KikoTube

Chevrolet C10 1972 / WIP - Physical Model

Hello guys, 

first of all, sorry for the late replie @Aleh I do not think, that the bonnet will be openable, cause it works as a stabilizing part, and the 5x7 Frame which you can see on the front axle is directly underneath...

Meantime the marriage took place! Cab, Chassis and back part are attached to each other. Also I decided to make two back part versions. The first one is going to be a tow truck. And the second would be the fleetside. And maybe (if I have the time and the Money :grin:) a stepside. So here are some Pictures:

P.S: this time I used Pov-Ray for Rendering. Which do you like more, bluerender (previous renders) or Pov-Ray?

Achs2%20%233.png

Achs2%20%234.png

Here you can see the mounting Points for the tow truck crane. It can be connected with the Chassis for better stabilization

Achs2%20%235.png

Hope you like the Progress!

Edited by KikoTube

Just now, Aleh said:

@KikoTube Thanks for the answer!
Will you build a physical model after digital is done?

Yes, sure. I already ordered parts for the cab!

Looking good! however I am concerned that the front wheels will rub against the wheel arches when you attempt to steer. I would get two of the arch pieces for testing purposes before you purchase all of the parts. I would also take into account that it should also be able to steer when the suspension is compressed as well.

Hey @Beck

I already tested it in RL. It works even suspended. Here is a digital example:

Left: Normal Position 

Right: Suspended Position

800x415.jpg

800x415.jpg

The back is more or less done:

The crane is connected with the Chassis at 4 places

Achs2%20%236.png

Achs2%20%237.png

Still to do: Stopper mechanism of the winch

@Corrado Thanks!

@aminnich Thanks, aminnich :blush:

So the Panel-Version would be finished as well:

800x450.jpg

The Battbox is camouflaged as a Generator:

800x415.jpg

800x415.jpg

800x415.jpg

The back lights were a pain in the a**. I dont think it would be possible without that stud stucking out... Well it would have been possible, if i had made a static back "door" 

Great looking model. If the real one looks half as nice as your digital cab, it will be a head turner. I've started this model a few times but abandon it usually to that rear suspension and trying to capture the body lines in Lego. Mine have also been based on the scale of the VW Bus tires. 

It ended very well. Looks like it would be suitable also for Scale models theme :thumbup:

The first vehicle I ever owned was a 68' GMC the body style is the same as this one, although mine was red. So I have a special fondness of your MOC. Many times I have tried recreate my old red truck, without much success. However now I am inspired to try it again. Hope you don't mind if I borrow some of your ideas, as you really nailed the look. Spot on in fact. 

@I_Igor For sure :laugh:

@aminnich I need to stop now, or i wont be able to catch up with my real bricks :wink:. Would have been a good idea though, but we do not have snow :sceptic:

@Aventador2004 Thanks man!

@Johnny1360 I just googled it, yes they look very similar. No Problem, use as much ideas as you want! Im happy when i can inspire people

17 hours ago, aminnich said:

'Tis the season for snow, how about a snow spreader next :tongue:

Thanks to God I have +15 degrees today (continental climate), but that kind of camper could be usefull for winter vacation if you can stand a bit colder weather

4 hours ago, filsawgood said:

Great  project! I love it! Especially this:

Thanks @filsawgood

Means a lot to me coming from you, your and some other vids on youtube inspired me in my dark ages :classic:

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted picture.

Wow, I somehow missed this thread completely, shame on me:blush:

Brilliant looking model :wub:, with a great balance between functionality and looks. It reminds me of Sariel's studded models. Well done:thumbup:

This is amazing! I love Chevy trucks and its nice to see such a classic looking truck as to something completely wild. You might have given me inspiration to build a 65 C10 now!