Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

>Torald uses Mead on himself - Success
>Torald vs. Waldorf (Fire) - Spell Counter - 0 Damage, 152 Fire Damage to Waldorf, -1 Ether
>Lind drinks Nostrum - Success
>Lind vs. Jinnipher (Bifrost Blades, twice) - Arrogant Prick Hide - 41 Damage, 30 Gold Stolen, Lind Stunned, Jinnipher Poisoned 10
>Lind vs. Jinnipher (Bifrost Blades, twice) - Stunned
>Ezern applies Venom to Ooze Staff - Success
>Ezeran vs. Skuld (Darkness) - Spell - 94 Damage, Jinxed, -2 Ether, Poison 1

@Waterbrick Down OoC: Technically, Torald used a Venom, not a Mead...so Waldorf should still be alive. But if @Alfadas doesn't mind, I really think that the Mead would be more useful than the Venom.

Also, Skuld should probably be Poisoned? Don't know if the fact that he was using it for a spell matters or not...Either way, Lind definitely dealt Poison 10 to Jinnipher. (Also, I don't think I should have a Smelling Salts still, since I consumed the one I bought from Germ?)

Lind steals 50% more Gold, so he should have stolen 30, not 20.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

5 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

@Waterbrick Down OoC: Technically, Torald used a Venom, not a Mead...so Waldorf should still be alive. But if @Alfadas doesn't mind, I really think that the Mead would be more useful than the Venom.

Yeah it is. But indeed, I said I used a Venom. 

"Good work, cr-" The Black Knight's praise was interrupted as he saw the Center Party collapse.

"No...!" This battle is off to one heck of a bad start...

"HOKE!" The knight's voice echoed across the field. "Take a Smelling Salts, and then use your Phoenix Essence! Then that person needs to drop a Phoenix Incense!

Someone needs to Remedy the Walking Mountain, or he's going down also!"

Did either of Althior or Benji get their Special Guard to trigger?

Edited by CMP

We really should get rid of more of these vines, they are making Roiser stronger. 

Reflecting Root F (if already dead Reflecting Root E) with "Flying Talon" from the back row. 

"Dyric, I need you to either finish off Guts and have the spillover go to Chesterine, or else target her directly, your call.  Everyone else, if you're not Lucky, don't target Chesterine directly."

Arthur melee attacks Reflecting Root B with his Icy Halberd from the Back Row.  If Reflecting Root B is eliminated, he attacks Reflecting Root A instead, or C if A is already down.

Lady Luck and the Miracle Worker repeat their previous actions.

Edited by Flipz

Pretzel attacks Kayla from the Front Row with Heaven and Hell while Dual-Striking Chesterine.

Pretzel then Dual-Strikes Restoring Roots I and J with the Dual Staff from the Back Row.

Petaldan repeats.

Is Dual-Striking counted as AoE?

Hoke - Hero's Cocktail (Free Item Action), Zoot's Order, Right Arm, Front Row x2

Torc - Breath, Right Arm, Back Row

Edited by UsernameMDM

41 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke - Hero's Cocktail (Free Item Action), Zoot's Order, Right Arm, Front Row x2

OOC: As it stands, Rosier would be immune to both of those actions; additionally, unless you Essence someone up, you're the only PC on the center front; Torc is KO'd.

3 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Petaldan repeats.

"Petaldan, I don't think that would be the best course of action. I suggest you simply be ready to either heal whoever's the most injured or throw a fire bomb at one of the roots. In fact..."

Throlar heals whoever is the most injured, if no-one is injured he will throw a Fire Bomb at Reinvigorating Root D.

Edited by Lord Duvors

"Lind," said Throlar, "I appreciate the work you've done, but I think I have an idea what to do next, would you mind if I took the tacticians' chair?"

Suggested Battle Order and Actions, Right Flank;

1. Kiray vs Diana - Hunter's Crossbow, Back Row.
  2. Kiray vs Diana - Hunter's Crossbow, Back Row.
  3. Petaldan - Throw Fire Bomb at Restoring Root F, Front Row.
  4. Eric vs Twisted "Eight Ball" - Godricsleif, Front Row.
  5. Lind vs Jinnipher x2 - Bifrost Blades, Font Row.
  6. Lind vs Jinnipher x2 - Bifrost Blades, Front Row.
  7. Heckz vs Heckz - Darkness spell via Weatherfax Broom, Back Row.
  8. Germ vs Reflecting Root F - Flying Talon "of the Salamander", Back Row.
  9. Torald vs Waldorf - Torangu's Trident, Front Row.
  10. Ezeran vs Sküld - Darkness spell via Ooze Wand, Back Row.
  11. Throlar - Heal most injured, Front Row. Conditional; if there are no injured Throlar will throw a Fire Bomb at Reinvigorating Root D.
Edited by Lord Duvors
Planning.

14 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Also, Skuld should probably be Poisoned? Don't know if the fact that he was using it for a spell matters or not...Either way, Lind definitely dealt Poison 10 to Jinnipher. (Also, I don't think I should have a Smelling Salts still, since I consumed the one I bought from Germ?)

Lind steals 50% more Gold, so he should have stolen 30, not 20.

QM Note: Changed Alfadas's action to using the Venom. Skuld is not poisoned as it requires a physical attack to be transferred, Poison dealt to Jinnipher, smelling salts fixed, Gold adjusted.

12 hours ago, CMP said:

Did either of Althior or Benji get their Special Guard to trigger?

QM Note: Special Guard only happens on their respective turns, they were both put to sleep on Luxidios's turn.

4 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Pretzel attacks Kayla from the Front Row with Heaven and Hell while Dual-Striking Chesterine.

Pretzel then Dual-Strikes Restoring Roots I and J with the Dual Staff from the Back Row.

Petaldan repeats.

Is Dual-Striking counted as AoE?

QM Note: Dual-strike would not be considered an AOE, practically speaking AOE includes anything that targets all enemies. For example, the hero attack portion of Dragon's wrath would not fall under the immunity, the Dragon's portion of the attack however would.

Effortlessly, Dyric took out the majority of the doppelgangers. These weren't anyone he knew, he reminded himself. He barely had time to smirk at his strike when orders were shouted his way.

4 hours ago, Flipz said:

"Dyric, I need you to either finish off Guts and have the spillover go to Chesterine, or else target her directly, your call.  Everyone else, if you're not Lucky, don't target Chesterine directly."

Nothing I throw at Guts it going to pierce him, I believe. Elemental immunity is real nice until it gets thrown your way. I should be able to take out Chesterine, though - hope you don't mind, Matthias. 

Breathing slowly, Rone fires at Chesterine (Kayla, Guts), and Reinvigorating Root A (Remedying Root C, Reinvigorating Root B) from the back

2 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Lind," said Throlar, "I appreciate the work you've done, but I think I have an idea what to do next, would you mind if I took the tacticians' chair?"

3. Eric vs Twisted "Eight Ball" - Godricsleif, Front Row.
  4. Lind vs Jinnipher x2 - Bifrost Blades, Font Row.
  5. Lind vs Jinnipher x2 - Bifrost Blades, Front Row.
  6. Heckz vs Heckz - Darkness spell via Weatherfax Broom, Back Row.
  7. Germ vs Reflecting Root F - Flying Talon "of the Salamander", Back Row.
  8. Torald vs Waldorf - Torangu's Trident, Front Row.
  9. Ezeran vs Sküld - Darkness spell via Ooze Wand, Back Row.
  10. Throlar - Heal most injured, Front Row. Conditional; if there are no injured Throlar will throw a Fire Bomb at Reinvigorating Root D.
  11. Petaldan - Heal most injured, Front Row. Conditional; if there are no injured Petaldan will throw a Fire Bomb at Restoring Root F.

The Black Knight nodded. "Looks good!

Only criticism is that Eric doesn't have any defense, so he's going to take 15 damage from Periwinkle, and with what's going on in the Center, we're all going to need all the health we can get - but his health is 104, so he should be able to take it."

Lind strikes Jinnipher twice with the Bifrost Blades, Front Row, and Heckz uses his Amethyst on Heckz with his Weatherfax Broom from the Back Row.

4 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

OoC: Free Item Actions are limited to the first round of battle.

3 hours ago, Flipz said:

OOC: As it stands, Rosier would be immune to both of those actions; additionally, unless you Essence someone up, you're the only PC on the center front; Torc is KO'd.

Also, since Rosier's Quickened 10, even if everyone's attacks succeed, everyone standing in the Center party is going to be KO'd through Free Hits alone.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Karie strikes Restoring Root A from the back row.

"When I get to big and ugly she's not going to be too keen with what I'm going to do to her!" Karie remarks as she hacks away at the roots.

55 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

The Black Knight nodded. "Looks good!

Only criticism is that Eric doesn't have any defense, so he's going to take 15 damage from Periwinkle, and with what's going on in the Center, we're all going to need all the health we can get - but his health is 104, so he should be able to take it."

