Sebeus I

[OL - AMRCA - Sebeus I] Quest for the Flying Dutchman

Prelude:

There are rumors, rumors about the return of a legendary ghost ship.

A ship long thought to be gone forever.

37587820282_cd83e19fea_c.jpg

The story begins in Trador, under the authority of Lord Maximilian Damaximus ( @Maxim I ).

After some contributions to the Seabased city, Sebeus began preparing an expedition. Through the resources of Lord Maximilian information came into Sebeus hands.

There has been a sighting, the Dreaded Flying Dutchman has been spotted, atleast that's what the rumors say. Nevertheless, it must be investigated. 

What is the impact of such ghostship on the naval activities? The tactical advantage of obtaining control over that ship, would that even be possible?

But there are personal motives at play as well, what those are are yet to be revealed...

36949397473_2af19a73c3_c.jpg

Sebeus will set out with one of the fastest ships of Oleon's trading fleet, the Raging Fire, to investigate this matter,

the quest for the Flying Dutchman...

INDEX:

Edited by Sebeus I
added link

Wow, that is a great tower, I love the details, especially the top and how the beach gently slopes down to the water. Very nicely done! I shall be referencing this one in the future to be sure!

Sweet tower indeed, just had a look at the Raging Fire again and hope we get to see some more action shots of her as well. It's a beauty!

Great tower, and I love how the terrain gradually makes it way from the rocks to the beach to the water. Wonderful work! Looking forward to more of this story! :thumbup:

Thanks for the nice comments,

I actually built this at Maxim's, using his collection.

2 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

That is a lovely tower and great idea for story.

I'd even suggest you talk to @kaiju, as he would likely "lend" you the Lost Soul's Tide ghost ship.

Thanks but I already have a perfect ship for the role in the making :wink: (link).

Edited by Sebeus I
spelling

The way you incorporated the rock wall prefab into the rock: :thumbup::wub:

And the top of the tower. Muy bien. Thank you for the preview. Looking forward to the development on this.

@Sebeus I

Heading towards the rumored location of the Flying Dutchman, the look-out hails the deck - a lonely mast poking out of the ocean has been spotted.

Upon closer inspection, a golden amulet on the mast (23 dbs added to adventure treasury) identifies the wreck as a Mardierian vessel. Everything points to this being the Mardierian war galleon El Grande, rumoured to be on a secret mission armed with silver cannonballs, in a last desparate attempt at changing the outcome of the war of '617, and in the deep, a silvery shine can indeed be seen amongst the prowling sharks. But what enemy would one hunt with silvery weapons? And can they prove useful in the future?

What are your orders, Captain?
Safe: Ignore this shark-infested wreck - the Flying Dutchman is rumoured to have been seen further north from here.

Risky: Hey-ho Silver! Get me these cannonballs, and get all of them!! Poseidon will watch over us and save us from the predators of the deep!

Elaborate: Hey-ho Silver - but do it smart! Do everything to protect ourselves from the sharks - put together some diving equipment, and get out the harpoons! Then get me that silver!
Build one moc showing the diving equipment fashioned for the task, including measures to fend off the sharks, and one build showing the underwater retrieval of the cannonballs.

Note: In any case, the adventure requires one build to continue. If you decide on the elaborate choice, a total of two builds are required as mentioned. Your story should clarify which option you are taking, but you are welcome to interpret the options creatively. Let us know if you have any questions.

Just wanted to drop a quick note and express how cool I think this new format is. Thanks @Legostone and leadership in general.

Also it's a wonderful MOC most certainly!

Edited by Elostirion

I chose the Elaborate option.

It was indeed the Mardieran galleon El Grande resting below. What use silver cannon balls could possible have was still under discussion but in any case,

the massive amount of silver alone was more than enough reason to set up a salvage operation.

The Idea was simple, A couple of crewmen would go out on a sloop to lure the sharks away from the wreck.

37677691632_08cd33816f_c.jpg

One of the guys had the Idea to mark the sharks with buoys by shooting arrows through their dorsal fin. That way we could see when a shark would return to the wreck.

In the mean time the diving bell was prepared for submersion. You wouldn't believe the variety of things stuffed in the Raging Fire's hold.

23856650288_9008b7a99a_c.jpg

There wasn't much left of the El Grande, didn't look that 'grande' anymore. 

Salvaging the silver was a tough work, the best swimmers took turns diving down, pick up a cannon ball and drop it in a box which would be taken up from time to time.

Even our captain took a dive.

37642494204_ae336eaf59_c.jpg

After a successful salvage operation the hold was loaded with silver. This was however not ideal for our actual quest, the Raging Fire became heavy and thus slower. This would make use more vulnerable to pirates and other potential threats at sea...

The captain decided we should either sell or hide the silver somewhere safe before we proceed further north. While everyone was celebrating our haul, Captain Sebeus went to his cabin deciding on our next destination, a place to dispose of the silver perhaps...

This might be 2 and a half builds :wink:

Edited by Sebeus I

11 hours ago, Sebeus I said:

didn't look that 'grande' anymore

:pir-laugh: I like the shipwreck, and the sea bed.

@Sebeus I

The Storm had finally reached the North Prio Seas, and the Raging Fire had been sent far off course; after it had set a sailor in the tops noticed a town on the Horizon - it was quickly identified as Freeport. Being way off from the planned course and wanting to sell the silver, it was decided to dock there - refill cargo, sell some stuff and maybe gain some valuable information about the Flying Dutchman. It was quickly found out that interest in buying the silver for any good prices was out of question - most of those who could have been interested had already left, and the next wave of merchants wasn't expected for another month. While looking around for a potential buyer, rumors of a ghost ship popped up occasionally; apparently one had been sighted in the South Prio Seas.

A) Sell them at whatever price they may achieve and get moving. We've got a Dutchman to catch!

Show the transaction - who ends up buying them?

B) We must unload the silver cannonballs. They take up too much weight and space. Should we bury them somewhere on the island or entrust them to someone for safekeeping?

C) I'll be damned if they leave my sight without a proper price. And who knows, they may even prove useful! We shall improve the ship with studding sails to carry the extra weight at no cost in speed!

Notes: 

You decide which way you continue; North or South?

A minimum of one build is required for the adventure to proceed, but more is encouraged.

Rumors:

On 12/2/2017 at 3:38 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Ghost Ship Spotted?

Our agent in Jameston reports that the crew of The Eagle claim to have seen a mysterious ghost ship in the South Prio Seas. While we at the KPA are skeptical, and suspect the crew of The Eagle of drinking with certain Oleon sailors, our agent reliably informs us that the tale was being told before the drinking began. We leave it to our readers to determine the veracity of this report.