Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

50 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh my god

So, the rumored Quidditch lesson set is one of them?

Maybe this was meant to be a summer 2019 wave but they pushed it up due to the theme doing extremely well. 

No. There is no rumored "Quidditch Lesson" set. A very inattentive person must have posted a screenshot of a listing for a 2002 Quidditch set on Instagram, and apparently, at least a few people were fooled by it.

Edited by Azani

5 minutes ago, tanner93 said:

How are you guys displaying your 71043 Hogwarts castle? I just finished mine and have no idea where to put it.

I’ve got a long, thin table in my living room that sits in front of a window. I put my castle on there. The boathouse hangs over the couch a little but the castle pretty much fits. 

J

My friends brother works for Lego and he told me that Lego is planning on releasing a hagrids hut, he had this to say ‘the build includes the two hut builds, a pumpkin patch side build including a new printed and moulded buckbeak, a new hagrid variant, reflecting his prisoner of Azkaban costume, Harry in prisoner of Azkaban casual clothes, Hermione in prisoner of Azkaban clothes with printed time turner on torso and a 1x1 round tile with printed time turner, as well as a Ron Weasley in prisoner of Azkaban casual clothes and a Draco Malfoy with a torso near identical to Ron’s CMF torso except in slytherin style and appears to use professor flitwicks hair in a yellow/blonde/tan colour’

Edited by Legoniche

16 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

My friends brother works for Lego and he told me that Lego is planning on releasing a hagrids hut, he had this to say ‘the build includes the two hut builds, a pumpkin patch side build including a new printed and moulded buckbeak, a new hagrid variant, reflecting his prisoner of Azkaban costume, Harry in prisoner of Azkaban casual clothes, Hermione in prisoner of Azkaban clothes with printed time turner on torso and a 1x1 round tile with printed time turner, as well as a Ron Weasley in prisoner of Azkaban casual clothes and a Draco Malfoy with a torso near identical to Ron’s CMF torso except in slytherin style and appears to use professor flitwicks hair in a yellow/blonde/tan colour’

If this is real I wish they included the executioner or Cornelius Fudge. 

But this sounds awesome nontheless!

Edited by topiku

29 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

J

tumblr_nnkgi3vzp51tib9s5o1_1280.jpg

12 minutes ago, topiku said:

If this is real I wish they included the executioner

This was never going to happen. Too dark.

Edited by BrickJagger

10 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

This was never going to happen. Too dark.

Yeah you‘re right

I really hope that Hagrid’s Hut is true because it sounds perfect. I know it wouldn’t come with Macnair because it’s too dark but I would hope we would get Fudge. But even without him it sounds like a great set and I really really want a new Buckbeak. Still taking it with a grain of salt though

1 hour ago, tanner93 said:

How are you guys displaying your 71043 Hogwarts castle? I just finished mine and have no idea where to put it.

I bought a large sideboard to put it on.

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

How come Macnair is "too dark" but Voldemort or Bellatrix are ok?

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Legoniche said:

J

You know it’s fake when they start my *insert family or friend* works at *insert company*. 

24 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

He’s too dark for Lego as an executioner in a set with Buckbeak. Not just the character himself. Although I suppose Lego ha spit darker things in their sets. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to have him included 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

On 8/25/2018 at 8:48 AM, BacktoBricks said:

Got one head off by using pliers. Don't think it damaged the head, but is did pull some of the white paint off the strip on the pole on top of the torso confirming that it was too tight.

Ended up having mine above a radiator but need a slightly opened window - so the temperature fluctuated a bit for a day. I think it worked in loosening it. Was still tight, but managed to move the head and seemed to have less resistance than previous attempts.

2 hours ago, tanner93 said:

I can just about fit both on my desk to display, though you may be best keeping them segmented

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Implying potential violence against animals is more iffy for Lego to include. Remember the 'Everything is not awesome' video by Greenpeace? While they could easily include an axe in the set and imply it's for chopping pumpkins, including an executioner and implying he is going to cut off the head of a bird/horse-like creature might not sit well with people nowadays.
latest?cb=20110528030006
I dont think the figure is that worthwhile regardless, would turn out similar to above. Instead might be better to have him as a 'Death Eater' in a set for the fourth, fifth or seventh film. The character also played little role in the third film, just sort of being there to look creepy and remind the characters that he was going to kill Buckbeak. He did not have much interaction directly with the main cast - so he would not really add too much to playability or story options.

