Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

1 hour ago, blbills said:

Does anyone know if the manual is available in a digital format anywhere?

I asked TLG customer service a week ago:

We're really happy that you're interested on our LEGO® Millennium Falcon™ building instructions! Unfortunately you have to wait a bit more time in order to find them online! In fact we'll try to upload them when there will be the official launch (1st of October)! However we can't assure you that they will be available that specific day. But I can assure you that our team will work so hard in order to upload them on our web site as soon as possible! I can suggest you to wait at most 1 or 2 weeks in order to see them available!

However, given that 75192 is remaining VIP-only into November (at least), they may not be uploaded officially for a while. I doubt any buyers will bother scanning 466 A3-sized pages. :sceptic:

On 9/29/2017 at 11:38 AM, joeshmoe554 said:

My girlfriend called a LEGO store yesterday and asked about it.  Apparently if you are on a waiting list, they will notify you when a new shipment comes in and its your place in line.  They will then hold it for 24 hours before moving to the next person in line.  They also said people would get 3 chances before they were removed from the waiting list, so if you can't make it the first time they notify you then you will get 2 more chances to pick one up.

10 hours ago, Billiybob said:

Actually they will only call you to notify about the set, they will not hold the set for anyone. The set is only first-come-first-serve for now. If you live far from your closest LEGO store, you will most likely not get one.

Hey Billiybob,

Where did you get your info from? When I called my store to reserve, the store clerk read me the email sent out to all the stores that stated the same thing that joeshmoe's girlfriend said. Hold 24 hours, 3 chances. I could see where stores can't follow the email, but if the stores are following the above guideline, then that is more than fair and very much appreciated. Especially since the site can't hold them at all when notifying by email.

Bricklink now has all the parts listed on their site. I don't know how or why one particular seller chose to do it, but I got most the rare parts for $0.05 a piece. 

"*Batch #1 (submitted Oct 1, 2017 15:45)
[New] Black Container, Bucket 1 x 1 x 1 Handle / Scooter Stand   (x2) ..... US $0.27 each = US $0.54
[New] Black Dish 4 x 4 Inverted (Radar) with Dejarik Table Pattern  (x1) ..... US $0.05 each = US $0.05
[New] Black Minifig, Weapon Gun, Blaster Short (SW)  (x1) ..... US $0.39 each = US $0.39
[New] Black Minifig, Weapon Gun, Blaster Small (SW)  (x2) ..... US $0.24 each = US $0.48
[New] Black Tile, Modified 2 x 2 with Studs on Edge  (x1) ..... US $0.37 each = US $0.37
[New] Light Bluish Gray Cone Half 10 x 5 x 6  (x1) ..... US $0.05 each = US $0.05
[New] Light Bluish Gray Tile, Modified 2 x 2 Corner with Cut Corner - Facet  (x10) ..... US $0.40 each = US $4.00
[New] Light Bluish Gray Tile, Modified 2 x 2 Inverted  (x10) ..... US $0.36 each = US $3.60
[New] Light Bluish Gray Tile, Round 2 x 2 with Bottom Stud Holder with Grille Fine Mesh Pattern  (x3) ..... US $0.56 each = US $1.68
[New] Trans-Clear Cone Half 10 x 5 x 6 with SW Millennium Falcon Cockpit Pattern  (x1) ..... US $0.05 each = US $0.05
[New] Trans-Clear Dish 6 x 6 Inverted - No Studs with Handle with SW Millennium Falcon Cannon Window Pattern  (x2) ..... US $0.05 each = US $0.10
[New] Trans-Clear Dish 6 x 6 Inverted (Radar) - Solid Studs with Radial Millennium Falcon Cockpit Pattern (x1) ..... US $0.05 each = US $0.05"

I got the 4 stud dajarik table, both transparent clear dishes, the 6 stud front cockpit, and both cone parts to complete the cockpit. I wish I could have snagged the radar dish. If this seller goes through with the purchase I have saved myself $800 for these parts. I have debated on purchasing the new set for the parts, rather than building this version. I plan on doing my own falcon with interior, but this purchase was an incredible steal I just could not pass up. I hope the LEGO store has this set in the next few months because I want to heavily modify the set, but if they don't become easy to find, I may use the LEGO instructions and work on it from there. 

Do you really think you're going to get those parts for that price? MF cockpit for five cents when the others for sale are in the 140EUR range?

Why would anyone part out a 800USD set and loose 750USD?

Cheers,

Ole

The wait will be worth it! The most incredible lego I've ever seen. I can't stop tweaking it. (8 days 35 hours). 

m06vtgF.jpg

TAWqFde.jpg

za5zki3.jpg

Edited by ds760

So has there been another batch released since the 14th that I’ve missed, or are we all still waiting on round 2?

