Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

7 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald nods. Alright. Maybe I can help with your plan? I've got some magic. Not as much as Ezeran ofcourse but I can still conjure up something useful?

3 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran fiddles with his sapphire as he nods towards Lind and Torald in turn. "We could certainly try, there are a lot of bombs though and I'm unsure if we can handle the following assault accordingly without being pushed back? Lind, what do you think?" 

The Black Knight shook his head. "The bombs are a no-go - I miscalculated how strong our opponents were... These bombs look a lot smaller than I remembered - and the ether you would expend wouldn't be worth it.

If we make a stand, it will have to be with traditional tactics...we may have a chance of weathering it, if we get outside support...though it would be safer to retreat until we have back-up.

Give me a minute to run the odds."

11 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

A voice echo'd through Germ's mind, permeating and smooth.

29671676047_ee7f31fffa_t.jpg
<Do you mock my companion little Tanar'ri? While she comes here to dispense justice, you bring nothing with you but malice and pettiness. Can you fathom what suffering you have wrought upon my kin? I will crush you like the vermin you are.>

The Golden Dragon begins to fume and looks ready to shout a charge as the Walking Mountain speaks up.
37882213505_38378f6f79_t.jpg
"We are not here to rule, but to guide and save if we are able and that will start with eliminating the cancer that is yourself. If there are other dangers to this city we will deal with them as well. If this city burns, then we will burn with it."

27584467349_794287704d_t.jpg
"If you truly wish for the betterment of this city, then do not stand in the way of its saving... We were not at odds till you allied yourselves with the Wolfpack and the veterans who joined them. You chose the path of resistance as did your friends who stand ready to hang this day."

I question your sanity... Well you know, "people" don't like change and they resist it... I am guessing a lot. Besides it is not like I went a hunt them down, they came after us and "we" just defened our selves. If you don't get that then you are crazy or dumb... Well at least you didn't call me an insect that is just technically wrong. 

Cancer! Where I come from the "cure for cancer" is just as bad as the cancer its self. You lose all your hair and puking all the time not to mention you just feel like curling up in a ball I just lay there. I guess a better example if what seems to be going on is: I set a small fire in a waste basket. And you just flood up the entire building to put the small fire out... I am sure now "people" will want to set all of us on fire... 

Not sure who he was addressing at this point. I don't remember joining the Wolfpack. And besides I am only here because someone put a bounty on my head (again). And I would like the bounty taken off my head. 

8 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald nods. Alright. Maybe I can help with your plan? I've got some magic. Not as much as Ezeran ofcourse but I can still conjure up something useful?

3 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran fiddles with his sapphire as he nods towards Lind and Torald in turn. "We could certainly try, there are a lot of bombs though and I'm unsure if we can handle the following assault accordingly without being pushed back? Lind, what do you think?" 

38 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

The Black Knight shook his head. "The bombs are a no-go - I miscalculated how strong our opponents were... These bombs look a lot smaller than I remembered - and the ether you would expend wouldn't be worth it.

If we make a stand, it will have to be with traditional tactics...we may have a chance of weathering it, if we get outside support...though it would be safer to retreat until we have back-up.

Give me a minute to run the odds."

As Germ is still at the edge of the boat. If you guys want to see what a fire bomb does to these guy, I got some I could use on them. At this point Germ starts to juggle a fire bomb, if you want to call it "juggleing". 

OoC:

Does someone have a sudo list of what everyone is planning? At this point I think it would be helpful.

Edited by samurai-turtle
Spelling

34 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

I question your sanity... Well you know, "people" don't like change and they resist it... I am guessing a lot. Besides it is not like I went a hunt them down, they came after us and "we" just defened our selves. If you don't get that then you are crazy or dumb... Well at least you didn't call me an insect that is just technically wrong. 

Cancer! Where I come from the "cure for cancer" is just as bad as the cancer its self. You lose all your hair and puking all the time not to mention you just feel like curling up in a ball I just lay there. I guess a better example if what seems to be going on is: I set a small fire in a waste basket. And you just flood up the entire building to put the small fire out... I am sure now "people" will want to set all of us on fire... 

Not sure who he was addressing at this point. I don't remember joining the Wolfpack. And besides I am only here because someone put a bounty on my head (again). And I would like the bounty takes off my head. 

As Germ is still at the edge of the boat. If you guys want to see what a fire bomb does to these guy, I got some I could use on them. At this point Germ starts to juggle a fire bomb, if you want to call it "juggleing". 

OoC:

Hide contents

Does someone have a sudo list of what everyone is planning? At this point I think it would be helpful.

"Indeed. Wolfpack allegiance...is rather small. There are a few people here rather fond of the idea - but there are a significant number of us rather against it."

