-Steering wheels

-Lifted third axle

-Working saddle with lock

-Full suspension

-Tilted cabin

-Fake V6 engine

-Suspended seats

20170825_122331.jpg

A truck has a lifted and driven third axle. It's not a typical solution becaouse a most of trucks have a lifted and steered axle or lifted axle with twin wheels but without drive. A only real truck which has a this system is a newest Volvo FH with lifted chassis. For propel a mechanisms serwing a 2 M motors. One for lifting a axle and one for operating a clutch.

kola.jpg

Principle of operation of the saddle is very simple. everything is based on a tooth rack to is attached a lock.

siodlo.jpg

To drive a truck serve a Xl motor witch 1.19:1 ratio. For steering a wheels serve a ServoMotor. A truck has a full suspension with a leaf springs at front axle.

20170825_164533.jpg

Under the tilting cabin is a fake V6 engine, and in interior are suspended seats. For suspending a seats serves a Lego's rubbers.

BatteryBox and IR receivers are mounted behind the seats.

20170825_123429.jpg

In apperance and dimensions I was inspierd by Renault Magnum. 

Generaly I'm very satisfied with the effect. A truck drives good and all functions workin well.

I'm waiting for your comments :)

FULL GALLERY: https://www.flickr.com/photos/124730997@N05/albums/72157685238086861

20170825_122226.jpg

20170825_122456.jpg

20170825_122658.jpg

Very nice truck, looks like one of those renault trucks (I can never remember the model). Those suspended seats are very clever.

H

34 minutes ago, Horace T said:

Very nice truck, looks like one of those renault trucks (I can never remember the model). Those suspended seats are very clever.

H

Indeed looks like you were inspired by Renault Magnum. Very nice model :thumbup:

Very nice truck, I like the colour scheme too. Only thing I don't like is the dash, it's to bulky.

21 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

This truck looks great, and the inclusion of all the functions is awesome! :thumbup: It drives pretty well too, even though your ground clearance is about 0.

A small clearance is only on third axle becaouse I had put a lifting mechanism and suspension

there are some interesting ideas, for the frame construction and axles..

Just having a play with LDD you could try something like this for your rear axle puts the suspension inside your frame

rails and also raises your ground clearance and reinforces the rear drive system.

threeaxle.lxf.png

Scale Magnum? Nice! When I was a child and saw this tractor truck alive I was endless fascinating!

Good job!

9 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

there are some interesting ideas, for the frame construction and axles..

Just having a play with LDD you could try something like this for your rear axle puts the suspension inside your frame

rails and also raises your ground clearance and reinforces the rear drive system.

That looks interesting :thumbup: