Got the Elvenstar tree, it is the bomb. Man I hope this theme continues in 2019...It is just so good!

There's no longer a section for Elves at my local LEGO Store. They said they weren't going to receive any more. Apparently they were all put on sale last weekend during the Christmas in July stuff (yes, even the new sets).

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

There's no longer a section for Elves at my local LEGO Store. They said they weren't going to receive any more. Apparently they were all put on sale last weekend during the Christmas in July stuff (yes, even the new sets).

That's probably the sign. It make it a year longer than I thought it would, and it was a good run. In all likelihood this was the final wave.

It was a better Castle theme than Nexo Knights, but it was missing minifigures.  In a way, sad to see it go if it is done.

Elves - like Ninjago would have had years of of potential ahead. Never thought it would be possible that I'll buy something, until I saw one of the dragons on a shelf. It gave me the courage to purchase a set on sale. Only then I saw that there's no other theme, where they put so much energy in aesthetics. Even on different angles, like downside.

I wonder how they're gonna replace it. Maybe "Girls" themes, other than "Friends" just don't sell well enough. So sad, imagine all the dragons or animals we could have gotten. Like a whale, bears or other animals.

RIP and my respect for the designers!

43 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Elves - like Ninjago would have had years of of potential ahead. Never thought it would be possible that I'll buy something, until I saw one of the dragons on a shelf. It gave me the courage to purchase a set on sale. Only then I saw that there's no other theme, where they put so much energy in aesthetics. Even on different angles, like downside.

I wonder how they're gonna replace it. Maybe "Girls" themes, other than "Friends" just don't sell well enough. So sad, imagine all the dragons or animals we could have gotten. Like a whale, bears or other animals.

RIP and my respect for the designers!

Naah. Mini-dolls are about to go big with their probable prominence in The Lego Movie 2. (Which is a bit of a shame, since minfigs are so much better as toys.) Y'now, I think that we're going to see a lot of mini-doll stuff in the Systarr system . . but there's been very few mini-doll themes to date. I bet they're trying to push out Elves so that they can introduce a brand new theme next year to replace it that will then get cross-promotion with the movie. 

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I wonder how they're gonna replace it. 

Upwards into space, perhaps? :purrr:

Really gonna be bummed if this theme is truly over. It’s definitely the most attractive design wise. No other themes come close to Elves’ ability to make so many gorgeous color schemes. 

As for a replacement, I’d like to see a cyberpunk retro space centered theme full of hoverbikes and diners. Unless they decide to profit off of Forces of Destiny with a mini doll theme. Or maybe a mermaids and female pirates theme.

Can't believe is over. 

This was such a refreshing theme

RIP Elves :sadnew:

I wonder if they are going to "replace" it with another fantasy minidoll theme

Maybe there are planning a new theme with TLM2 space-minidolls? Like a spin-off similar to Unikitty's

4 hours ago, saysonder said:

As for a replacement, I’d like to see a cyberpunk retro space centered theme full of hoverbikes and diners.

Even better, a Raypunk styled retro space theme, something more taking after the 1930's aesthetic of comic strips such as Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon as opposed to the eighties, Blade Runner aesthetic of Cyberpunk. :grin:

A couple of weeks ago I saw many 2018 sets on sale (the smaller the set, the larger % off, from 15 to 50%). I feared this could mean Elves were on their way out, yet I hoped they weren't.

I did wonder if it was coming to an end as originally this wave of Elves sets were exclusive to Argos in the UK. But they have since appeared on Amazon and were included in this weeks' heavy discounts. Almost like Lego is releasing the stock to more retailers to try and shift it ...

Elves ending is a huge disappointment... not that four years isn't a respectable lifespan for a theme, but as my favorite Lego theme for the past few years, it still stings.

Hopefully we don't stop getting colorful and creative parts that can be used for Elves MOCs any time soon. More than any other theme in the past, I'd love to keep this one going in my own MOCs for as long as possible.