49 minutes ago, Godzilla73 said:

So has there been another batch released since the 14th that I’ve missed, or are we all still waiting on round 2?

There has been a couple shipments into my local shop, a few at a time

My local shop had 20 on the 14th then 5 the following week and 8 this past week and now thats it they say. They are doing the waiting lists. Looks like Lego is doing the wait list to see what the demand will be and how many they need to make for round 2 novermberish

Edited by ds760

13 hours ago, Markalus said:

Does anyone know when TLG will send out the black VIP cards? There was no mention of it when I received my package. It seems they are flying by the seat of their pants here and the whole VIP card thing may have been given low priority. 

I'm going to answer my own question if anybody else cares. Lego have issued a press release stating that it will be mailed to all existing and new VIP members (in any country) who purchase the MF during the VIP period (now extended till November) or whilst stocks last. It will be mailed, is not available in store, and allow up to 6 weeks for delivery after purchase. 

My falcon was dispatched on the 18th of September and I still haven’t received any tracking updates. Tried contacting lego and they said it’s still in the time frame of 9-18 business days for delivery. Just seems weird they haven’t even told me it’s arrived in the country. 

11 hours ago, mgoblue1997 said:

Hey Billiybob,

Where did you get your info from? When I called my store to reserve, the store clerk read me the email sent out to all the stores that stated the same thing that joeshmoe's girlfriend said. Hold 24 hours, 3 chances. I could see where stores can't follow the email, but if the stores are following the above guideline, then that is more than fair and very much appreciated. Especially since the site can't hold them at all when notifying by email.

Well let's just say I have a buddy that works for LEGO ;)

If that is the case I'll ask him again about it and let you guys know

11 hours ago, cehnot said:

Bricklink now has all the parts listed on their site. I don't know how or why one particular seller chose to do it, but I got most the rare parts for $0.05 a piece. 

"*Batch #1 (submitted Oct 1, 2017 15:45)
[New] Black Container, Bucket 1 x 1 x 1 Handle / Scooter Stand   (x2) ..... US $0.27 each = US $0.54
[New] Black Dish 4 x 4 Inverted (Radar) with Dejarik Table Pattern  (x1) ..... US $0.05 each = US $0.05
[New] Black Minifig, Weapon Gun, Blaster Short (SW)  (x1) ..... US $0.39 each = US $0.39
[New] Black Minifig, Weapon Gun, Blaster Small (SW)  (x2) ..... US $0.24 each = US $0.48
[New] Black Tile, Modified 2 x 2 with Studs on Edge  (x1) ..... US $0.37 each = US $0.37
[New] Light Bluish Gray Cone Half 10 x 5 x 6  (x1) ..... US $0.05 each = US $0.05
[New] Light Bluish Gray Tile, Modified 2 x 2 Corner with Cut Corner - Facet  (x10) ..... US $0.40 each = US $4.00
[New] Light Bluish Gray Tile, Modified 2 x 2 Inverted  (x10) ..... US $0.36 each = US $3.60
[New] Light Bluish Gray Tile, Round 2 x 2 with Bottom Stud Holder with Grille Fine Mesh Pattern  (x3) ..... US $0.56 each = US $1.68
[New] Trans-Clear Cone Half 10 x 5 x 6 with SW Millennium Falcon Cockpit Pattern  (x1) ..... US $0.05 each = US $0.05
[New] Trans-Clear Dish 6 x 6 Inverted - No Studs with Handle with SW Millennium Falcon Cannon Window Pattern  (x2) ..... US $0.05 each = US $0.10
[New] Trans-Clear Dish 6 x 6 Inverted (Radar) - Solid Studs with Radial Millennium Falcon Cockpit Pattern (x1) ..... US $0.05 each = US $0.05"

I got the 4 stud dajarik table, both transparent clear dishes, the 6 stud front cockpit, and both cone parts to complete the cockpit. I wish I could have snagged the radar dish. If this seller goes through with the purchase I have saved myself $800 for these parts. I have debated on purchasing the new set for the parts, rather than building this version. I plan on doing my own falcon with interior, but this purchase was an incredible steal I just could not pass up. I hope the LEGO store has this set in the next few months because I want to heavily modify the set, but if they don't become easy to find, I may use the LEGO instructions and work on it from there. 

Wow, just checking now there are three of the cockpit radar dishes available for £40 to £70.....so I hope that comes through for you.