"Thanks, but I think we'll need your skills elsewhere..." He nodded at Lady Luck The Golden Dragon.

OoC: Germ is Lucky, and we need to prioritize Lucky Heroes on Lady Luck The Golden Dragon.

I'm trying to put together a basic list of attacks - not quite done yet.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

OoC: I'm going to focus on if we can possibly muster up enough fire power, not on matching levels/organizing attacks. If I see anything that would be helpful in targeting I'll list it below, but if anyone has a better idea, feel free to speak up.

• Lady Luck is the only enemy that isn't Immune to Slowed. Ezeran deals Slowed, so he should probably target her. (Not sure how much this will help out, but worth noting.)
  • We should prioritize Lucky Heroes on The Golden Dragon, as her Special would be disastrous.
  • Elphaba can deal Confused, no one but Lady Luck is Immune to it. May want to have her go first, to try and minimize Free Hits.

Walking Mountain: Lind Whisperer, Bifrost Blades
Walking Mountain: Lind Whisperer, Bifrost Blades
Walking Mountain: Petaldan, Slimy Sword
Walking Mountain: Torangu's Trident
Walking Mountain: Elphaba, Roderick's Staff
Walking Mountain: Euflear, Double Barreled Hand Cannon
Walking Mountain: Chesterine, Zirconia
Lady Luck: Ezeran, Ooze Wand
Lady Luck: Knife-Tongue, Cendstyr
Lady Luck: Euflear, Double Barreled Hand Cannon
Lady Luck: Matthias, Ethereal XX Handcannon Replica
Lady Luck: Benji, Hollow Meduiak
Lady Luck: ___ or Free Hit
Lady Luck: ___ or Free Hit
The Miracle Worker: Waldorf, Wandrake
The Miracle Worker: Kiray, Mythril Composite Bow
The Miracle Worker: Chesterine, Zirconia
The Miracle Worker: ___ or Free Hit
The Golden Dragon: Heckz, Weatherfax Broom
The Golden Dragon: Germ, Brilliant Dagger
The Golden Dragon: Dyric, Mythril Crossbow
The Golden Dragon: Matthias, Ethereal XX Handcannon Replica
Luxidios: Benji, Hollow Meduiak

...Well, that would get us down to only six free hits.

Hmm...If Benji - or Althior focused on the wall, and could take everyone out, a second time...and they're both Lucky...

Edited by Lind Whisperer

“Enough chatter. Even if they were the real founders it wouldn’t matter. They’re intention May be noble but it’s not right. We cut them down.”

OoC: We’ll be fine as long as we don’t get all KO’d. The stronger heroes should congregate in the harbor and the weaker ones work together to clear the walls. We have so many resources, we can keep each other up.

Matthias and Chesterine stare in horror as the fake veterans bear down on the small party in the harbor.

> Matthias: Heal v. first injured party member; if none, Nostrum v. Chesterine
> Matthias: Heal v. first injured party member; if Chesterine not *Lucky*, Nostrum v. Chesterine; otherwise XX Replica v. Lady Luck

> Chesterine: Revive v. first KO party member; if none, Spell (Darkness, Wand) v. Miracle Worker
> Chesterine: Revive v. first KO party member; if none, Spell (Darkness, Wand) v. Walking Mountain

Edited by StickFig

OoC: I'm just going to write a whole Battle Order...

Blue posts are in the correct order, the rest can be swapped around.

Outer Wall Party:

>Arthur: Throws Smoke Bomb, Flees to Harbor
>Boomingham Flees to Harbor
>Eric Flees to Harbor
>Atramor Flees to Harbor
>Monk Pretzel Flees to Harbor
>Nerwen Flees to Harbor
>Bellanotte Flees to Harbor
>Skrall Flees to Harbor
>Throlar Flees to Harbor

>Karie Plays Rapid March
>Karie Finetuned Guitar, Miracle Worker
>Hoke: Zoot's Order, Freedom Sailor Bosun Novice A
>Hoke: Zoot's Order, Freedom Sailor Bosun Novice B