Why do you say it's the end of the LEGO Elves license? Lego did not communicate the top. Instead of already burying the license you should write better posts more positive ... Because if LEGO reads you, actually it will end up stop lego elves.....continue to support the license as long as LEGO has not announced anything .... Nothing suggests for the moment that LEGO Elves have finished . Have a good day.

1 hour ago, Etherion said:

Why do you say it's the end of the LEGO Elves license? Lego did not communicate the top. Instead of already burying the license you should write better posts more positive ... Because if LEGO reads you, actually it will end up stop lego elves.....continue to support the license as long as LEGO has not announced anything .... Nothing suggests for the moment that LEGO Elves have finished . Have a good day.

I like the way you think. I'm rooting for one more year!

Although, after Nexo Knights' last wave was cancelled . . . I'm not getting my hopes too high again . .

Yes, can you stop burying the LEGO Elves range?
Currently nothing suggests the death of the range.
It is 4 years old and sells incredibly well without any advertising around and is very often out of stock before christmas.
Your messages are not very positive.
Wait and see

Local Walmarts and Targets have most of the theme in clearance now as well.

Let's not read the eulogy before the theme is officially demised. But it would be sad, and a missed opportunity, as there are so many creative possibilities that have not been explored. A lower body mermaid part for minidolls exists, and that would be a great sub-theme. And with the new Sweet Mayhem figure, winged Elves are a now a possibility. I hope the upcoming movie gives the whole minidoll section a deserved impulse. As they are consistently good sets- I don't think there are official numbers on sales, but we have to keep in mind that LEGO reaches a part of the market with these that they otherwise would not have access to.

And yes, a minidolls in space theme! Would love that!

While I have no evidence about what will happen to Elves in 2019, let me add that I've been to another Carrofour and 1H2018 sets were on sale again (the last turtle left and 3 lions). That made my S/O happy, but not as happy as she would be with a 5th year run.

Before you ask: yes, I like Elves too and own 21 sets; that's 60% according to Brickset. And will add at least a couple more.

10 hours ago, x105Black said:

Looking forward to seeing what comes after Elves.

You know what's rather strange though, is that with Nexo Knights ended for sure, signs pointing to Elves seemingly heading towards the same fate, and Ninjago looking to be rereleasing some of their earliest sets, 2019 will somewhat be without an original in-house action/adventure theme. :look:

Having said that though, perhaps we still may be surprised to learn that Elves will continue for a fifth year, as it's fourth year was certainly a surprise, given that many presumed that it'd only run an obligatory three-year run.

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You know what's rather strange though, is that with Nexo Knights ended for sure, signs pointing to Elves seemingly heading towards the same fate, and Ninjago looking to be rereleasing some of their earliest sets, 2019 will somewhat be without an original in-house action/adventure theme. :look:

Having said that though, perhaps we still may be surprised to learn that Elves will continue for a fifth year, as it's fourth year was certainly a surprise, given that many presumed that it'd only run an obligatory three-year run.

Well, we have been getting leaks for a new theme currently known only as 'AL'. This could certainly be a new in-house theme to replace Nexo Knights. Maybe "Adventurer's League"? Something to answer the constant cries for a rerelease of Johnny Thunder and co.?

Hell, maybe it'll be a direct continuation? We could get to see a version of Johnny who's gotten old and now acts as mentor for/lives vicariously through a new group of younger adventurers. I wasn't even around for the original Adventurers theme, but I'd buy that. ^^

Although that is just speculation . . .

Either way, if Elves does die, I just hope that the lovely moulds they introduced for it don't die with it. Especially the animal heads; those are adorable and I want them in more colours. 

21 hours ago, Euphorine said:

Currently nothing suggests the death of the range.

I'd say the local LEGO store removing all sets on August 1 and removing the shelf header, and telling people they can order the last wave's sets online while they last, does suggest that Elves is done. I mean, I'd be thrilled if it remained, but I see nothing but its demise.