Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Legocollinfreak said:

Yes, I know the castle changes but there is a whole big section they photoshopped out. To the right, there should a long building with two towers. They later became the bell towers. 

Again it’s just cropped out and blurred out with the blue background. If you try to zoom in on the picture you can see it slowly dissapearing.

The photo of Hogwarts hasn’t been photoshopped by Lego, but by the branding team of Harry Potter itself.

i work at Primark in the UK (a clothes shop) and we have a lot of official Harry Potter themed merchandise and clothes, and the displays we use on the shop floor to promote the items is the same image as is now being used by Lego. I was taking this image as evidence for what type of D2C we will be getting, but after realising this, I would say that Lego is just following the new franchise imagery set out by WB

5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

The photo of Hogwarts hasn’t been photoshopped by Lego, but by the branding team of Harry Potter itself.

i work at Primark in the UK (a clothes shop) and we have a lot of official Harry Potter themed merchandise and clothes, and the displays we use on the shop floor to promote the items is the same image as is now being used by Lego. I was taking this image as evidence for what type of D2C we will be getting, but after realising this, I would say that Lego is just following the new franchise imagery set out by WB

You maybe right but Lego must build something which looks like this picture. The Great Hall of Lego looks like the Great Hall of the picture! And TLC must respect a lot of standard as the fact that they must respect the architectural of the castle. So I think, the D2C will look like almost this picture.

This is a Hogwarts pic I found on google from when they first see it: Image result for first view of hogwarts          Compare this to the lego one.

Edited by hotdogs11

39 minutes ago, hotdogs11 said:

This is a Hogwarts pic I found on google from when they first see it: Image result for first view of hogwarts          Compare this to the lego one.

This picture's Great Hall looks more like the one on the set than the picture on the website TBH.

Just now, HarryPotter said:

This picture's Great Hall looks more like the one on the set than the picture on the website TBH.

Idk. Maybe that's something else that lego modified. I got this from when they first see Hogwarts.

Looking at all these pictures (as well as other photos from later movies), the thing that jumps out at me is that if you remove the Great Hall and the adjoining tower, what you're left with doesn't look much like Hogwarts at all... it just looks like a generic castle. I think this is the strongest argument to be made that a UCS-style Hogwarts would include the Great Hall — either a duplicate of the standalone set or a different/larger version. 

6 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Looking at all these pictures (as well as other photos from later movies), the thing that jumps out at me is that if you remove the Great Hall and the adjoining tower, what you're left with doesn't look much like Hogwarts at all... it just looks like a generic castle. I think this is the strongest argument to be made that a UCS-style Hogwarts would include the Great Hall — either a duplicate of the standalone set or a different/larger version. 

Indeed, the Great Hall and the main tower are the most iconic parts of Hogwarts.

48 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Indeed, the Great Hall and the main tower are the most iconic parts of Hogwarts.

Strange the astronomy tower isn't that iconic seeing what happened there.

17 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

That's what I thought although I a little concerned about the size of the main tower compared to the rest of the castle

On that picture it looks like GH and the tower are almost half of the size of Hogwarts, that is only because the picture is taken from that angle..

Take a look at this map:

https://goo.gl/images/HyKqnb

The rest of the castle is 5-6 times bigger..

16 hours ago, Terrasher said:

So am I. What I fear is going to happen is that TLG will just release the rest of the castle so that it connects to the great hall and the large tower. This would be a let down because then the whole castle will be in the same style as the Great Hall set, which IMO is nowhere near Disney Castle quality.

Where is it lacking in quality compared to Disney? The GH is only 100$, the Disney is 350$, but the d2c will be 500$..

I think people have to high expectations to what you get from a 500$ Lego set when it is a model of something as huge as Hogwarts!

If we get a d2c in the same style as GH only 5 times bigger with the possibility to connect it to the GH, WW and other future sets, I for one would be very happy :sweet:

4 hours ago, hotdogs11 said:

Strange the astronomy tower isn't that iconic seeing what happened there.

I think the thing there was, the Astronomy Tower wasn't actually introduced until the 5th movie, and then nothing actually happened on it until the end of the 6th. That said though I really Astronomy Tower is included in the set. 

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I think the thing there was, the Astronomy Tower wasn't actually introduced until the 5th movie, and then nothing actually happened on it until the end of the 6th. That said though I really Astronomy Tower is included in the set. 

Wrong. Harry and Hermione used the astronomy Tower in the first book in the aim for giving Norbert the Dragon of Hagrid at Charlie Weasley's friends.

8 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Absolutely agreed.