"Err, no he won't. Kiray will absorb that free hit without taking damage, that's why she's going first."

There was a brief pause as Throlar went over what Lind just said.

"'His health is one-hundred and four'? Lind, are you drunk again? What the hell does that even mean?"

Edited by Lord Duvors

Torald looks the Waldorf look alike or whatever it is in the eye, clenches his jaw and stabs his trident straight through his stomach. Whatever you are, don't impersonate others. Won't end well for you. 

Torald attacks Waldorf with the trident, front row. 

7 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Err, no he won't. Kiray will absorb that free hit without taking damage, that's why she's going first."

There was a brief pause as Throlar went over what Lind just said.

"'His health is one-hundred and four'? Lind, are you drunk again? What the hell does that even mean?"

"Rough way of calculating battle odds?"

OoC: :facepalm: :blush: 

He shrugged.

"Did you forget about Nazgulie?

With her still standing, and no one targeting her, going by your plan will have Kiray absorbing a Free Hit from her, while Eric will be taking a Free Hit from Periwinkle."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

On 10/8/2018 at 1:38 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

>Matthias heals lowest if any injured or vs. Nyx Guts (Fireball) - Damage Special Damage - Guts Hexed vs. Reinvigorating Root C! Hit, KO'd

Is there a reason Matthias didn't take his second turn, and didn't target Chesterine?

14 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Nothing I throw at Guts it going to pierce him, I believe. Elemental immunity is real nice until it gets thrown your way. I should be able to take out Chesterine, though - hope you don't mind, Matthias.

"Mind? Why would I mind?" The gnome plays just a little dumb, and laughs mirthlessly at his own joke. "Kill them all, Master Assassin."

> Matthias: Nurture (Stave) v. first (by battle order) injured or negatively affected party member; if none, Fireball v. Chesterine (if down, then Guts, then Hoples)
> Matthias: Nurture (Stave) v. first (by battle order) injured or negatively affected party member; if none, Fireball v. Chesterine (if down, then Guts, then Hoples)

Edited by StickFig

From the Back Row, Petaldan heals the part member with the least health or throws a Fire Bomb at Restoring Root F if no one needs healing.

Let's try to cut back on the conditionals fellows. If you take off the first action entirely, Petaldan could jump up the battle order and eat a free hit.

13 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"Did you forget about Nazgulie?

With her still standing, and no one targeting her, going by your plan will have Kiray absorbing a Free Hit from her, while Eric will be taking a Free Hit from Periwinkle."

(Kiray is hastend, that means she'll take both free hits this round.)

(Edit; Apparently I was wrong about how free hits work, the battle order will receive minor revision shortly. However, I must point out that It still would've been unlikely for Eric to take a free hit. If Kiray hits Diana this round she'll do enough damage to KO the enemy in one hit. If she does that on the first attack [which is probable given the fact that she's lucky] then her second attack would automatically target Nazgulie meaning she'll be targeted this round as well. If that happens then there'll only be one free hit this round and Kiray will be easily able to ignore it. However the risk of Eric taking damage this round is real enough to make changing the battle order worthwhile.)

Edited by Lord Duvors

(Copying the modified battle order down here for convenience.)

23 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

3. Petaldan - Throw Fire Bomb at Restoring Root F, Front Row.
  4. Eric vs Twisted "Eight Ball" - Godricsleif, Front Row.
  5. Lind vs Jinnipher x2 - Bifrost Blades, Font Row.
  6. Lind vs Jinnipher x2 - Bifrost Blades, Front Row.
  7. Heckz vs Heckz - Darkness spell via Weatherfax Broom, Back Row.
  8. Germ vs Reflecting Root F - Flying Talon "of the Salamander", Back Row.
  9. Torald vs Waldorf - Torangu's Trident, Front Row.
  10. Ezeran vs Sküld - Darkness spell via Ooze Wand, Back Row.
  11. Throlar - Heal most injured, Front Row. Conditional; if there are no injured Throlar will throw a Fire Bomb at Reinvigorating Root D.

12 hours ago, StickFig said:

Is there a reason Matthias didn't take his second turn, and didn't target Chesterine?

"Mind? Why would I mind?" The gnome plays just a little dumb, and laughs mirthlessly at his own joke. "Kill them all, Master Assassin."

QM Note: Sorry, I should have cross-checked your action with the order that was posted. Round fixed. Everyone note that Restoring Root  C is still up.