MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

59 minutes ago, joebiwankenobi said:

Huh, as excited as I am that we are getting a new X-wing, I've got some serious reservations about it. It's great that they're finally modeling the correct sized engines and have the astromech in the correct seating position, but it just seems a little chubby around the astromech port. Also, I find it odd that they copied the same construction from the recent T70s for the laser canons as well as the forward fuselage. There's a lot of excellent new parts that have come out in the last few years that could achieve better shaping for the nose and fuselage and I find it somewhat strange that the designer didn't use them. I'm curious to see more of it at Toyfair and better assess it in hand when I buy one, or two, or more haha. 

The 501st construction figure with AT RT is really a neat inclusion. I didn't see that coming. What's the expected price on that? I'm thinking $80-100 USD?

Don't see how critiquing a set so much is going to matter if you're going to but multiples anyway.

That's a pretty high price youre jumping at, the speeder bike was 378 pieces or something and had a pretty affordable price tag for it. I'm going to guess the same is true for the ATRT as no one is bonkers to spend 80-100$ on the constraction line when the audience interested in them is far smaller

5 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Don't see how critiquing a set so much is going to matter if you're going to but multiples anyway.

That's a pretty high price youre jumping at, the speeder bike was 378 pieces or something and had a pretty affordable price tag for it. I'm going to guess the same is true for the ATRT as no one is bonkers to spend 80-100$ on the constraction line when the audience interested in them is far smaller

It was ~450 pieces, and 75539 (AT-RT) will almost certainly be many more. I don't think that $79.99 is too much to pay for a SW TECHNIC kit that includes a CCBS rider. You're making it sound like the set is mostly CCBS kr something.

16 hours ago, Infinite Bricks said:

With all the new sets being leaked, what happened to the Clone Trooper and Jedi Battle Pack? Wasn't it supposed to be released with the currently leaking sets? Why is Yoda's hut being shown but not the battle pack?

It was shown.

3 hours ago, Azani said:

It was ~450 pieces, and 75539 (AT-RT) will almost certainly be many more. I don't think that $79.99 is too much to pay for a SW TECHNIC kit that includes a CCBS rider. You're making it sound like the set is mostly CCBS kr something.

The speeder bike just looked as pricey and large and had many large technic piece yet was relatively cheap. This ATRT also seems to be relatively the same in terms of pieces and price, I highly doubt it's going to contain so many pieces that it'll cost 80$, it looks like it has an internal simple structure covered by a lot of panels. I'm assuming the legs will also be rather simple but sturdy but time will tell.

17 hours ago, Tidy said:

just search the hashtag #legoleaks [hell, just follow that hashtag and set to allow notifications, and never miss a thing] ... but it is the same low res image as before only cropped in ... nothing earth shattering, little/no detail placeholder images. 

Is it possible to sort the search result by latest? I havent been able to find a way to, it insists on showing me "best"

1 hour ago, Magmafrost said:

Is it possible to sort the search result by latest? I havent been able to find a way to, it insists on showing me "best"

It is. But best thing to do is select a "Flair/Filter" on the right of the screen (scroll a bit down), and use "New Set/Leak --> show only"

33 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

So what troopers are we getting? :grin:

Still the stand ins from the republic fighter tank. So not known yet sadly.

I certainly am glad with the OT mos eisley love! Jawa sandcrawler, jawa bp, cantina and all. If only we get more tatooine aliens that would be even sweeter

I just came back from the toy shop and it looks really weird the broken at-st next to the not broken one :-D

6 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

So what troopers are we getting? :grin:

Prelim images show two clone gunners (the one from the Clone Fighter Tank) but I'd imagine that's just a placeholder. Well, I'd personally hope that's just a placeholder and at least one of them is either plain or has legion markings. It also comes with two Jedi.

2 hours ago, Borex said:

I just came back from the toy shop and it looks really weird the broken at-st next to the not broken one :-D

£54.99 ($73) in the U.K. at Toys R Us. Don’t think they will shift many at that price! Worst set I’ve seen in years!

The preliminary box art for the Clone BP showed Ki-Adi-mundi with Coleman Trebor, the other thread reckons Barriss Offee.

I'm really hoping it's the former, I knew I should have bought the AT-TE when I had the chance :0

3 hours ago, Seaber said:

The preliminary box art for the Clone BP showed Ki-Adi-mundi with Coleman Trebor, the other thread reckons Barriss Offee.

I'm really hoping it's the former, I knew I should have bought the AT-TE when I had the chance :0

Yeah, I'm also hoping the former, rechecked the new prelim box art, and it does show a dark blue hooded jedi, only one I could think of is Barriss. Barriss makes more sense too, last set she came is was a limited edition set from 2010

2 hours ago, TWP said:

Yeah, I'm also hoping the former, rechecked the new prelim box art, and it does show a dark blue hooded jedi, only one I could think of is Barriss. Barriss makes more sense too, last set she came is was a limited edition set from 2010

Geonosian cannon 2012

Also, wouldnt it be amazing if it were a remake of jedi bob :)

Edited by legosamsonite

37 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Great summer line-up so far..?

Indeed! We’ve been saved, again, from anything new (and thus frightening). Perhaps, to achieve perfection, we can get a snowspeeder? My other 6 are barely a squadron.

I would like to see a Shaak Ti minifigure!!!! When will they release her? And I did see the prelim with Bariss Offee.. so that would be cool if we get her... let Coleman hold some of his value.. but I do feel bad for those of you that didn’t get him in the AT-TE :-(... but I think we need more Jedi Order Jedi that would be awesome to create a consul or battle on geonosis 

Yes sir von Lego I always wanted some type of commander Cody order 66 sets or any Episode 3 themed is cool!!! But we really need a shaak Ti if we are getting Bariss... is there any other Jedis we are missing and could use??? I have almost everyone with this new addition of Ki -aid- Mundi 

If anyone finds out if Bariss if for real happening let me know 

New Member here 

I would love a new At-TE , as I did not like the last one, and I think it would be a great addition to my clone wars Moc

7 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

But: great UCS we will see..(-;

New Yoda statue huh?

10 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Would be great to get some E III based sets, let's say a Kashyyk themed wave with 2-4 sets and some Order66 and/or Palpatines Arrest set..

but to be honest, the set list doesn't say anything that's related to that scenes..?

But: great UCS we will see..(-;

I’m hoping the leaked boba fett is a hint ;).

10 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Where can I see him..? Wouldn't  be a surprise, would it?

As the image has been shared fairly recently, you should be able to find it on r/lego or on Instagram.com under the hashtags  "#bobafett" or "#legoleaks".

So, 75213-75220 are general release 2HY kits, and 75222 is the D2C "CC" as per Kockashop.hu. Would anyone have any thoughts on what 75221 could be?

Edited by Azani