Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

Fine, if no one wants to listen to me, I will just get down. I hope your bodies rot fast for your sakes...I am going to fine a way out of here. That is when Germ watched Karie try to leave... Let's see how real you made this place, Rosier. He said to himself. 

50 minutes ago, CMP said:

Relax, mate. Look at these scars, how'd we get these if this was a dream? Would I want to dream I got fried like an egg?"

Atramor chuckled.

As he tried to keep an eye on Karie. If you can't figure it out, I will just tell you, the damage is Roiser's "vines" gripping us. It is to keep us from getting to wise, we see damage and we won't think something is wrong. If you feel pain and don't see damage, you would think something is up with that. 

14 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

The Black Knight chuckled along with the Rogue Thief. "Well said!"

He reached into his Bag of Holding, and pulled out a Smelling Salts, and a Mulled Wine. He shook his head regretfully, "Spent a pretty penny on these Salts...ah, well. They'll christen our triumph, as well as they would have our fight."

He raised the vials. "To our victory!"

As he swallowed them both down, he nodded at Atramor. "What are you having? Round on me!"

How generous for you. Talking under his breath (Seeing as none if this is real...I need to get out of here, Heroica is going to get me killed in more ways than one.) If you are truly buying, get me a Mead if is not to much trouble. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add comment

Just now, samurai-turtle said:

How generous for you. (Seeing as none if this is real...I need to get out of here, Heroica is going to get me killed in more ways than one.) If you are truly buying, get me a Mead if is not to much trouble. 

"Scheherazade, bring this man a Mead!" He brandished the coins generously.

7 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

As Germ listens to "noise" going on around him it just seem to happy to him this does feel off. That is when Germ jumped up on a table and started yelling..

Rosier! Do you hear me? This is not fooling me! I know what you are trying to do! And it is pretty lame! 

Think about it every one! None of us remembers how we got here or anything right! And Rosier can mess with your dreams! So, what would be the best way to not lose? Make your enemies think they all ready won! 

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

@Waterbrick Down & @Lind Whisperer did I miss interpret the Smelling Salts trade? I thought I just sold him one, not two. Not that it fully bother me just curious, I guess.

QM Note: Fixed the Smelling Salts issue.

38801308854_e9e23485af_t.jpg
"Careful there mate, you're going to hurt yourself. I know you've been through a lot, but you've got to take it easy. The demons, dead as a doornail. Ain't coming back. Here, have a nip of a drink, it'll calm your nerves."

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be that easy. 

My question on that is, their only one? 

40902738952_bc35f7a9bb_o.jpg
"We found a couple actually. Here you go."

PRKCSWDMUzmed63K9oUjdtFiBRN7gVngdL52G8STrakbqp29btAqzIZOHxZJYM5AMUSH=s85PRKCSWDMUzmed63K9oUjdtFiBRN7gVngdL52G8STrakbqp29btAqzIZOHxZJYM5AMUSH=s85PRKCSWDMUzmed63K9oUjdtFiBRN7gVngdL52G8STrakbqp29btAqzIZOHxZJYM5AMUSH=s85PRKCSWDMUzmed63K9oUjdtFiBRN7gVngdL52G8STrakbqp29btAqzIZOHxZJYM5AMUSH=s85PRKCSWDMUzmed63K9oUjdtFiBRN7gVngdL52G8STrakbqp29btAqzIZOHxZJYM5AMUSH=s85 5x Thorn of Rosier (WP: 100, 1/6 chance to cause Enamored, whip/longsword/staff)

7 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Perhaps... did the Miracleworker leave anything behind? A book, a scrap of paper? Anything he had written down? It would be awful if the secret to true resurrection perished with him. There are many who died today and I think there may still be time to save them."

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg
"He did indeed! I haven't had much time to study it yet."

EVWwqPiPlVTVgULutCYM_dy_rgZ6bZGBSwbvfmElIKA_IPVjGVw6-WWlXtSogkyEpFY6=s85 Tome of the Miracle Worker (1/6 chance of reviving of a KO'd target, 2/6 if above level 10, 3/6 if above level 20, 4/6 if above level 30, 5/6 if above level 40, guaranteed if above level 50, suitable to Clerics, Tool)

6 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie finishes reading the paper and pours herself a small glass of rum before finishing it up and topping it off with another shot. She took it in quick succession, hoping to null a little of the pain. She didn't feel much resolution when it came to the fight with Rosier, but the city seemed safe for now. There was work to be done, but it could wait for some of the more important things in her life.

