friends.

He consumes a Smelling Salts and draws his wrath lance.

Well met lady, it is time we dance.

Vindsval Attacks Kayla, Aspect of the Rosier with Wrath Lance from the back row.

16 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Kiray, you should take my Shield of Invisibility. Althior, I tried to give you this before, but take this Scroll of Elemental Aura."

"I can do that." Kiray says, quickly taking and equipping it.

QM Note: Arthur is now Encouraged, I have clarified in the battle notes the definition for AOE Immunity as well as the Quickened condition, I have added a special to Rosier to clarify the Quickened mechanic. Added the One Negative Effect clause to Rosier's Arms. Fixed Bennetton's stats.

8 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

QM Note: Alrighty folks, full battle is up. Seeing as this is really the final battle of Heroica, please look through it. If there's something that strikes you as completely screwing the party over let me know. If there's something that's going to reduce this battle to a trivial cake-walk, let me know. If no one minds, I'll reserve the right to make changes based on that feedback for the next 24hrs. I'll be up front and let you know that if there's something I've missed, I'll correct it prior to running the first round and will give everyone a chance to change actions if needed.

(I'm confused, I thought Throlar would be encouraged from the Amulet of Elven Loyalty, does that not work unless Throlar is in the same flank as Nerwen or have you simply not updated the stats yet?)

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

"I can do that." Kiray says, quickly taking and equipping it.

(I made those suggestions under the impression that we would have a moment to prepare before the battle began, now I'm not certain. Do you still want to spend your action on the exchange?)

On 10/2/2018 at 1:46 PM, Palathadric said:

Pretzel finds himself face to face with Rosier. Despite her massive bulk and fearsome display of power, Pretzel strangely finds all fear and nervousness subside.

"So, there you are. Too afraid to challenge us outright, are you? Well, you may have been wise on that score. Do you know what happened to the last archdemon to run into a band of Heroes? Well, let's just say he's literally in a Hero's pocket at present. I'm sure Atramor would be happy to add you to his collection, but not before we've dealt with you."

Pretzel fondles a variety of his weapons as he speaks.

Petaldan also finds that his fears have vanished.

"Well," he mutters to Ezeran and Torald, "this is the battle that I've always been dreaming of. The day I actually get to fight a demon face to face. You know, I prefer it this way. When you have to fight people you're always worried about whether you're doing the right thing or not. Here I don't need to worry about that."[/color]

"MARILITH WAS BLINDED BY HER OWN FURY, NO I SEE ALL, I SEE ALL OF YOUR WISHES, YOUR HOPES, YOUR DREAMS, YOUR BASEST DESIRES, THEY SHALL LEAD YOU TO YOUR DOOM."

On 10/2/2018 at 6:07 PM, samurai-turtle said:

First off, you could choose to look like anything, and you choose this. As he wave his left hand / arm at her. Second thing you have no idea what I desire and I figured you already knew (as you poked around my head before) from this first time we met. You lazily put us all in a shared hallucination, it was bound to bite you in the "Ohio-Art". And I got to wonder what do you get putting all in a "dream"? Where you feeding off our emotions or something else? Nightmare!? I been living in a nightmare for quite some time. 

"AH, LITTLE PUPPET, YOU PLAYED HARD TO GET ONCE, NOW I SHALL FINALLY HAVE YOU."

On 10/3/2018 at 9:34 AM, MysticModulus said:

"AH, KINDRED, WORRY NOT, SOON WE SHALL BE ONE."

22 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

The Munchkin stepped up to the demon, though pausing at the back row.

"HEY! ROSY! GOT SOMETHING TO SAY!"

"YOU SPEAK TOO MUCH, IT SHALL BE YOUR UNDOING, MISERABLE WORM."

4 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Well met lady, it is time we dance.

"AH, A DEVOTEE OF THE GODS, ONCE I KILLED YOU AND LEFT THIS PLANE, PERHAPS I SHALL VISIT YOUR PRECIOUS WANDERER AND OVERGROW HIS HOME NEXT."

20 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

(I'm confused, I thought Throlar would be encouraged from the Amulet of Elven Loyalty, does that not work unless Throlar is in the same flank as Nerwen or have you simply not updated the stats yet?)

(I made those suggestions under the impression that we would have a moment to prepare before the battle began, now I'm not certain. Do you still want to spend your action on the exchange?)

QM Note: Fixed