Inthert

[MOC] Naboo N-1 Starfighter + Breakdown

Just over a year ago I built a Naboo Starfighter, at the time I couldn't think of anything I wanted to change.. but as is so often the case, time went on and more and more things looked off to me. Then the Battlefront 2 trailer was released (the one heavily featuring Naboo) and I was painfully reminded just how much I like the design of the N-1. So I decided it was time for a revisit.. and this is the result:

36766111134_43ba07a65d_b.jpgNaboo N-1 Starfighter V2 by Inthert, on Flickr

36766111534_45026841c8_b.jpgNaboo N-1 Starfighter V2 (Top) by Inthert, on Flickr

More images are up on Flickr where I've also created two breakdown shots for those interested in how this thing goes together :classic:

36766111934_ae0c37b372_b.jpgNaboo N-1 Starfighter V2 (Breakdown 1) by Inthert, on Flickr

And finally an image of my old design for comparison:

29621510110_7483e01eb6_b.jpgNaboo N-1 starfighter (1) by Inthert, on Flickr

Be sure to let me know what you think! :classic:

Fantastic work. Any shots of the underside while it's assembled? The breakdown shot is a perfect example of using every bit of the guts and building from every angle. 

This is just fantastic! I am stunned again every time I look at it, and I've seen it quite a few times already.. :D

I just spent a few hours working on my own N-1 again and thought I'd repost it and now here is yours, making my design look just pityfull! :D

Oh wow! So very sleek. I had the original Naboo Starfighter from the 1990's which looked like a flying brick, so your model is definitely impressive to me! How sturdy is it?

Really nice work.  I'm impressed with the smoothness and number of angles you've captured related to the super-curvy design of the N-1 at such a small scale.  Bravo on the interior construction techniques as well!  :sweet:

12 hours ago, Gusseteer said:

That is one awesome moc. Such a great rendition of the vehicle. You should be really proud of this one.

12 hours ago, brickmasterben11 said:

Very sleek! I like the amount of SNOT that went into this build.

12 hours ago, Spongebob456 said:

So sleek - great job! :)

10 hours ago, Sir Brickalot said:

Stunning design!

9 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Fantastic design, some very interesting uses of pieces!

5 hours ago, deraven said:

Really nice work.  I'm impressed with the smoothness and number of angles you've captured related to the super-curvy design of the N-1 at such a small scale.  Bravo on the interior construction techniques as well!  :sweet:

Thanks so much everyone!

10 hours ago, sokewl said:

Great design. You dont have a parts list? Do you ;)

Thanks! No parts list at the moment I'm afraid.

10 hours ago, Kit Bricksto said:

This is just fantastic! I am stunned again every time I look at it, and I've seen it quite a few times already.. :D

I just spent a few hours working on my own N-1 again and thought I'd repost it and now here is yours, making my design look just pityfull! :D

Haha! True, I guess your more familiar with it than anyone :D Thanks buddy!

9 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Oh wow! So very sleek. I had the original Naboo Starfighter from the 1990's which looked like a flying brick, so your model is definitely impressive to me! How sturdy is it?

Thanks! I had the 2011 version (think it was released in 2011 anyway) and even that one lacked quite a bit of the sleekness the real craft has.. Glad you like my rendition though! Its very fragile in all honesty, the engines in particular are only held on by two studs. However, I am comfortable with picking it up and gently swooshing it around. Any sharp turns or knocks to the engines do make me wince though!

Well I thought my Naboo Fighter was really cool... until I saw this -___-

Amazing model. Nailed it. One thing I'm curious, on is how sturdy is it?

7 hours ago, TemjinStrife said:

Man, one of these days I will have to build the whole Inthert starfighter collection . . . 

Haha! Thanks! :classic:

7 hours ago, jameseilers said:

Well I thought my Naboo Fighter was really cool... until I saw this -___-

Amazing model. Nailed it. One thing I'm curious, on is how sturdy is it?

Thanks man! Although In regards to stability I think you've got me there!:grin: Its very fragile, I can pick it up and gently 'fly' it around but that's about it, any sharp turns or unwanted knocks are likely to break it unfortunately. :classic:

5 hours ago, blbills said:

Unbelievable as usual!

Thanks so much!

It's simply an amazing model of one of my favorite Star Wars ship ! :D If I build this one day, I will mix your model with Psiaki one to build a more swooshable model ;)

Thank you ! And keep showing us your amazing models ;)

11 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Simply beautiful... :wub: I never thought this sort of shaping could be achieved at this scale. Wonderful job! :thumbup:

Thanks so much! :classic:

10 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

It's simply an amazing model of one of my favorite Star Wars ship ! :D If I build this one day, I will mix your model with Psiaki one to build a more swooshable model ;)

Thank you ! And keep showing us your amazing models ;)

Thanks! :blush: That's not a bad plan actually, as happy as I am with the shaping/overall look it is incredibly fragile, although since I know exactly what it can and can't do its not that bad :classic:

The upgrade is very visible, the result close to perfection. The archs in the back and the sloping really seal the deal!

To me, I find that the underside looks the most beautiful!!  :wub: The curves look and match so perfectly with each other, almost organic in nature.

Wow, that’s really incredible, very very close to the real model! I especially love the curve that connects the tail to the cockpit made with the yellow arch, you’re probably the first to achieve that perfect shape.

And yes, now I want to recreate your model for my collection.. :sadnew:

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, faire said:

The upgrade is very visible, the result close to perfection. The archs in the back and the sloping really seal the deal!

Thanks! :blush:

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:18 AM, Azrielsc said:

To me, I find that the underside looks the most beautiful!!  :wub: The curves look and match so perfectly with each other, almost organic in nature.

Thanks so much!

Just now, Spacebrick said:

Wow, that’s really incredible, very very close to the real model! I especially love the curve that connects the tail to the cockpit made with the yellow arch, you’re probably the first to achieve that perfect shape.

And yes, now I want to recreate your model for my collection.. :sadnew:

Haha! Thank you! :blush:

Really well done. Never one of my favorite ships from SW, but seeing your rendition it is easily the best version I've seen. Even the underside is really nice. I think you captured the light and fast feel of the movie ship really well.