I just returned from Viena Lego store, so i can give a quick info:

Was there from 6:30 (store opens at 9:00), there were already 3 guys sitting at the door, we spent 2.5h chatting together so the time passed quickly. there was another guy from Austria and then a mother with a small child waiting in the line about 2h before opening, then nothing until 8:00 when the line started to grow to about 15-20 people and then just before opening there was about 30 people. Store manager told us there are 15 Falcons available. So my 2h driving to the store and 2.5h waiting in the line + 2h driving back home paid off - i have the Falcon for my Birthday (and Namesday and Christmas .... :) )

11 hours ago, Markalus said:

I'm going to answer my own question if anybody else cares. Lego have issued a press release stating that it will be mailed to all existing and new VIP members (in any country) who purchase the MF during the VIP period (now extended till November) or whilst stocks last. It will be mailed, is not available in store, and allow up to 6 weeks for delivery after purchase. 

I really hope they do send it out to all countries. I never got a proper VIP card when I signed up.

9 hours ago, BucketWheelExcavator said:

My falcon was dispatched on the 18th of September and I still haven’t received any tracking updates. Tried contacting lego and they said it’s still in the time frame of 9-18 business days for delivery. Just seems weird they haven’t even told me it’s arrived in the country. 

Yeah, as discussed a few pages back shipping LEGO into Australia is a nightmare because of how long the tracking stays on "arrived at terminal location" or "processing" depending on what website you look at. If it's any consolation, mine shipped the 15th and I still haven't gotten it. (One page says estimated delivery tomorrow, another says Wednesday. Knowing AusPost it'll be Friday :hmpf_bad:)

8 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I really hope they do send it out to all countries. I never got a proper VIP card when I signed up.

Me neither. But it did say that you will receive one regardless of whether you have a physical card or not as it will be linked to your current VIP number. 

I'm confused how this waiting list works... I clicked in the email I received to show I was interested but it didn't state anything about a waiting list... I phoned up Leicester Square store and the guy said other than the email I mentioned, they don't know anything about a waiting list and they're out of stock and will be for a while...

I'd like to get the black vip card so want to get one before November, but I'd like to pick one up at the store rather than order one... However.... I'll only be back in the uk on the 20th October, so a short time window...

Would I be better off just ordering one online?

*edit

Ugh... Can't even place a backorder order... 

Edited by Fuppylodders

2 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

"Goood, goooood...I can feel your anger."

Sorry, had to. :p

3 hours ago, Cyanide-Tipped said:

"Goood, goooood...I can feel your anger."

Sorry, had to. :p

Strangely I instantly read it in his voice the moment I saw that :laugh:

Also, not just in the uk for the 20th Oct only... But from the 20th... Either way I think I'll end up missing out on the vip card :hmpf_bad:

22 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Yeah, as discussed a few pages back shipping LEGO into Australia is a nightmare because of how long the tracking stays on "arrived at terminal location" or "processing" depending on what website you look at. If it's any consolation, mine shipped the 15th and I still haven't gotten it. (One page says estimated delivery tomorrow, another says Wednesday. Knowing AusPost it'll be Friday :hmpf_bad:)

At least yours is almost here. Ordered half an hour after it was released and still on backorder.

1 hour ago, Koston82 said:

At least yours is almost here. Ordered half an hour after it was released and still on backorder.

Same here :angry:

22 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I'm confused how this waiting list works... I clicked in the email I received to show I was interested but it didn't state anything about a waiting list... I phoned up Leicester Square store and the guy said other than the email I mentioned, they don't know anything about a waiting list and they're out of stock and will be for a while...

I'd like to get the black vip card so want to get one before November, but I'd like to pick one up at the store rather than order one... However.... I'll only be back in the uk on the 20th October, so a short time window...

Would I be better off just ordering one online?

*edit

I highly recommend that you get one online rather than at the store because most LEGO stores will have falcons available next year. Unless you plan on consistently calling and going to the LEGO store just to check don't waste your energy on going to the store. Besides when the second wave comes the LEGO website will have it available first, not the stores. 

Oh btw, all LEGO stores should have a waiting list that you can sign up for. The guy you talked to either wrong or didn't want you to sign up. The only thing he said that was right was the falcon will be out of stock for a while (meaning next year most likely)

Australia Post finally decided to deliver my Falcon! They left it on my porch which I'm very I'm happy about, their website said signature was required and the label on the box has "signature is always required" written in big letters. Got started ASAP, got to the end of bag three after 3 and a half hours. I keep telling myself I'm going too fast but then I remember I have 14 bags to go.

Regarding the Minifigures of the Set: 

I have been looking them up on Bricklink and it seems that Leia is actually a completely new Minifigure (apart from her hairpiece perhaps), even her standard face is new with a very slight smile. 

Both of Hans faces seem to be completely new as well, the print of his brown pants seem slighty updated compared to the last brown pants, not sure about his chest piece (maybe very small differences), which would make him technically new as well (apart from the hair piece).

Maybe Lego deliberately left this Leia in her Hoth Clothes out of the "Assault on Hoth" UCS Set, so she could be an exlusive for the Falcon instead.