Could work as a seperate figure in a CMF line though - e.g Black legs, dual molded arms, hood and a dual molded face (one side normal, the other with a Death Eater mask) with his wand and an axe

Edited by Scarilian

That Hagrid's Hut wishful thinking description sounds like great wishful thinking! I too would love to get all of those things!

It really lost me at Hermione with a printed Time Turner on her torso and a Time Turner piece. Good stuff.

14 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

It really lost me at Hermione with a printed Time Turner on her torso and a Time Turner piece. Good stuff.

Not saying that the "friend's brother who works at Lego" is a reliable source, but it wouldn't be the first time. 76108 includes Doctor Strange with the Time Stone printed on his torso and also includes the Time Stone as it's own piece.

Great news wasn't expecting another wave so quickly! Was expecting summer at the earliest. 

3 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I hope for Hagrid's Hut, Myrtle's bathroom, Diagon Alley, Gryffindor Common Room and something else nice.

Please no FB or GoF (unless it's the Yule Ball) sets. 

I think you are close to the sets we get but I don't see a Common Room. We already got i it n Whomping Willow. But I do see a Knight Bus because Lego love their vehicles. Two Chamber sets (Add DADA office to Myrtle's bathroom), Two Akzaban sets, the rest FB. Why don't you want GOF sets? Yeah Yule Ball would be cool but The Graveyard Duel is screaming for a remake as well. 

14 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Not saying that the "friend's brother who works at Lego" is a reliable source, but it wouldn't be the first time. 76108 includes Doctor Strange with the Time Stone printed on his torso and also includes the Time Stone as it's own piece.

I'd say that's considerably different - the accessory piece there is a collectible for use with Thanos. It would be more like if the original Sanctum Santorum set had come with Doctor Strange with the print on his torso and a 1x1 round with the Eye of Aggamoto printed on it. Could it happen? Yes. But, it sounds very fishy.

4 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I hope for Hagrid's Hut, Myrtle's bathroom, Diagon Alley, Gryffindor Common Room and something else nice.

You really don’t want a new Hungarian Horntail?

I really doubt we get 5 Harry Potter sets. I’m guessing 3, 4 at most. With fantastic beast releasing late November, I would imagine a set or two relate to that. 

57 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

That Hagrid's Hut wishful thinking description sounds like great wishful thinking! I too would love to get all of those things!

Yeah that’s what threw me off as well. I hope the set is true. But that detail makes me think otherwise

7 hours ago, Legoniche said:

J

Yeah... "my friends brother" sounds too close to the classic "my friends dad", so I'm with @BrickJagger on this one.

Don't get me wrong I would love this, but c'mon.

That's the oldest trick in the book, nice one :laugh: "My uncle who works at company X, who also happens to be a Nigerian prince..." :laugh_hard:

A hagrid's hut set is quite likely, this "description" however significantly less so :wink:

46 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That's the oldest trick in the book, nice one :laugh: "My uncle who works at company X, who also happens to be a Nigerian prince..." :laugh_hard:

A hagrid's hut set is quite likely, this "description" however significantly less so :wink:

No one is a Nigerian prince ?, but I’m just saying that’s what I’ve been told

anyway I know a lot of you don’t like the goblet of fire, but would it not be awesome to have a brickbuilt or new moulded Hungarian horntail with a segment of hogwarts or even a justice league battle of Atlantis type set for ‘rescue from th murpeople set or perhaps the stands, idk I know I would love it 

8 hours ago, Legoniche said:

J

That seems quite realistic to me

15 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

No one is a Nigerian prince ?, but I’m just saying that’s what I’ve been told

anyway I know a lot of you don’t like the goblet of fire, but would it not be awesome to have a brickbuilt or new moulded Hungarian horntail with a segment of hogwarts or even a justice league battle of Atlantis type set for ‘rescue from th murpeople set or perhaps the stands, idk I know I would love it 

So what you said it's fake?

9 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I’m gonna say it’s likely theyll be FB Sets, probably just too spoilery to be released now. Think Credence and Dumbledore, they have yet to be in sets.

as for HP, unlikely we’ll see a common room, considering it’s in the Whomping Willow Set. Right now I’d say the most likely sets are Hagrid’s Hut and the Knight Bus. But this thread is no place for wishlists.