"As much as I would enjoy revelling in the Hall, there's a group of people who I need to see: my family. My daughter and husband are probably worried sick after all this. I need to go and make sure they're alright." Karie got out of her seat and grabbed her crutches. It'd be a few weeks of rest before she figured she'd be better. "After that I'm going to into the Hanging Gardens and try and find my sister's grave. Atramor, you're more than welcome to visit. I'm certain there's a number of stories we could share good food and alcohol over." Karie took a look over the hall. Peaceful, sure, but for now, that seemed alright. She began to head for the door.

As Karie opens the door she is surprised to see Mason with her daughter in tow, standing at the doorstep just about to knock.

vSMLaPx.png
"Karie! You're awake! This is incredible!"

4 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"Scheherazade, bring this man a Mead!" He brandished the coins generously.

heroicanpc-scheherazade2.jpg
"Sure thing, careful you don't drink too many of these, you'll make yourself sick."

Resisting the urge to scream 'Wrong!' over and over at the top of his lungs like a madman, Arthur quietly Meditates with the First Breath, staying close to the Back of the group as he does.

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

38801308854_e9e23485af_t.jpg
"Careful there mate, you're going to hurt yourself. I know you've been through a lot, but you've got to take it easy. The demons, dead as a doornail. Ain't coming back. Here, have a nip of a drink, it'll calm your nerves."

PRKCSWDMUzmed63K9oUjdtFiBRN7gVngdL52G8STrakbqp29btAqzIZOHxZJYM5AMUSH=s85PRKCSWDMUzmed63K9oUjdtFiBRN7gVngdL52G8STrakbqp29btAqzIZOHxZJYM5AMUSH=s85PRKCSWDMUzmed63K9oUjdtFiBRN7gVngdL52G8STrakbqp29btAqzIZOHxZJYM5AMUSH=s85PRKCSWDMUzmed63K9oUjdtFiBRN7gVngdL52G8STrakbqp29btAqzIZOHxZJYM5AMUSH=s85PRKCSWDMUzmed63K9oUjdtFiBRN7gVngdL52G8STrakbqp29btAqzIZOHxZJYM5AMUSH=s85 5x Thorn of Rosier (WP: 100, 1/6 chance to cause Enamored, whip/longsword/staff)

Of course... 

8 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"I think Heckz might like that." I mutter, seeing what Rosier has left.

I think their is enough for everyone here, that might want one. 

Grabs one of the Thorn of Rosier and takes a few practice swipes, to see if their is any familiar feeling like the last time he had a weapon from the Demon Rosier. 

10 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"Now, let's focus on more important things - like planning for the Elections!"

Did you hear a word I said? If you want an honest vote, then let the people decide of their own accord and not in secret. Besides, we should have people step forward as candidates first, if this is how you want it.

8 hours ago, CMP said:

"Relax, mate. Look at these scars, how'd we get these if this was a dream? Would I want to dream I got fried like an egg?"

Still, if I wanted to throw off my enemy's plan, keeping them content would be quite a way to do it. Live in a paradise, and all. 

As he tried to keep an eye on Karie. If you can't figure it out, I will just tell you, the damage is Roiser's "vines" gripping us. It is to keep us from getting to wise, we see damage and we won't think something is wrong. If you feel pain and don't see damage, you would think something is up with that. 

...Rone heard the half-demon's words and shuddered. While he and Germ had never quite understood each other, he couldn't deny something felt wrong. But, they had won... right? Everything seemed to be... perfect.

Dyric stands up, abruptly. I'm going to the Waltzing Dragonhe announced. If anything goes down, send someone for me. Send Torc, I guess. With that, he leaves the table, aiming to head out the doors .

9 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Of course... 

I think their is enough for everyone here, that might want one. 

Grabs one of the Thorn of Rosier and takes a few practice swipes, to see if their is any familiar feeling like the last time he had a weapon from the Demon Rosier. 

Germ swings the weapon back and forth assessing its weight, the weapon seems a bit off but Germ can't quite put his finger on why.

6 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Dyric stands up, abruptly. I'm going to the Waltzing Dragonhe announced. If anything goes down, send someone for me. Send Torc, I guess. With that, he leaves the table, aiming to head out the doors .

