Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

The RC Batmobile looks interesting, though I probably won't buy it.  The Brother Eye set looks okay, but I'll have to see finalized pictures of the Batman Beyond to decide if it's worth buying.  The Talon set seems to be the most interesting overall.  I was hoping for more Justice League members in the wave, but perhaps 2019 will bring more of those.

8 hours ago, ZoKpooL said:

But you wrong. Batman fought with Boomerang like numerous times. Even Digger originally send to Bell Reve because he transfered from Arkham after capture by Batman. 

Even in first appearance of Jason Todd as Red Hood from all Batman Villains in flashback about Jason days as Robin it was Boomerang. 

Ah ok, thats some pretty interesting history there. Google sucks at looking up comics, or at least i do, but I guess his inclusion isn't so baffling after all. I'm happy we got classic Boomerang, but I was trying to figure out why we got him over any other Batvillains, especially when he's far better known as a Flash rogue.

1 hour ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

we got him over any other Batvillains

Because Squad movie originally including scene what Batman captures Digger, not Flash (like as comics again - Digger is a Flash Rogue, but he presence is Squad it is Batman Fault), i'm think. 

1 hour ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

especially when he's far better known as a Flash rogue

He is like bridge between Flash and Batman rogues. 

The small summer set doesn’t look interesting at all, but Brother Eye is another story. Isn’t brother Eye from Injustice 2? Does it mean this set is remotely connected to Injustice universe? 

11 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

but Brother Eye is another story. Isn’t brother Eye from Injustice 2? Does it mean this set is remotely connected to Injustice universe? 

No. Brother Eye featured in 'main canon', cartoon series like Batman Brave and Bold, even Arrow show. It is just thing, what released in Lego because designers like him, i'm think. 

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

The small summer set doesn’t look interesting at all, but Brother Eye is another story. Isn’t brother Eye from Injustice 2? Does it mean this set is remotely connected to Injustice universe? 

He was in  Injustice 2, as well, but not originally.

10 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I wish we'd get Injustice sets.

Brother eye is in lots of different Batman universes and its what he uses to keep an eye on members of the Justice League. In Injustice brother eye was kind of an afterthought but in most universes when the league finds out Batman has brother eye they get mad at him for spying on them, batman gets mad at them for getting mad, brother eye gets hacked or becomes self aware, batman apologises.

What does the FPO on the brother eye and talon box mean?

Edited by Agent Kallus

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

What does the FPO on the brother eye and talon box mean?

Well I assume it’s an acronym, if so there’s alot it could stand for.

According to https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FPO there are over 36 possible meanings. Having a look through I feel like the most viable options are:

For Position Only (printing/desktop publishing)

For Print Only

Follow on Public Offer

Or Maybe

For-Profit Organization :grin:

Either way it’s definetly just a stand in at this stage, and will Probably be replaced with with a logo of Batman and the words DC Comics or Superheros or something like that. I’m 99% certain that FPO doesn’t mean anything important...

Spoiler

To us at least :wink:

Edited by Foxes Productionz

31 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Well I assume it’s an acronym, if so there’s alot it could stand for.

According to https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FPO there are over 36 possible meanings. Having a look through I feel like the most viable options are:

For Position Only (printing/desktop publishing)

For Print Only

Follow on Public Offer

Or Maybe

For-Profit Organization :grin:

Either way it’s definetly just a stand in at this stage, and will Probably be replaced with with a logo of Batman and the words DC Comics or Superheros or something like that. I’m 99% certain that FPO doesn’t mean anything important...

Reveal hidden contents

To us at least :wink:

Maybe the Batman image is getting an update to reflect the Batman New 52 / Rebirth lettering style, I mean its the one used on the RC Batmobile. 

I guess Superhero Girls was cancelled?  That's surprising to me considering there were three preliminary pictures.

2 hours ago, Elf Gal said:

I guess Superhero Girls was cancelled?  That's surprising to me considering there were three preliminary pictures.

There’s certainly been nothing more come to light.

They looked to be some of the best sets of the theme too. I myself wouldn’t have bought them since they don’t fit into my collection but its still a shame.

Maybe the Super Hero Girls sets will be summer releases. 

I saw somewhere that the RC Batmobile would be around $100, which I’m hoping isn’t true at all. 

I finally got and built all of the new DC sets. They’re amazing builds and the figures are awesome! The Power Bursts are really cool and I hope we see them in more colors (like red).

While I was initially disappointed with the App-Enabled Batmobile, it’s started to grow on me. However if it’s in the £100 price range I fear it’ll be the end of me

43 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I saw somewhere that the RC Batmobile would be around $100, which I’m hoping isn’t true at all.

I'm sure you'll appreciate the price tag a little more with the figures.

1 minute ago, Catanas said:

Um, are you saying that he wouldn't mind the price as much if the set had minifigures? Or, are you saying there ARE figures after all?

6 minutes ago, Catanas said:

I mean I know the figures will be great but damn is that price point scary

Edited by Duncan Young

Just now, Duncan Young said:

I mean I know the figures will be great but damn is that price point scaly- I mean scary

I haven't been paying much attention to this topic recently, so maybe I've missed something, but were figures confirmed for this set after all?

P.S. Is "scaly" hinting at, say, Killer Croc?

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think it is going to be 90-100 dollars 

17 minutes ago, Catanas said:

There are figures coming with it? I thought the leaked picture showed there were no figures coming with it 

2 hours ago, Catanas said:

There are figures? In the leaked box image there weren’t any and it looked like a $30 box size. I’m not sure any figures could entice me into buying a $100 RC Batmobile. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

12 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Scaly could also hint at Copperhead, didn't someone speculate about us getting him sometime in the future due to a new mold?

Given the Arkham-based look, isn’t the Copperhead of  that world a woman? I have no info, purely spitballing. If there is a male Copperhead, it would be one very small step closer to a JL:TAS based Injustice Gang. At the moment membership is a little light. I don’t know enough about the Arkham games to know where the new one would fit in. It would still have to be on sale, but hey, a new figure is a new figure. Or it’s Croc and I’m way off.