>Torc: Freedom Sailor Bosun Novice C
>Torc: Freedom Sailor Bosun Novice D
>Althior: Freedom Sailor Cannoneer E, if Cannoneer E dead, targets The Golden Dragon
>Althior: Freedom Sailor Cannoneer F, if Cannoneer F dead, targets Lady Luck
>Benji: Hollow Mediuak, Lady Luck:
>Benji: Hollow Mediuak, Luxidios
>Vindsval: If Althior has targeted the Golden Dragon and succeeded, he targets Lady Luck with Requiem. If Althior has failed, or has not targeted, he attacks The Golden Dragon.
>Vindsval: If Lady Luck has been targeted nine times already, he targets the Miracle Worker. If she has not, he targets Lady Luck. (Both with Requiem)
>Marco: Miracle Worker
> Matthias: Heal v. first injured party member; if none, Nostrum v. Chesterine
> Matthias: Heal v. first injured party member; if Chesterine not *Lucky*, Nostrum v. Chesterine; otherwise XX Replica v. Lady Luck
> Chesterine: Revive v. first KO party member; if none, Spell (Darkness, Wand) v. Miracle Worker
> Chesterine: Revive v. first KO party member; if none, Spell (Darkness, Wand) v. Walking Mountain

Harbor Party(NOT in order!):

Walking Mountain: Lind Whisperer, Bifrost Blades
Walking Mountain: Lind Whisperer, Bifrost Blades
Walking Mountain: Petaldan, Slimy Sword
Walking Mountain: Torald, Torangu's Trident
Walking Mountain: Elphaba, Roderick's Staff
The Miracle Worker: Waldorf, Wandrake

Magpie Party(NOT in order!):

Walking Mountain: Euflear, Double Barreled Hand Cannon
Lady Luck: Euflear, Double Barreled Hand Cannon
The Golden Dragon: Germ, Brilliant Dagger

Inner Wall Party(NOT in order!):

I did the math, and if everyone's targeting goes through - which isn't likely, but still - this order could leave us with ZERO Free Hits down on the ground.

@Waterbrick Down Could targeting an enemy with a ranged weapon, even if unsuccessful, count as negating a Free Hit?

Edited by Lind Whisperer

OOC: I've been working under the assumption that ranged attacks still negate Free Hits even when unsuccessful, it seems like it'd be rather unfair if they didn't.

Arthur gives Matthias and Chesterine a nod of approval as they make their preparations for the changed field of battle.

Knife-tongue ignores the Black Knight's threats and carries on moving, but does change his destination to the Outer Wall.

OOC: We're better served with Knife-tongue moving to a spot where he ISN'T one-shot by everything even in the Back Row.  The party down there can handle two free hits, particularly if they're lined up to be from the Miracle Worker.

1 hour ago, Flipz said:

OOC: I've been working under the assumption that ranged attacks still negate Free Hits even when unsuccessful, it seems like it'd be rather unfair if they didn't.

Targeting with an attack (melee, ranged, or spell) should negate Free Hits.  Bombs and AoE do not.

Why is Torc targeting the Bosun?  They are immune to fire, which is all Torc has.  Just negating Free Hits?

Edited by UsernameMDM

Pretzel equips the Pheles Kris and returns to the Harbour.

"Throlar, I suggest you use the scroll I gave you and we will attempt to nullify this mountain man in the same way as we did previously."

Petaldan, is about rushing to the walls when he suddenly finds himself caught in the harbour with the great and might Founders of Heroica. His legs tremble a little at the awful sight, especially of the gigantic dragon.

"**** man!" gasps Waldorf. "We're so dead."

Atramor was halfway into a sprint towards the remaining enemies on the wall when he realized Boomingham, Arthur, and Pretzel were throwing themselves down into the Harbor; it took him a moment of terrible realization to understand why. 

"Oh. Uh. Hell."

On 9/12/2018 at 12:55 AM, Kintobor said:

Karie watched as Lawrence dropped down into the harbour with Eric. She grimaced at the sight of the Founders, and then returned focus on action above. With their group leader having effectively left, Karie felt a tide of responsibility well inside her. She wanted a shot at the Veterans, but she was needed here. 

"Clear out these sailors! We need to clear the ramparts! We can get behind the Veterans and pincer them in their megablocks!"

The rogue whirled around to face Karie as she assumed command of the wall, and then at the rest of the forces, split between the few sailors left and the Veterans anchored in the sand. He grit his teeth.

"Aye. That'll have to be enough. Kill these clowns then give these Founders as many shots as ya' can, just from up here. This is gonna hurt, for everyone involved."

Atramor hopped down into the Harbor, followed closely by the Archangel. After landing hard in the sand, he stood, brushing the fine earth of the sea off his coat and adjusting his hat once more. Well, if this went bad...at least the smell of the ocean filled the air, and he was surrounded by allies. Not so bad for a last stand, if it came to that.

"SOMEONE DOWN HERE DROP A SMOKE BOMB! ARCHERS, CASTERS, IF YA' CAN'T TAKE A HIT, GET UP ON THAT WALL! EVERYONE ELSE, HIT 'EM WITH EVERYTHIN' YA' GOT!"

People are probably going down in the Harbor but we're going to have to take that hit to reposition everyone.