As Dyric heads for the door he passes Karie, Mason, and the two's daughter standing and talking by the entryway. As he opens the door another familiar face steps through.

8666359652_8c9ec90af3_t.jpg
"Oh Mr. Rone, a pleasure to see you. I was just delivering a package. One of your veterans stayed a few nights at our establishment and forgot some of their belongings."

12 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"How...wonderful."

Lind casually lays his Thorn down on the table.

9 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Did you hear a word I said? If you want an honest vote, then let the people decide of their own accord and not in secret. Besides, we should have people step forward as candidates first, if this is how you want it.

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Germ swings the weapon back and forth assessing its weight, the weapon seems a bit off but Germ can't quite put his finger on why.

As Dyric heads for the door he passes Karie, Mason, and the two's daughter standing and talking by the entryway. As he opens the door another familiar face steps through.

"Oh Mr. Rone, a pleasure to see you. I was just delivering a package. One of your veterans stayed a few nights at our establishment and forgot some of their belongings."

"No reason a few friends can't talk in private about the elections, Dyric."

Something about what Lind was saying seemed to have more emphasis than the rest.

The new face arrives.

"...What a coincidence..."

Lind reached into his pocket, and tried to assess the situation of one of his Military Grade Firebombs.

"This really is queer!

"Hoples, do you know where Patricia is to buried?"

51 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"No reason a few friends can't talk in private about the elections, Dyric."

...Yes, there is. When you take a significant group of people and plot how you're going to cast your ballots, that's called swinging the election. And that's largely seen as bad. I legitimately don't understand why you don't want to have an open discussion with everyone, no one is keeping you out of their conversations or anything. This should be a publically agreed upon matter, not a secret council.

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Dyric casts a look to Karie. There was certainly something up.

Excellent, Mr. Greely, just leave that with Scheherazade. I'll be seeing you soon, we can chat then. 

Dyric again attempts to leave the Hall.

10 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

...Yes, there is. When you take a significant group of people and plot how you're going to cast your ballots, that's called swinging the election. And that's largely seen as bad. I legitimately don't understand why you don't want to have an open discussion with everyone, no one is keeping you out of their conversations or anything. This should be a publically agreed upon matter, not a secret council.

Excellent, Mr. Greely, just leave that with Scheherazade. I'll be seeing you soon, we can chat then. 

"...You're right Dyric, there's no reason why any one might want to have a private discussion...about the elections."

There was a note of something...Sarcasm? Haste? in the Rogue's remark.

"In fact, Dyric - I remember you having some wise observations about the old Union's elections - would you care to come and share them with us?

You too, Karie - when you're done with Masson..."

Just for curiousity's sake, Lind stepped toward the door himself.

Kiray takes a deep breath as she shoots up, waking up. Then the nasuea overcame, her head throbbing worse than the most intense hangover she's experienced. "We're... alive? We're all here? We won? Well, I hesistate to say won."

She tests her legs before fully standing up. There was a big grin as she saw the other Heroes moving around. Hearing about the Wolfgang, she goes to the former leaders of the underground group. "So, what now? We've disbanded I see. Do you have any leads on Diana? What will the other members do now, the ones not Heroes? Or well, ex-Heroes?"

She then eases herself into a chair, trying to fight back the tears of everything she's seen.

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

As Karie opens the door she is surprised to see Mason with her daughter in tow, standing at the doorstep just about to knock.

vSMLaPx.png
"Karie! You're awake! This is incredible!"

Karie hugs Masson, surprised but happy to see him. She quizzically looks him and her daughter over. Had they been here before. "Masson! I'm happy to see you and Rachelle are safe." She gives her daughter a kiss on the forehead. "I've spent enough time loitering around this hall. If I'm being honest, I figured we could go and plan for something: I was thinking a trip to Charis or-" Karie is swiftly interrupted by a new arrival. One which gives her pause.

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

She looks back to Dyric. She didn't know who this figure in the door was, but if it caused Dyric to pause, it must be worth of suspicion. She took in a deep breath. Something about all of this hadn't sat right with her. She looked at her family, at her daughter Rachelle. Something was standing in the way of her and her family: her daughter most especially. She could sense it.