4 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Wrong. Harry and Hermione used the astronomy Tower in the first book in the aim for giving Norbert the Dragon of Hagrid at Charlie Weasley's friends.

They're talking about the movies, the Astronomy Tower only debuted on HBP.

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Where is it lacking in quality compared to Disney? The GH is only 100$, the Disney is 350$, but the d2c will be 500$..

I think people have to high expectations to what you get from a 500$ Lego set when it is a model of something as huge as Hogwarts!

If we get a d2c in the same style as GH only 5 times bigger with the possibility to connect it to the GH, WW and other future sets, I for one would be very happy :sweet:

I just struggle to imagine how they could make Hogwarts, without redoing the GH (but larger and more accurate), and it costing 500$. I honestly hope those 500$ all go towards the castle itself, and not other, small structures surrounding it a la Assault on Hoth.

The GH represents about a 1/3 of the castle. If the other two thirds of the castle cost 500$, then they would probably end up being overscaled and overdetailed compared to the GH.

Whereas if TLG remakes the GH in a larger and more accurate way, so that the rest of the castle can also be done at Disney Castle quality, I can see the set costing 500$.

I just think it's very unlikely that TLG releases the GH we have already seen, as well as a larger GH that's included in the 500$ set. That's why I wonder how TLG is going to (allegedly) release a 500$ Hogwarts that doesn't include 1/3 of the castle. :sceptic:

10 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

I honestly hope those 500$ all go towards the castle itself, and not other, small structures surrounding it a la Assault on Hoth.

I do not think there is a big chance for a AOH type of set, they need every brick for the main castle :wink: Hagrid's hut etc will be separate sets in future waves, I am not even sure they will include elements like the greenhouses..

21 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

The GH represents about a 1/3 of the castle

I am not sure how accurate this map is, but it is noting near 1/3 in that at least:

https://goo.gl/images/HyKqnb

Hogwarts is also different in every film, the GH has only been in half of the earlier Lego Hogwarts as well. I think Lego will take parts of the castle from different movies that will fit nicely together and make a fantastic model, no way they can include everything even in a 500$ d2c :classic:

1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

They're talking about the movies, the Astronomy Tower only debuted on HBP.

Why did they have to change so much?

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

I just struggle to imagine how they could make Hogwarts, without redoing the GH (but larger and more accurate), and it costing 500$. I honestly hope those 500$ all go towards the castle itself, and not other, small structures surrounding it a la Assault on Hoth.

The GH represents about a 1/3 of the castle. If the other two thirds of the castle cost 500$, then they would probably end up being overscaled and overdetailed compared to the GH.

Whereas if TLG remakes the GH in a larger and more accurate way, so that the rest of the castle can also be done at Disney Castle quality, I can see the set costing 500$.

I just think it's very unlikely that TLG releases the GH we have already seen, as well as a larger GH that's included in the 500$ set. That's why I wonder how TLG is going to (allegedly) release a 500$ Hogwarts that doesn't include 1/3 of the castle. :sceptic:

Imagine about the futur wave of Hp in 2019... If Lego build all the Hogwart in the first wave, It might be built the Hagrid hutt with buck, the hogwarts train, the burrow, for the wave 3nd and 4 year + the 3 task on set. For the wave 5-6: the ministry on set, the house of Blacks, the dursley house...

So why not with the D2C build the other part of the castle?

11 hours ago, Kez said:

These look as if they'll be covering both old and new Potter sets, however, I wonder if the cover of the poster collection eludes to a possible Hogwarts Express in the upcoming wave

Edited by Peppermint_M
Do not quote pictures when your reply is on the same page.

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

These look as if they'll be covering both old and new Potter sets, however, I wonder if the cover of the poster collection eludes to a possible Hogwarts Express in the upcoming wave

The cover for the book is preliminary; however here are the descriptions :-D...

LEGO® HARRY POTTER™ 
POSTER COLLECTION

http://www.ameet.eu/book/lego-harry-potter-poster-collection/

A comprehensive compilation of posters featuring the most popular scenes, characters, and locations from the LEGO® Harry Potter™ world, all bound together in an enclosed envelope.

A great gift title for LEGO and Wizarding World™* fans 16 posters created in a variety of art styles. Editorial on the back of every poster.

LEGO® HARRY POTTER™ 
STICKER SCENES

http://www.ameet.eu/book/lego-harry-potter-sticker-scenes/

Book contains:

• Reusable stickers that encourage creative play and storytelling
  • LEGO® humour
  • Popular scenes from the magical world of LEGO® Harry Potter™

3 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Eh I doubt it, it's just a recreation of this PS poster.

Resultado de imagem para philosopher stone poster