46 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

Petaldan, is about rushing to the walls when he suddenly finds himself caught in the harbour with the great and might Founders of Heroica. His legs tremble a little at the awful sight, especially of the gigantic dragon.

Atramor catches sight of the tiny paladin paralyzed with fear, and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Relax, kid. I've seen bigger. If it helps, picture 'em as a buncha' rags full of dust." He shakes some more pixie dust out of the Doomsayer's cloak. "We'll do everythin' we damn well can to get outta this. But I ain't gonna lie, it'll be tough." He looks between the Founders and Petaldan, and ducks down onto a knee for a moment, pointing out the Lady Luck. "See that lady, mate? Everythin' I do now, every quest I've been on, is 'cuz she made it so that rogues can be heroes too. But of course...that ain't her. None of 'em are real. You keep that in mind, kid, alright? They're nothing. And if ya' wanna prove that to 'em...you take that tiger balm ya' got there - I love usin' that stuff - and you dump that crap all over 'Lady Luck' over there."

He straightened up. "Those ghosts think they're the heroes of this story, kid. But this book is ours."

1 hour ago, CMP said:

People are probably going down in the Harbor but we're going to have to take that hit to reposition everyone.

OOC: Actually, if Petaldan throws his Smoke Bomb, we could probably get everyone out and still wall the false Founders in with the five of us moving it, if I understand how the enemy movement A.I. works.  That said, I do agree that temporarily sacrificing a few Heroes is the better call, in the name of protecting the NPCs.  I'd say evacuating Waldorf and Skuld are the priorities, but keeping Elphaba with Bellanotte is a good idea as well thanks to the whole Ether recovery deal.

6 hours ago, Flipz said:

Arthur gives Matthias and Chesterine a nod of approval as they make their preparations for the changed field of battle.

Knife-tongue ignores the Black Knight's threats and carries on moving, but does change his destination to the Outer Wall.

OOC: We're better served with Knife-tongue moving to a spot where he ISN'T one-shot by everything even in the Back Row.  The party down there can handle two free hits, particularly if they're lined up to be from the Miracle Worker.

OoC: Knife-Tongue isn't targeting the Miracle Worker, he's targeting Lady Luck.

4 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

Targeting with an attack (melee, ranged, or spell) should negate Free Hits.  Bombs and AoE do not.

Why is Torc targeting the Bosun?  They are immune to fire, which is all Torc has.  Just negating Free Hits?

If so, that's really good. :thumbup:

I was mis-remembering Dragoon's SHIELD - I was hoping there was a group roll. (Wiping out everyone on the wall, like Benji did earlier.) But still, yes, minimizing Free Hits. Although, I'm afraid, under the plan I'm proposing, there will probably be at least four Free Hits. Not trying to be unfair, but the people on the wall can tank 15 damage each a lot better than we down here can tank even 30. (Plus, most of you have high Defense, something nearly all of us down here lack.)

I'll put Torc further down in the revised line so she doesn't take damage.

2 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Pretzel equips the Pheles Kris and returns to the Harbour.

"Throlar, I suggest you use the scroll I gave you and we will attempt to nullify this mountain man in the same way as we did previously."

"**** man!" gasps Waldorf. "We're so dead."

Good suggestion, I'll change his action.

"No, we're not," said the Black Knight in an intimidating voice. Hopefully it would work better on the timid mage than on the retreating Marauder. "I have everything under plan. There is some risk, but we have reinforcements coming, and we should be able to get through this."

2 hours ago, CMP said:

Atramor hopped down into the Harbor, followed closely by the Archangel. After landing hard in the sand, he stood, brushing the fine earth of the sea off his coat and adjusting his hat once more. Well, if this went bad...at least the smell of the ocean filled the air, and he was surrounded by allies. Not so bad for a last stand, if it came to that.

"SOMEONE DOWN HERE DROP A SMOKE BOMB! ARCHERS, CASTERS, IF YA' CAN'T TAKE A HIT, GET UP ON THAT WALL! EVERYONE ELSE, HIT 'EM WITH EVERYTHIN' YA' GOT!"

Atramor catches sight of the tiny paladin paralyzed with fear, and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Relax, kid. I've seen bigger. If it helps, picture 'em as a buncha' rags full of dust." He shakes some more pixie dust out of the Doomsayer's cloak. "We'll do everythin' we damn well can to get outta this. But I ain't gonna lie, it'll be tough." He looks between the Founders and Petaldan, and ducks down onto a knee for a moment, pointing out the Lady Luck. "See that lady, mate? Everythin' I do now, every quest I've been on, is 'cuz she made it so that rogues can be heroes too. But of course...that ain't her. None of 'em are real. You keep that in mind, kid, alright? They're nothing. And if ya' wanna prove that to 'em...you take that tiger balm ya' got there - I love usin' that stuff - and you dump that crap all over 'Lady Luck' over there."

