2 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Honestly, it might not be. We were all under the impression that NK was done after this year, and even Lego was about to pull the plug on the theme before the extended it. So long as regular Castle comes back after NK ends, I wouldn't mind a couple more years of the theme. There are plenty of locations and monsters to introduce, and the story hasn't gotten anywhere near being exhausted. 

Were we? The idea that the theme was extended last-minute still seems at odds with all the actual authoritative comments I've seen from designers... I've seen the rumor discussed a lot among AFOLs, but little more than that to give it any credibility.

Not that it's by any means a sure thing that it will end after next year, but I'm hardly convinced that it got some sort of "second wind" that radically reshaped Lego's existing plans for the theme.

On 7/9/2017 at 9:57 PM, Dr.Cogg said:

I think thats just a concept art poster, because if you look at the table, you have waves 1 through 4 and if this picture was taken before the launch of Nexo Knights, the sets for wave 5 might not have been created yet.

The pics for the books are usually staged. They recreate what happened during the real meeting years ago. During the real meetings pictures are not allowed to avoid leaks. One of the LEGO designers explained it in an interview. 

Those pics were probably taken a few months ago. 

4 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Honestly, it might not be. We were all under the impression that NK was done after this year, and even Lego was about to pull the plug on the theme before the extended it. So long as regular Castle comes back after NK ends, I wouldn't mind a couple more years of the theme. There are plenty of locations and monsters to introduce, and the story hasn't gotten anywhere near being exhausted. 

If regular Castle is coming when Nexo Knights ends, then the sooner the better.  Until then, it's all about the parts.

While I like the Space Knight vibe of Nexo Knights and therefore wouldn't mind if it would get continued, I can understand that Classic Castle fans would prefer if it would be replaced.

In that regard, I wouldn't mind that as long as we'll get something else with a "Space Knight" Flavor - I would settle with something in the style of Classic Space, but with Space Marines and the like, though. :wink:

1 hour ago, ZORK64 said:

While I like the Space Knight vibe of Nexo Knights and therefore wouldn't mind if it would get continued, I can understand that Classic Castle fans would prefer if it would be replaced.

In that regard, I wouldn't mind that as long as we'll get something else with a "Space Knight" Flavor - I would settle with something in the style of Classic Space, but with Space Marines and the like, though. :wink:

I think Space Marines would be great accompanying Classic Space scientists on their missions.  They could defend them against the attacks of Blacktron.  I have no problem with Space Knights or Space Marines, or any of that, I just have a problem with Castle not being available.

2 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Apparently somebody on 4chan has the European catalog and will be posting pictures of it on Friday. Fingers crossed. :classic:

4chan... A lot of weird stuff happens on there. I never trust the users.

4 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

4chan... A lot of weird stuff happens on there. I never trust the users.

Practically every major leak ever has started on 4chan, so we'll see. Their trolls are usually far more creative and extensive (see last summer for details) than just "I have the European catalog". Just felt like sharing that here. 

I saw that when it was posted. Seemed arbitrary, why wait until Friday? We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by K_Tiger

Ah, that reminds me of the discussions and rumored leaks when Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U was still in development. Or when some other guy made both in MIiverse and on YouTube claims about how he got a Smash 4 Port on the Switch.

10 minutes ago, ZORK64 said:

Ah, that reminds me of the discussions and rumored leaks when Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U was still in development. Or when some other guy made both in MIiverse and on YouTube claims about how he got a Smash 4 Port on the Switch.

Sometimes there seems to be as many people with uncles who work at Lego as there are people with uncles who work at Nintendo. :wink:

Well my uncle works at LEGO and Nintendo :tongue:

Looking forward to more green and black sets myself. The corrupted virus idea puts out a hope for "TRON lines" on things and what if the knights have to go into the Network (or The Grid!!) to fight the virus.

(tl:dr - I want stuff with TRON lines on)

Nope. We've been told by reliable sources that they're in the European retailer catalog, and we've gotten a couple of set descriptions. If these are really due for a January release I'd suspect something to slip out in October or November. There should be some kind of official unveil in early December.

Pretty surprised a minifigure, in part or whole, hasn't slipped out of the factory and onto eBay or Instagram tbqh.

Edited by K_Tiger

Ah yes, the "LEGO leak season" is about to begin soon. :laugh:

I'm curious what kind of nifty stuff we're about to get next year.

They've leaked!

Looks like Jesto's good again, but not in his original colors.

Edited by K_Tiger

Just now, K_Tiger said:

They've leaked!

Looks like Jesto's good again, but not in his original colors.

Can you post the pictures? 

Strictly forbidden on Euro Bricks.

It looks like trans neon green, not the darker color. Looks like Monstrox IS like Merlock 2.0, though no print is shown on the piece. Evil versions of the Knighton squire-bots in black.

Axl gets a freaking Land Raider.

This is the best wave.  And it's Europe only and it's just in time for the theme to end, damn it all.

Edited by Space Police XVIII
anon why

Just now, K_Tiger said:

Strictly forbidden on Euro Bricks.

It looks like trans neon green, not the darker color. Looks like Monstrox IS like Merlock 2.0, though no print is shown on the piece. Evil versions of the Knighton squire-bots in black.

Oh okay, sorry didn't know. Where did the pictures leak? 

I want them all.

72001: "Lance's Flywheel"; small station-build, with Lance against two evil robots; spider-like minifig and evil bot.

72002: "Twinfector"; small car-build, driven by bad guy, with Aaron.

72003: "Berserker Assassin"; Flying VTOL with bad guy, with jetpack Macy.

72004: "Count on the Wizard"; Awesome mech-buid, it looks like the black knight mech a bit (yet colors are darkblue/grey/orange), but with a battle suit inside.

72005: "Aaron's X-bow"; Flying bow, looks like an Osprey helicopter a bit, same color scheme as 70355, but also included yellow. With Aaron offcourse, and with two evil gus, one bot and one jetpack minifig. It looks like there's an Axl bot in there too.

72006: "Axl's Rolling Arsenal"; A big WW1 tank, with Axl and Jestro (orange/blue colorscheme) against 2 badguy minifigs, one on a small flyer.

All bad guys in black/neon green. We knew that.

Edited by NotMegalodon