Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If you look at earlier waves this is what we likely can expect, but you have forgotten to bring FB into the equation :wink:

What about a D2C Newt's case :tongue:

That would be pretty cool...have it open on click hinges, on 2 16x16 plates. It could have a few little areas with some creatures. 

6 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I'd love to see an updated Chamber of Secrets set. And if they designed like the Rancor Pit, it could fit underneath a Hogwarts Set.

That would be amazing, with a new mould for the Basilisk. I'm thinking on something as big as a the JW Indominus Rex

It can even include a section of the bathroom with the secret entrance to the Chamber 

The minifigures could be Harry, Ron, Tom Riddle, Ginny, Moaning Myrtle and Gilderoy Lockhart

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I could see them doing it like the doctor strange set. Have one end be where the snake comes out and the other end be the entrance 

Nah, they wouldn't do it like that. If they were to do it, it would either be molded like the Indomious Rex, or brick-built like they do with the big Ninjago snakes. That set would have a lot of potential!!

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Nah, they wouldn't do it like that. If they were to do it, it would either be molded like the Indomious Rex, or brick-built like they do with the big Ninjago snakes. That set would have a lot of potential!!

The snake of course wouldn't be made like the doctor strange set. I was talking about like the actual set. Like the chamber of secrets being built with an entrance and a place for the snake to come out in a similar style to the doctor strange set

Edited by Falconfan1414

Also with this theme being tied with infinity war sons of garmadon and incredibles 2 for my most wanted sets of the year. Here is a list of all the sets Lego made in the past. I mean why reinvent the wheel. Personally I would be happy if they just re-released all of these (Sorry if there is spelling mistakes)

1. Sorting Hat
  2. Quirrel vs Harry Potter
  3. The room of the winged key
  4. Snapes class
  5. Forbidden Corridor
  6. Hagrids hut
  7. Hog warts express
  8. Hog warts castle
  9. Malfoy vs harry flying lesson 
  10. Troll battle
  11. Gringotts 
  12. Privet drive  
  13. Dumbledores office
  14. Chamber of secrets
  15. Dobbys release 
  16. The dueling club
  17. Quidditch match
  18. Draco and buckbeak
  19. Harry and maruders map 
  20. Lupins class room 
  21. Sirius Blacks escape
  22. Knight bus
  23. Shrieking Shack 
  24. Rescue from the merpeople 
  25. Graveyard duel
  26. Harry and the Hungarian horntail
  27. Durmstrang ship
  28. The burrows 
  29. Forbidden forest 
  30. Diagon ally 
  31. Knockturn ally
  32. Gryffindor house
  33. Dark forest 
  34. Slytherin house

I want a brick built Hungarian Horntail and Basalisk 

id also absolutely love a D2C Hogwarts Express/ Platform 9 3/4, Emerald Night standard of train with Renee and multiple carriages!

What I hope is that they give a lot of variety to the mini figures. For example, don't put Harry in EVERY SINGLE set and give room for some other cool characters. Also, if characters like Harry, Ron, and Hermione do appear in multiple sets, give them some variety, rather than the same old Gryffindor uniforms. It would be awesome if they made them look different based off of the movie, just like they do with Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars sets, like changing up the hair or something.

3 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

The main thing I think 90% of AFOLs want from this: Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw torso's!

Oh, amen to that! I forgot that none were ever made, that's insane to me. Also, how cool would it be if a minifigure scarf mold was made in various house colours? That would be a nice mold to have and reusable outside of the theme.

If the rumours and indications toward a CMF series are revealed to be true, that might be a place where Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw things could appear.

24 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

What I hope is that they give a lot of variety to the mini figures. For example, don't put Harry in EVERY SINGLE set and give room for some other cool characters. Also, if characters like Harry, Ron, and Hermione do appear in multiple sets, give them some variety, rather than the same old Gryffindor uniforms. It would be awesome if they made them look different based off of the movie, just like they do with Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars sets, like changing up the hair or something.

I think Harry will always be in every Harry Potter set. You can't really have one without him; he's the title character, and every scene (at least in the books) is seen from his perspective or he is involved in some way. There are very few scenes to my memory (please correct me if I'm wrong, my memory is awful) where Harry is not there. To exclude him would be like having an Indiana Jones set without the title character; it's just a bit weird and would probably disappoint kids. I do agree with having variations between sets though. I used to always have a problem with how Harry's minifig retained the shaggy, somewhat long-haired piece originally used for him even for sets based on the later movies, where his haircut was much shorter. There are also plenty of outfit variations that could be made with muggle clothes, quidditch uniforms, the Triwizard costumes - all of which we've seen before, but which would be nice to have updated. 

If there are Fantastic Beasts offerings, which I would certainly bet there will be, then your wish for sets not including those characters would be fulfilled. I can see this being a half-and-half Wizarding World release; you have a handful of sets based on Fantastic Beasts 2, and some classic Harry Potter ones also to back those up. Just my guess!

Edited by AnnaBuildsLego

37 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

I think Harry will always be in every Harry Potter set. You can't really have one without him; he's the title character, and every scene (at least in the books) is seen from his perspective or he is involved in some way. There are very few scenes to my memory (please correct me if I'm wrong, my memory is awful) where Harry is not there. To exclude him would be like having an Indiana Jones set without the title character; it's just a bit weird and would probably disappoint kids. I do agree with having variations between sets though. I used to always have a problem with how Harry's minifig retained the shaggy, somewhat long-haired piece originally used for him even for sets based on the later movies, where his haircut was much shorter. There are also plenty of outfit variations that could be made with muggle clothes, quidditch uniforms, the Triwizard costumes - all of which we've seen before, but which would be nice to have updated. 