"WE DON'T NEED A SMOKE BOMB! CASTERS, STAY WHERE YOU ARE, I HAVE THINGS ORGANIZED!"

"A tiger bomb is a good impulse, but it won't work on her - she gets that effect from her gear."

WBD told the other party this.

2 hours ago, CMP said:

20 minutes ago, Flipz said:

OOC: Actually, if Petaldan throws his Smoke Bomb, we could probably get everyone out and still wall the false Founders in with the five of us moving it, if I understand how the enemy movement A.I. works.  That said, I do agree that temporarily sacrificing a few Heroes is the better call, in the name of protecting the NPCs.  I'd say evacuating Waldorf and Skuld are the priorities, but keeping Elphaba with Bellanotte is a good idea as well thanks to the whole Ether recovery deal.

One or two heroes may go down, but keep in mind - once your party is down, we're going to have to bring as many of the Outer Wall party members down as is possible/practical. Shooting from up there, with the 1/3 modifier, even if the hero is Lucky, is a waste of actions. We need people on the ground to keep negating up Free Hits/reviving KO'd characters while they change positions.

2 hours ago, CMP said:

He straightened up. "Those ghosts think they're the heroes of this story, kid. But this book is ours."

2 hours ago, CMP said:

"And we wrote every word of it."

:thumbup:

9 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"No, we're not," said the Black Knight in an intimidating voice. Hopefully it would work better on the timid mage than on the retreating Marauder. "I have everything under plan. There is some risk, but we have reinforcements coming, and we should be able to get through this.

Not sure exactly what plan the "Windspitter" had in mind. But Germ knew one thing he will eventually have to change position. 

OoC:

If you want me to attack this round, I think it might be better to try and get one of them bleeding. Because, what you are currently have me doing is attacking basically someone out of range with a non throwing weapon. And at this point blinding someone is probably a little futile. Unless I am seriously missing something here.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:01 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Not sure exactly what plan the "Windspitter" had in mind. But Germ knew one thing he will eventually have to change position. 

OoC:

Hide contents

If you want me to attack this round, I think it might be better to try and get one of them bleeding. Because, what you are currently have me doing is attacking basically someone out of range with a non throwing weapon. And at this point blinding someone is probably a little futile. Unless I am seriously missing something here.

OoC: Good catch, my bad. Changing it to Fellcrest Hand Axe.

The Blinding was more just to instill any negative effects possible, given their long list of immunities.

Outer Wall Party:

>Arthur: Throws Smoke Bomb It's not necessary, there are still enough heroes left to counter all enemies, Moves to Harbor
>Boomingham Moves to Harbor
>Eric Moves to Harbor
>Atramor Moves to Harbor
>Archdemon Moves to Harbor

>Monk Pretzel Moves to Harbor
>Nerwen Moves to Harbor
>Bellanotte Moves to Harbor
>Skrall Moves to Harbor

>Karie Plays Rapid March
>Karie Finetuned Guitar, Miracle Worker
>Hoke: Zoot's Order, Freedom Sailor Bosun Novice A
>Hoke: Zoot's Order, Freedom Sailor Bosun Novice B

>Althior: The Golden Dragon
>Althior: The Golden Dragon
>Benji: Hollow Mediuak, Lady Luck
>Benji: Hollow Mediuak, Luxidios
>Vindsval: Lady Luck, Requiem.
>Vindsval: Lady Luck, Requiem
>Marco: Lady Luck
>Throlar: The Walking Mountain, Scroll of Minimizing
>Torc: Freedom Sailor Bosun Novice C
>Torc: Freedom Sailor Bosun Novice D
> Matthias: Heal v. first injured party member; if none, Nostrum v. Chesterine
> Chesterine: Revive v. first KO party member; if none, Spell (Darkness, Wand) v. Miracle Worker

Free Hits:

Freedom Sailor Cannoneer E, Karie
Freedom Sailor Cannoneer F, Hoke
Freedom Sailor Boson Novice E, Althior
Freedom Sailor Boson Novice F, Benji
Freedom Sailor Boson Novice G, Vindsval

Harbor Party:

>Knife-Tongue Moves to Outer Wall
>Waldorf Moves to Outer Wall
>Skuld Moves to Outer Wall