"Actually, you two, I have an idea. We'll plan the trip to Charis soon. Very soon. I have some business I need to attend to. There's someone I need to talk to. Can you wait outside for me?" Karie had a feeling the Masson and Rachelle in front of her weren't real. This wasn't the first time she was confronted by a fake Masson, but it felt like this time it hurt the most. She was so close to bringing the city to safety and securing a future for her daughter. With only a few seemingly off motions, it felt... fake. It felt idyllic. It felt like a dream.

Karie returned looking towards Dyric with an aura of melancholy surrounding her. She didn't even know if what she intended to do could work, but she had to try. Now seemed like the only chance.

"I was thinking... wouldn't it be a miracle if my sister, Kayla, could show up in this hall?"

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg
"He did indeed! I haven't had much time to study it yet."

EVWwqPiPlVTVgULutCYM_dy_rgZ6bZGBSwbvfmElIKA_IPVjGVw6-WWlXtSogkyEpFY6=s85 Tome of the Miracle Worker (1/6 chance of reviving of a KO'd target, 2/6 if above level 10, 3/6 if above level 20, 4/6 if above level 30, 5/6 if above level 40, guaranteed if above level 50, suitable to Clerics, Tool)

Throlar seemed a little distracted as the Sand Queen spoke, as if he was trying to listen to two different things at the same time. Probably just Ophaniel talking to him.

Throlar drinks a Nostrum.

He looked at the book they handed to him as if it was a poisonous serpent that would bite him if he made any sudden moves, a not unsurprising action considering the power supposedly contained within. He gingerly removed his Gloves of the Hypocritical/Hippocratic Oath and took the book from the person before him, looking at it for a second before equally carefully placing it on a table before him and equipping his Amulet of Elven Loyalty.

Throlar drinks his Soma.

"You don't understand why I want this, do you?" Throlar muttered under his breath.

Throlar drinks a Mulled Wine.

"Atramor was right," he said, "it does feel unusually dry in here. I had something else to say, what was it? Oh, yes."

Throlar drinks an Ambrosia.

"You know, I can understand why Germ thinks this isn't real. I mean, waking up here without any memory of how we got here does feel a bit dreamlike. And everything being so... perfect. It certainly wasn't what I was expecting to say the least."

Throlar consumes his Myrrh.

"I mean, if this were a story, something that wasn't real, I'd be a bit disappointed honestly. I mean, what kind of ending wouldn't want the include the climactic final showdown? And everything working out so well would feel like a bit of a copout in a story, like the author was pressed for time and couldn't think of a good ending. It would feel like it lacked realism. No wait, not realism. What was the word? Ah yes, Verisimilitude, the appearance of being real or something that feels as if it could be real. But lets be honest, things happen all the time in the real world that no-one could believe if it was in a book. And Germ has always been a bit paranoid anyway, he's not really happy unless danger lurks under every bush."

"But anyway, I have something I want to ask Karie, if you'll excuse me."

Throlar got up and approached the door. As he got close he briefly glanced at Karie's husband and child before turning to speak with her.

49 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Actually, you two, I have an idea. We'll plan the trip to Charis soon. Very soon. I have some business I need to attend to. There's someone I need to talk to. Can you wait outside for me?" Karie had a feeling the Masson and Rachelle in front of her weren't real. This wasn't the first time she was confronted by a fake Masson, but it felt like this time it hurt the most. She was so close to bringing the city to safety and securing a future for her daughter. With only a few seemingly off motions, it felt... fake. It felt idyllic. It felt like a dream.

Karie returned looking towards Dyric with an aura of melancholy surrounding her. She didn't even know if what she intended to do could work, but she had to try. Now seemed like the only chance.

"I was thinking... wouldn't it be a miracle if my sister, Kayla, could show up in this hall?"

"Err, sorry to interrupt, but would you mind telling how you met your husband?"

Noticing a pattern Germ decided to try something... 

Darn, I need to go to the bathroom... 

Germ goes to the exit (to use the bathroom). 

11 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"...You're right Dyric, there's no reason why any one might want to have a private discussion...about the elections."

There was a note of something...Sarcasm? Haste? in the Rogue's remark.

"In fact, Dyric - I remember you having some wise observations about the old Union's elections - would you care to come and share them with us?

You too, Karie - when you're done with Masson..."

Just for curiousity's sake, Lind stepped toward the door himself.

Throlar tries to tell something to Dyric, but at this point, the assassin has already pieced together the picture. 

