MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Just now, star wars geek said:

I do agree it could be anything, but didnt someone say pegasus was a codename somewhere on here not too long ago? As for star wars refferencing other religions or dieties from earth, it is almost unheard of no? 

Well, "Grizzly Pooh Stick" was a codename for a set not too long ago... to be honest, they can literally be anything.

13 minutes ago, Azani said:

Well, "Grizzly Pooh Stick" was a codename for a set not too long ago... to be honest, they can literally be anything.

I wish I could have seen the faces of the people who were presented that code name at a top secret breifing of new set waves at LEGO :laugh::grin:

Im loving that Tatooine Battle Pack! It goes perfectly with the recent sandcrawler. Hopefully that little vehicle fits well inside it. 

For the combat speeder, it looks a little disproportionate but correct me if I’m wrong. It looks too big for Grievous. 

Edited by star wars geek

I like what I'm seeing, though I wonder why Chewie went back to sporting a non-stud-shooter bowcaster... :grin: And at least they remembered to erase the dish pieces in photoshop this time around :laugh:

On 30/03/2017 at 11:33 PM, MKJoshA said:

• Stay on target. stayontarget.gif
  • No wish lists. Remember that this topic is for discussing sets that are rumored to come in 2018. If it's something you wish to see or something you think that we will see sometime in the future, but not something that's actually rumored to be a 2018 set, then it is pure speculation and it belongs in the Future Star Wars Sets topic. (We also have a topic for minifigs you want to see, which might be more appropriate.)
  • No fighting. Yes, we actually have to post that!
  • If you post news in this thread, it will not be transferred over to the 2018 News thread.  Be smart, think about what you are posting and in what thread you are posting. This IS your warning!
  • If you choose to post fabricated information; you can expect to be banned. It's not worth the fifteen minutes of internet fame.
  • Do not post watermarked or confidential images; they will be removed and the poster will be dealt with appropriately. As stated in our Member Guidelines:

53 minutes ago, Azani said:

I avoided doing this, @BorisBritva77, because IIRC we're not allowed to do so.

I'm pretty sure its allowed (I think it has been for years), it doesn't violate any of the above rules so its not a problem unless a Mod says so.

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

I'm pretty sure its allowed (I think it has been for years), it doesn't violate any of the above rules so its not a problem unless a Mod says so.

Correct. No links were published and no leaked photos were shared. So therefore no violation. 

Well Tatooine Battlepack looks very underwhelming to me, nothing exclusive about it, all minifigures appeared in sets in last 2 years. Grievous speeder looks great interesting design and great minifigures( plus Mace has a new and improved face print) a must buy. Dissapointed that FO Tie comes with standart pilot instead of special force one, and new Falcon MF is meh at best.

45 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

Are the pics in the wrong section? All I am seeing is the list of set names

They aren’t in the Lego forum, they’re on the subreddit devoted to leaks

Edited by Aegis2000

Idk why but I hate that grievous speeder bike. Probably because I'm not familiar with it and I just find the design ugly.

Jawa BP is nice, though. I don't own any of the figs so it'll be a nice purchase.

Looking forward to seeing Yoda's hut.

Really liking those new sets.

I won’t get the microfighters because I already have the figures from them but both those figures were only available in $70-$150 Sets before, so it’s a good move for them to be cheap. Also I really like the Falcon build for some reason, don’t know why but I’m liking it leagues ahead of the 2014 one. Might just get for the build. 

The BP is neat, nothing worth army-building but I’ll get just one. Nice build, don’t have any of the new Tuskens so I’ll get just one for sure.

Loving the combat speeder. I don’t mind disproportions, virtually every Star Wars set that isn’t a one-seat starfighter is way out of scale (FO Snowspeeder, Rey Speeder, FO Destroyer, AT-M6, Resistance Bomber...). More bricks means much better detail and I think it looks great for it. Plus I don’t have the newer white Grevious and an updated Windu is appreciated.

7 hours ago, Azani said:

I mean, you understand that it's a different film in every way, right? The plot could be literally anything.

Thank you for the explanation. I understood, that these greek names are code names. :thumbup:

Will definitely get the BP as none of the other sets with Jawas/Sandpeople have appealed to me. Would rather have had a second Tusken though than the droid.

Disappointing the FO pilot doesn't have the red stripes on his helmet - I was on the edge about getting Kylo's Tie Fighter so that might just push me over.

I don't mind the sets that have been shown. Battle pack is nice with the transport sled (understand no new minifigs really).

Micro fighters are ok... having a MF redone already is a bit meh... I assume the bowcaster not being click shooter being that it could cost too much for a small set?

Grevious' set is a nice EU change...

They need to make a freakin' bowcaster that is NOT the medieval crossbow and is NOT the studshooter already. I feel like Chewie is the least respected character by Lego.

Just now, BrickG said:

They need to make a freakin' bowcaster that is NOT the medieval crossbow and is NOT the studshooter already. I feel like Chewie is the least respected character by Lego.

Tell that to Lando who only appeared in 4 sets ever!

Tell that to Nien Numb. He is in no set at all and blew up the second Death Star. :-s

Anyway, i really like the looks of the tatooine bp. Fits right in with the Jawa Crawler too. 

Hopefully next summer wave will have some cantina bp because i need more tatooine aliens

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Tell that to Lando

49 minutes ago, Borex said:

Tell that to Nien Numb. Nunb

RsH3olE.png

O.... wait. There's a Tasu Leech fig and one of a gang member. :tongue:

7 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

Grevious' set is a nice EU change...

It is considered expanded universe? I thought it appeared in the Clone Wars, so isn’t it cannon?