>Petaldan: The Walking Mountain, Slimy Sword, Back Row
>Heckz: The Golden Dragon, 
Amethyst(As long as that doesn't count as AoE, i.e., it mitigates a Free Hit. If it doesn't mitigate a Free Hit, Weatherfax Broom), Back Row
>Heckz: The Golden Dragon, Amethyst(As long as that doesn't count as AoE, i.e., it mitigates a Free Hit. If it doesn't mitigate a Free Hit, Weatherfax Broom), Back Row
>Lind Whisperer: Mulled Wine, Free Item
>Lind Whisperer: The Walking Mountain, Bifrost Blades, Back Row
>Lind Whisperer: The Walking Mountain, Bifrost Blades, Back Row

>Elphaba: The Walking Mountain, Roderick's Staff, Back Row
>Ezeran: Grand Tonic, Free Item
>Ezeran: Lady Luck, Fire Spell, Ooze Wand, Back Row
>Ezeran: Lady Luck, Fire Spell, Ooze Wand, Back Row

>Torald: The Walking Mountain, Torangu's Trident, Back Row

Free Hits:

Lady Luck, Petaldan
The Miracle Worker, Heckz
The Miracle Worker, Lind Whisperer
The Miracle Worker, Elphaba

Magpie Party:

>Euflear: The Walking Mountain, Double Barreled Hand Cannon
>Euflear: Lady Luck, Double Barreled Hand Cannon
>Germ: The Golden Dragon, Fellcrest Hand Axe

Inner Wall Party(NOT in order!):

>Kiray: The Miracle Worker, Mythril Composite Bow
>Kiray: The Miracle Worker, Mythril Composite Bow

>Dyric: Grand Potion
>Dyric: The Golden Dragon, Mythril Crossbow

Edited by Lind Whisperer

33 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Yeah, no. Dyric's using his first action to heal himself, or else he's not walking much further against these guys. I'm also still not sure of the effectiveness at attacking the Founder's at his range, especially when he could be sneaking back and freeing the prisoners. 

@WaterbrickDown: is the only entrance inside through the lower inner wall gate? Or is there any chance in blowing a hole through the roof or anything? 

1 hour ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"WE DON'T NEED A SMOKE BOMB! CASTERS, STAY WHERE YOU ARE, I HAVE THINGS ORGANIZED!"

"Kid, I dunno what exactly you consider organized, but not everyone up here's suited to fight these people head-on. We went to hell and back to take down the Doomsayer, and if he's any indication this is gonna be a bloodbath. We divide our forces, maybe the whole ship don't sink at once, aye?"

9 hours ago, Zepher said:

OoC: We’ll be fine as long as we don’t get all KO’d. The stronger heroes should congregate in the harbor and the weaker ones work together to clear the walls. We have so many resources, we can keep each other up.

Basically where I'm going with this. We really can't afford to group up all in one place.

4 hours ago, CMP said:

The rogue whirled around to face Karie as she assumed command of the wall, and then at the rest of the forces, split between the few sailors left and the Veterans anchored in the sand. He grit his teeth.

"Aye. That'll have to be enough. Kill these clowns then give these Founders as many shots as ya' can, just from up here. This is gonna hurt, for everyone involved."

Atramor hopped down into the Harbor, followed closely by the Archangel.

"Just go do what you have to do, Atramor. Myself and everyone else up here will make sure this wall's cleared." Karie replies, watching as he drops down into the harbour as well. 

Edited by Kintobor

(Later.)

Throlar sighed at what was happening around him, he had this sinking feeling that those few of his allies trying to talk the Founders down wouldn't succeed without anyone else trying to back them up. And that clearly wasn't going to happen with the rest of them either being deliberately antagonistic or simply not addressing them at all.

However, he had other things to attend to first.

Addressing himself to the enemy sailors on the wall he said, with all the diplomatic training he could muster;

"Look, I know you're worried, you fought hard to take what you have now from your former masters and you're afraid that if you give up now things will just go back to the way they were, that the freedom you fought so hard to attain and that you named this fortress after will be forgotten about. Well I won't let that happen. I won't let things go back to the way they were because the way things were sucked. What with the Houses abusing their power, filling their ranks with corrupt bastards, fighting against each other without regard to whoever got in the way, even going so far as to build a bloody wall around the Hovels to keep the poor oppressed and helpless. I know you in particular had special grievances against the Bonapartes, the unreasonably high tariffs they levied on any ships that sailed into Eubric, the way they mistreated the sailors, dockhands, and fishermen that worked here in the city, and how their corrupt harbormasters would use their 'authority' to impound the cargo of any ship that couldn't fight back, essentially robbing them blind! But look, that ship out there? The one used to get here? Well the captain and crew of that ship, people who owed no allegiance to the Bonapartes and who would've been as persecuted under them as you? They are currently rotting in the prison of this fort with your oppressors! Does that make any sense? I know that these Founders that you've put your faith in say they have your best interests at heart, but do you really believe you should follow leaders who lash out blindly at anyone who disagrees with them, even against the people who you did all this to protect? I think not. And if you surrender now I promise that I will do all in my power to make certain that your grievances are not swept aside. And if those who were formerly in power try to do so anyway, then I will fight them to ensure they don't succeed! And I'll do this because I believe that what you've fought for here is fundamentally just, even if you have been lead astray by these Founders' honied words." His words were spoken with such conviction that you could tell he wasn't just saying them to make the sailors back down, he meant what he said.