Lind, he mutters, a smile at his lips. You genius. Maybe I've misjudged you, too, after all.

9 hours ago, Kintobor said:

A miracle. Yes. I was thinking something like that, myself. Something out of my wildest dreams. 

At first ecstatic, feeling drunk and hung over, Boomingham slowly catches on that things might not be as the seem, especially as Masson spills in so readily and doesn’t so much as give him a nasty glance. He sits down at a table and signals for his old green skin friend to bring him a drink. As he casually picks his teeth he thinks of his earlier encounter with the demon. “I guess I delivered what you asked for, meaning to or not, huh Rosier? So you’re giving me what I want, in whatever perverted way you consider it?” He burps our, not shouting but loud enough that those around him can hear. Screw patience. If she’s around, time to face her. “Who has bombs? I’m thinking maybe the Founders were right. Let’s blow this place down. Might get a better look at the city outside that way.”

Atramor looked around at all the highly suspicious heroes around him, and coughed loudly as he looked down into his bottle of rum.

"Aw, hell."

He sighed and set it back down on the counter, standing up.

"So this is a thing we're doin' then, huh? How sure are we 'bout all this?"

"I have quite a collection of bombs on me." I mention casually, but with a somewhat wicked smile.

Suddenly a new thought enter my mind.

"Darn it! None of you ran into the gnome village in the duration of this quest, did you? God, I hope these roots haven't destroyed that place...how many of you have been there before?"

On 9/27/2018 at 9:42 AM, UsernameMDM said:

With a mighty flap of her wings, Torc shoots up, almost vertically, folds her wings, and falls, face first.  She roars, emits a gout of flame, and barrel rolls through it.

Matthias finds himself facedown on a table in the Hall, remembering losing his lunch upside down in a dragon barrel roll - bit of a miracle that it came 'up' just a the point where 'up' was 'down' - and the sweet feeling of Chesterine near him. Then the Hall, the tunnel, and ...now the Hall?

On 9/28/2018 at 3:14 PM, The Legonater said:

The Hel? No one's even talking about the election, Lind!

Again? Matthias can't believe some 'heroes'.

On 9/29/2018 at 3:29 PM, The Legonater said:

20 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Germ goes to the exit (to use the bathroom). 

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

"Darn it! None of you ran into the gnome village in the duration of this quest, did you? God, I hope these roots haven't destroyed that place...how many of you have been there before?"

Seized with a desire to visit the village, Matthias heads for the door.

8 hours ago, Zepher said:

“Who has bombs? I’m thinking maybe the Founders were right. Let’s blow this place down. Might get a better look at the city outside that way.”

"Everyone here I think. I actually have an idea how to use them too but it depends on a few variables I'll have to ask Arthur Ziegfried about. It should suffice to say that if the idea works then we'll be at a safe distance when they go off."

3 hours ago, CMP said:

Atramor looked around at all the highly suspicious heroes around him, and coughed loudly as he looked down into his bottle of rum.

"Aw, hell."

He sighed and set it back down on the counter, standing up.

"So this is a thing we're doin' then, huh? How sure are we 'bout all this?"

"Extremely sure. Haven't you heard them? The words behind the words? Difficult to hear anything else once you know they're there."

2 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"I have quite a collection of bombs on me." I mention casually, but with a somewhat wicked smile.

Suddenly a new thought enter my mind.

"Excellent."

"Gnomes? I think I read something about that. I'll have to check the archives later though. Never been to any cities under Eubric though I think there are at least two. Three if we count Nu Mercuton."

Throlar casts the Scroll of Elemental Aura (fire) on himself, drinks a grand tonic, and continues casting until successful if the first attempt fails.

"Unusually cold in here, isn't it?"

Matthias finds he is confused by the actions of the other heroes — haven't they just saved Eubric? Why is everyone else preparing for battle?

Arthur sees Matthias looking dazed and Confused, and sportingly uncorks a Remedy for him.  Having heard his name mentioned, he then approaches Throlar.

"You rang?"

21 minutes ago, Flipz said:

Arthur sees Matthias looking dazed and Confused, and sportingly uncorks a Remedy for him.  Having heard his name mentioned, he then approaches Throlar.

"You rang?"

Matthias waves off Ziegfried. "Not that kind of confusion, I think," the gnome remarks. He orders a cider from the bar instead and sits down on his cannon to think.