If there are Fantastic Beasts offerings, which I would certainly bet there will be, then your wish for sets not including those characters would be fulfilled. I can see this being a half-and-half Wizarding World release; you have a handful of sets based on Fantastic Beasts 2, and some classic Harry Potter ones also to back those up. Just my guess!

I know exactly what you mean! But, I think if for example, Harry wasn't in a set but we got Hermione and Ron instead, that would totally make up for it. Harry should be in the majority of the sets, but with a variety to his look, like you said in different outfits!

I would love to see a Hogwarts Clock Tower, it is one of my favorite castle buildings and since 2004 we have not seen a remake

Edited by ETELENZOS92

I think they could pull off a HP/FB LEGO wave like they did with the middle earth sets with a Lord Of The Rings wave in summer followed by a Hobbit wave for the new film in autumn/winter.

I would expect the theme to be handled much like TLG did in 2010/2011, 6 initially and 3ish to follow up. If it's coming in 2018 it will certainly have Fantastic Beasts 2 sets, perhaps 2/3 of the 1st wave FB with the rest HP. 

On 9/6/2017 at 7:32 PM, Omega 8 said:

I would expect the theme to be handled much like TLG did in 2010/2011, 6 initially and 3ish to follow up. If it's coming in 2018 it will certainly have Fantastic Beasts 2 sets, perhaps 2/3 of the 1st wave FB with the rest HP. 

If they give us a wave every year, (cross the fingers) maybe they give us most FB sets the years we get a new film and more HP sets the years we do not :wink:

7 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

I'd like a new mold for the phoenix or a recolored version, maybe an occasion for reusing the Ron's rat and a new basilic :tongue:

I do not expect any new big moulds like the basilisk from HP in the first wave (maybe in the D2C), think they will use the big mould quota in the FB sets :classic:

Smaller ones like Ron's rat, Hermine's cat, Hagrid's dog and owls will we at least see some of :sweet:

Phoenix could show up if we get a Dumbledore's office set, or else in one of hopefully many waves to come :grin:

Leveraging both the FB franchise films and the WW of HP branding to have a several year spanning theme would truly be exactly what many of us here would love to hear. I think HP is my favorite theme of all time, there is just something special about the architecture environments and scenery that lends itself to LEGO. I've never purchased a HP toy other than LEGO. It's perfect synergy. 

Along with the coinsidement of the Fantastic Beasts sequel, I wonder if Lego is rebooting this theme based upon the hypothetical possibility that the franchise and its titular character will be making a more prevalent presence in The Lego Movie 2. After the appearances of Dumbledore in the first movie and Voldemort in TLBM, perhaps Harry himself will now be appearing in the sequel. :shrug_confused:

I'm just holding out hope that Lego decides to go all out with the set designs. With the 2010/11 reboot, something about the sets just felt so...bland and dull (Diagon Alley being the exception). If you look back at some of the earlier sets with Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets, there were so many sets that had their own uniqueness in design and color and with all the advancements Lego has made since then, they could really outdo themselves this time.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

8 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I'm just holding out hope that Lego decides to go all out with the set designs. With the 2010/11 reboot, something about the sets just felt so...bland and dull. If you look back at some of the earlier sets with Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets, there were so many sets that had their own uniqueness in design and color and with all the advancements Lego has made since then, they could really outdo themselves this time.

I hope you're not including the 2011 Diagon Alley set in that; if more Lego sets were as beautiful as that, I'd be one happy AFOL. I agree, some of the sets seemed to just be a random collection of minifigures with a lacklustre build; the Forbidden Forest springs to mind (the big showdown between Harry and Voldemort, and we get... a tree with a technic beam sticking out the side of it), hopefully Lego will put a bit more effort into the new sets, especially since there are no more Harry Potter films to drive sales, and they need the sets to stand out to children on the toy shop shelves.

14 hours ago, Felkin said:

I hope you're not including the 2011 Diagon Alley set in that; if more Lego sets were as beautiful as that, I'd be one happy AFOL. I agree, some of the sets seemed to just be a random collection of minifigures with a lacklustre build; the Forbidden Forest springs to mind (the big showdown between Harry and Voldemort, and we get... a tree with a technic beam sticking out the side of it), hopefully Lego will put a bit more effort into the new sets, especially since there are no more Harry Potter films to drive sales, and they need the sets to stand out to children on the toy shop shelves.

Completely forgot to exclude Diagon Alley from that group, my bad.

On 9/16/2017 at 5:19 PM, MisterBatfleck said:

I'm just holding out hope that Lego decides to go all out with the set designs. With the 2010/11 reboot, something about the sets just felt so...bland and dull (Diagon Alley being the exception). If you look back at some of the earlier sets with Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets, there were so many sets that had their own uniqueness in design and color and with all the advancements Lego has made since then, they could really outdo themselves this time.

I thought that last bunch were great, The Forbidden Forest being the only exclusion. The Knight Bus, The Burrow, Hogwarts Express. The Castle & subsequent "Battle" addition. All great sets. Come to think of it, the Dobby's Release set was rather lackluster as well.

16 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I thought that last bunch were great, The Forbidden Forest being the only exclusion. The Knight Bus, The Burrow, Hogwarts Express. The Castle & subsequent "Battle" addition. All great sets. Come to think of it, the Dobby's Release set was rather lackluster as well.

Even The Forbidden Forest was pretty good: it was a cheap way to get Voldemort and Hagrid, plus Narcissa who was exclusive, and the build, while nothing exciting, wasn't awful.