(Not finished yet, but I have to quote something on a different page and that means making a second post.)

Edited by Lord Duvors

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

Yeah, no. Dyric's using his first action to heal himself, or else he's not walking much further against these guys. I'm also still not sure of the effectiveness at attacking the Founder's at his range, especially when he could be sneaking back and freeing the prisoners. 

@WaterbrickDown: is the only entrance inside through the lower inner wall gate? Or is there any chance in blowing a hole through the roof or anything? 

OoC: Changed.

Also, @Waterbrick Down - Is Throlar getting through to both groups of soldiers? Or just the ones on the Wall?

And what's the timeline on that hanging? If we take down the Founders, will they quit? If not, how many rounds left before it starts?

1 hour ago, CMP said:

"Kid, I dunno what exactly you consider organized, but not everyone up here's suited to fight these people head-on. We went to hell and back to take down the Doomsayer, and if he's any indication this is gonna be a bloodbath. We divide our forces, maybe the whole ship don't sink at once, aye?"

"I've run the numbers, and this will come pretty close to working.

If the casters flee, there simply aren't enough people down here on the ground. Throlar is about to turn those sailors on to our side, fleeing up there would be a waste of time.

And beyond that," the Black Knight raised his voice to a hearty yell, "WE'RE TIRED OF RUNNING!

This is our city, our Fort - we're making a stand against the people who took it!"

OoC: Worst case scenario: we all get KO'd. Single Phoenix Incense(Pretzel alone has six) and we're all back on our feet again. We're already sending away the people that can die permanently.

And beyond that...I really am tired of running. :def_shrug:

Statistically, all of the lower-leveled heroes are going to go down at least once, unless they're not in the area, etc. If the rest of my crew really wants to flee, I'll lead them away, but as for myself, I'd rather go down, having gambled at a survival long-shot and failed, then just wait to die in a generic, miss-roll.

My crew stands and fights for our city, and our people.

You can argue that we'd survive more on the wall...but this battle fell to us.

I don't want to run.

I want to stand and fight.

(Yes, I am prioritizing RP over maximizing safety/roll numbers. It's the finale. We're never going to get a moment like this again.)

Edited by Lind Whisperer

At this point in time Germ was complaining, of just throwing the Fellcrest Hand Axe at the "Golden Dragon" he was far enough back. Not even sure if anyone else had any better ideas, if they did none of them has said anything yet. Then Germ heard Lind arguing with the other " Hero's"...

"Windspitter" just let's things flow. Who knows they might get real lucky. 

On 9/12/2018 at 11:54 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

27584467349_794287704d_t.jpg
"If you truly wish for the betterment of this city, then do not stand in the way of its saving... We were not at odds till you allied yourselves with the Wolfpack and the veterans who joined them. You chose the path of resistance as did your friends who stand ready to hang this day."

On 9/13/2018 at 7:14 AM, Flipz said:

Stuff.

Throlar nodded with approval at what Arthur had said and, feeling he had properly addressed the men on the wall, decided it was time to turn his attention (and his diplomatic skill) to the Founders as well. Rising to his full (unimpressive) height he revolved on his vertical axis to face them so fast that he seemed to be standing on a turntable and began to speak;

"I'm not going to deny what you've said about this," he gestured toward the bodies on the beach, "Look at it, it's a bloody charnel house down there, I don't think that's truly justifiable under any circumstances. Nor will I deny that we're here by our own choice, that's the simple truth. And I'm not going to deny that Heroica has failed this city, we allowed ourselves to grow complacent, swayed by the empty promises offered by the houses, or we fell to hopelessness, thinking we had no chance of enacting change save through influencing their decisions or taking advantage of what few chances our quests provided, I know I did. But I am going talk to you about... well, I apologize for the arrogance of this but I'm going to talk about myself.

"When I first joined Heroica I was at a point in my life where I had suffered many failures. I'm an ambassador you see, well, was anyway, I don't think I'm going to be one for much longer after this debacle, and due to my rather abrasive personally I had very little success in my chosen line of work. Often I was forced to return home in disgrace, tail between my legs as it were. And due to this I was... not in the best state of mind. My disappointment in myself, vanity, and my wounded pride all combined to make me feel resentful towards the world for what was entirely my own fault.

