On 2017. 08. 22. at 8:01 AM, Sir von Lego said:

Elves: yes

DC SH girls: NO

Elves: yes

DC SH girls: YES

lego_peru posted three new pictures on his Instagram: one Creator, one Friends/DC SH Girls and one Technic.

22 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

This pretty much confirms that we'll be getting sets next year. Could you take a screenshot of that for those of us who don't have the app? Thanks :classic:

Here's a screenshot from the game.

image.jpeg

That's definitely black and green. Gonna be an unhappy camper if these don't make it to 'Murica.

As to the discrepancies between sources, does LEGO usually do different versions of these catalogs for the different markets? lego_peru said he doesn't actually have the catalog, but is getting the photos from someone that does.

Huh. I really hope that these make it to the US, especially since the blind bags didn't make it here for series 2. I recall the Skybound sets for Ninjago, which were released in March of 2016, were still in the general retailer's catalogue, so unless these are coming out much later, like a summer wave for June only, I'm not sure what's going to happen. I'll say I'll be really disappointed if it never reaches the US, but obviously one leaker not seeing them is no reason to discount the theme. I'll wait until I get confirmation.

The green parts look like the kind of pattern you'd find on a circuit board. Come to think of it, perhaps next years villains are computer virus themed, that would explain the "Twinfector" and "Berserker Bomber" set names.

40 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Huh. I really hope that these make it to the US, especially since the blind bags didn't make it here for series 2. I recall the Skybound sets for Ninjago, which were released in March of 2016, were still in the general retailer's catalogue, so unless these are coming out much later, like a summer wave for June only, I'm not sure what's going to happen. I'll say I'll be really disappointed if it never reaches the US, but obviously one leaker not seeing them is no reason to discount the theme. I'll wait until I get confirmation.

My initial thought was, "Well, there's nothing in the catalog with a release past May, so maybe NK is a Summer release", but would LEGO go a whole year between waves?

Something ain't stirring the Kool-Aid.

10 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

, but would LEGO go a whole year between waves?

Something ain't stirring the Kool-Aid.

Remember the theme was canceled and then ressurected. Maybe they can't get the sets produced for every market, so they choose Europe and delay the Americas.

I'd reckon Nexo Knights being relatively more popular in Europe and eg Super Heroes being relatively more popular on the other side of the ocean.

1 minute ago, Johnmeel said:

Remember the theme was canceled and then ressurected. Maybe they can't get the sets produced for every market, so they choose Europe and delay the Americas.

I'd reckon Nexo Knights being relatively more popular in Europe and eg Super Heroes being relatively more popular on the other side of the ocean.

Except Nexo Knights wasn't cancelled. That was just a rumor propagated by Blocks Magazine that turned out to be completely baseless.

A delay in certain regions is certainly possible, but let's put that untrue rumor to bed already.

On 8/22/2017 at 9:46 AM, BrickJagger said:

This pretty much confirms that we'll be getting sets next year. Could you take a screenshot of that for those of us who don't have the app? Thanks :classic:

You got it.

5 hours ago, Wolfy1981 said:

Here's a screenshot from the game.

*snip*

I'll also post a full screen image here in a bit.

Edited by Penkid11

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Except Nexo Knights wasn't cancelled. That was just a rumor propagated by Blocks Magazine that turned out to be completely baseless.

Sir von LEGO itself confirmed this was true. 

But then the sales were so good that they gave the theme another chance, also reported by Sir von LEGO itself.

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Sir von LEGO itself confirmed this was true. 

But then the sales were so good that they gave the theme another chance, also reported by Sir von LEGO itself.

And, you know, one of the lead designers of the theme...

@BrickJaggerHere's an album for you and anyone else who wants to see what I saying about the Merlok 2.0 app.

Edited by Penkid11

58 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

@BrickJaggerHere's an album for you and anyone else who wants to see what I saying about the Merlok 2.0 app.

I admit I may have missed something and shouldn't have been so hasty to dispute that without looking into it, but when did a Lego designer confirm a near-cancellation? The last I remember was Mark Stafford's forceful denial of the theme's rumored end.

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

Thanks! The update doesn't give away too much but those rocky mounds seem to be spreading across the land (notice how one of the buildings has been overtaken). The tech-like effects on the mounds are quite strange. Hopefully they're tech-based baddies instead of *yawn* more rock monsters. 

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I admit I may have missed something and shouldn't have been so hasty to dispute that without looking into it, but when did a Lego designer confirm a near-cancellation? The last I remember was Mark Stafford's forceful denial of the theme's rumored end.

I was referring to the fact that Mark Stafford confirmed that it wasn't going away. I was validating the second thing Rober8 said about SvL saying it survived with the fact someone official chimed in.

4 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Hopefully they're tech-based baddies instead of *yawn* more rock monsters. 

I certainly wasn't expecting antagonists of a more sci-fi aesthetic if this indeed is the case; which honestly would be great, since that may mean there could be more potential for their constructs to possibly include new Trans. Green canopies. :classic:

I wouldn't mind if they go fully spaaace with Nexo Knights, I wouldn't expect it, but still, I'd be happy if it happens.

On 8/24/2017 at 9:00 AM, ZORK64 said:

I wouldn't mind if they go fully spaaace with Nexo Knights, I wouldn't expect it, but still, I'd be happy if it happens.

The first two years had Lava and Stone Monsters. Maybe the third year could be Meteor Monsters? It would be thematically consistent…

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

The first two years had Lava and Stone Monsters. Maybe the third year could be Meteor Monsters? It would be thematically consistent…

Or perhaps computer virus themed monsters? The black and green areas that have appeared in the app look very similar to the kind of pattern you'd find on a circuit board. The set names for next year would also make sense with the virus theme; "Twinfector" because viruses 'infect' other computers, and "Berserker Bomber", since 'berserker' is a kind of virus itself.