Nimr Ajban SOV was created as a result of the development of the chassis that I built to test the steering system based on parts from the 42055 excavator.

The problem is the width of this solution which limits the use of the chassis even at a scale of 1: 8. Therefore, from the beginning I was looking for inspiration among military vehicles. However, these are usually heavily armored and i was afraid that the ready model will be too heavy.
When I hit the NIMR Automotive products from Abu Dhabi, I immediately caught a glimpse of AJBAN  special operations vehicle. It had the right width, desert camouflage, proper tires and an open body. The cool aggressive design of the bodywork fit well to technic parts, especially since I have a lot of yellow panels.

320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 

Initially I had plans to equip it with a winch,  a machine gun, working steering wheel, and other extras. But soon it turned out that without it the weight is approaching 4 kg and the model becomes sluggish. So I gave calm and I thought of Arnold passing through sunny California in his Hummer. Why would not the Sheikans have been able to bring their falcons to the wilderness with a civilian version of AJBAN.
The model does not have any special offroad performance, but on flat surface it is quite speedy.
The advantage is that there are no moving parts, so if Lego had strong motors of similar size, it could be a fast vehicle.

320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 

Drive 4 x PF L
Turn 1 x PF L
Power 2 x PF Battery Pack
Tires. MIL-SPEC ZXL 2.2 "TIRES (130 mm)

Full Gallery 

http://bricksafe.com/pages/samolot/nimr-ajban

Edited by Samolot

Looks good! I especially like the front, very clean and aggresive. And I love that character in the shots, it really gives a sense of size:thumbup:

Your steering solution is really clever! If it were 4-wheel steering I can see how you could have a mode change for several steering solutions.

Andy D

That's quite the chassis, your front suspension is definitely one of a kind. It looks good, very aggressive, almost reminds me of the old Lambo SUV's! 

Realy love it. It is so huge. And the performance of such big thing is absolutely amazing. Realy great work on all technic functions and fantastic design.

Mean looking!

Orange Zil, which is built in my favorite scale, seems so small next to it!

On 1.07.2017 at 6:09 PM, DugaldIC said:

That's quite the chassis, your front suspension is definitely one of a kind. It looks good, very aggressive, almost reminds me of the old Lambo SUV's! 

Thank you for the positive feedback. It's funny that you mentioned Lambo LM 002 because I'm working on this model.

Wow, this is quite a monster. Very original interesting steering and suspension setup. And good performance considering it's weight. Good job!

That steering is clever but why did you use it over conventional methods? Love the model though. The yellow works and I love the front and the suspension.

H

6 hours ago, Horace T said:

That steering is clever but why did you use it over conventional methods? Love the model though. The yellow works and I love the front and the suspension.

H

I believe it was because

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:10 AM, Samolot said:

Nimr Ajban SOV was created as a result of the development of the chassis that I built to test the steering system based on parts from the 42055 excavator.

It's huge! I like the steering a lot, very original. I like what you chose to build the chassis into.

Samolot, I work in the marketing department of NIMR Automotive. We are so impressed with your lego vehIcle! 

Edited by ImolaNimr
sent PM

Samolot, are there any chance to get some pictures/info showing how those tyres fit wheel? I'm very interested in those industrial/front loader looking tires (probbably closest match what i seen)

Thanks