"And so, on my very first quest as a member of Heroica no less, I killed a man, an elf called Lord Baelanith, in an angry brawl that I started myself for no good reason.

"As you can imagine this... this was... it bro... shattered me when I learned the man was dead, even more so because between doing the deed and learning of it's outcome I had also been forced to kill two men, who were drunk at the time and didn't even know what they were doing, in self defense. And then I had to experience seeing people, allies who weren't members of Heroica and who had for some reason decided to let me lead them into battle, die in battle while I was unable to save them. As you can probably guess I felt horrible after all this," he was clearly feeling horrible now as he recounted it, "The person who informed me of the lord's death was his liege, Lady Calaryl, and she gave me a task to perform for her in atonement. One of the houses in Eubric, the Shadeaux to be specific, had made themselves the allies of the Lady and her Elven subjects and through Heroica I was to gain favor with them. Upon doing so I was to deliver a package to the Lady and thus be absolved of my crimes. I myself didn't feel that that alone would be enough to achieve redemption but I accepted, hoping that through Heroica I would be able to do enough good to salve my conscience. Funnily enough I never actually had the opportunity to complete the Lady's request.

He was silent for a moment before he began to speak again, clearly overcome by his emotions. And also overcome by the fact that making several long, impassioned speeches in rapid succession had left him out of breath and slightly hoarse. After a moment however he recovered and continued;

"But anyway, I soon found that doing good was easier said than done. Have you heard about Quest 100? The one where we were supposed to go to the Tower of Babel? That was a disaster. Aside from the quest failing I saw someone murdered, and another person who was trying to help me, an undead woman named Nazgulie, was also killed in a fight, as well as another person, an Orocand- 'green-skin' -named Orokai, who I rather liked but who I had to fight against due to circumstances of allegiance. And finally I was forced to leave innocents in the thrall of a demon that had convinced them he was a god. And the following quest, while successful, didn't really feel that way. A paladin, Rollinger was his name, who was supposed to accompany us was killed in his sleep and... You must understand that throughout the quest I had been plagued by nightmares of a possibility supernatural origin. On the night Rollinger was killed I had a dream where I attacked what seemed to be an evil cultist but in the morning I awoke and Rollinger was dead and my sword was coated in blood. I don't know whether the weapon was taken from me in the night or if I killed the man in my sleep, but the weapon was certainly used." Another pause, those listening got the impression that Throlar was saying things he had never spoken to anyone about before. "But," he continued, "despite all of this I didn't give up, I continued trying to help people, both to redeem myself and simply because it was right to do so. And I think I've done at least some good. I helped spot a mad necromancer from killing everyone in Eubric and later tracked her down in Fellcrest and captured her, and we stopped to help the citizens of the city on the way! I have also helped to; break up a gang of slavers operating in this very city, save a village of Kappa from a Rakshasa who was trying to corrupt it, break up another group who were trying to set up a knockoff Heroica for their own nefarious ends, the last I know you would object to strenuously. And finally I helped to defeat a dragon named Lethauros who intended to turn the entire island into his hunting ground, destroying it in the process! In fact, I ended his life myself. Even during the quest to the Tower we were able to save two young people from being placed at the mercy of the aforementioned demon-god." As he spoke of his own successes Throlar stumbled at first, seemingly surprised by the nature of his own words, but soon grew more confident in his speech. "That," he said, "is the point of this rather rambling speech. I'm trying to say that, while the Heroes of Heroica have and will continue to stumble, to fail and to do the wrong things when put to the test, we will also continue to do the right thing to redeem ourselves and simply because we feel compelled to do the right thing. Like you said, we're here through our own choice. But that is only the case because we felt what you were doing here is wrong, even Germ, I think, and despite what he says. And yes you're right that there are good men who died today, here and elsewhere. But for once it doesn't have to stay this way! You, Miracleworker, have the power to raise the dead, so use it! Bring them back, make it so that no one has to die this day! Or stay dead as the case may be. But please, all of you, stop this senseless fighting before it's too late."

Edited by Lord Duvors

2 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

(I don't have time to complete this tonight, so I'll be editing this post tomorrow to add the rest. Please try not to create ten new pages full of text walls while I'm gone okay? Bye.:tongue:)

OoC: But I like text walls... :tongue: :laugh:

With the encouraging words of Lind, Torald readies himself. He rolls his shoulders, cracks his neck and with a nod to Lind, Ezeran and Petaldan renews his grip on his trident. Fight till the end! Or until we die... 

Torald attacks the "Mountain" with the trident, back row (or front row, what ever is more useful)

Edited by Alfadas