Dear Edward Summerridge,

The Unfortunate Decomission of the Suckefish for it's ugliness was informed to the Bank of Corrington earlier this month. Perhaps it got lost in the mail? Regardless all BoC staff were moved to the WTC Beacon, and profits from the WTC Beacon will replace those of the Suckerfish. I ask meekly that you release my ships, and allow me to pay you. And hopefully, we can resolve this situation with minimal bloodshed. And be glad I'm in charge right now. Not the Count.

Regards,

Agnes Mesabi

OOC: Sorry folks, don't think this will be to much drama. There was a mixup in the communication.

Just now, Mesabi said:

Sorry folks, don't think this will be to much drama

Darn it. I just got my popcorn! :pir-grin:

Dear Countess Mesabi,

The BoC is happy to accept the transfer of security to the WTC Beacon, and shall inform authorities in King's Harbour to release your ships immediately. Please also note that the BoC has added the 21 dbs (25% of 84 worth of trade proceeds) to your outstanding debts, and hopes that we will soon start seeing the first installments of the repayment of your debts.

Pleased to be of service,

Sir Edward Summerridge,

Executive Director, BoC

20 minutes ago, Legostone said:

...But we want to see the Drama :pir-laugh:

8 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Darn it. I just got my popcorn! :pir-grin:

Indeed, give us the drama. The mischievous Count does not deliver this time! Boo! :thumbdown:

Edited by Drunknok

Oh no, that's not the classic reaction I've expected from our esteemed Count Mesabi. I was hoping to see the WTC marines breaking into the vault of BoC.:pir-grin:

Dear all,

The BoC has updated its accounts for 618 and thank you all for your business. Please be reminded that all relevant transactions should be communicated to the bank so we can keep our books in balance.

You may find the updated accounts for 618 here.

Further, the bank is happy to announce that the Royal Cocovian Wagonway has been licensed by a group of investors under the BoC's management.

Best regards

Sir Edward Summerridge

Executive Director, BoC

On 10/26/2017 at 2:40 PM, Mesabi said:

OOC: Sorry folks, don't think this will be to much drama. There was a mixup in the communication.

What have you gone soft man ... Now what are we to do with our freshly popped corns and frosty Bru-Haha's  ... Its as if it fizzled out before it got started ... No horse heads or blood trails from repayments or nothing ... Is the young Mesabi conforming completely to Corish ways ... Will the WTC cease to be an strong arm organisation ... Will I ever get to finish my popped corns and Bru-Haha ..........

26 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

What have you gone soft man ... Now what are we to do with our freshly popped corns and frosty Bru-Haha's  ... Its as if it fizzled out before it got started ... No horse heads or blood trails from repayments or nothing ... Is the young Mesabi conforming completely to Corish ways ... Will the WTC cease to be an strong arm organisation ... Will I ever get to finish my popped corns and Bru-Haha ..........

You better be careful man, them's fightin' words! :pir-angry:

39 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

You better be careful man, them's fightin' words! :pir-angry:

Im only lightly ribbing ... at ease 

Payment for two (2) shares for the Royal Cocovia Wagonway has been transferred.

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Do I smell a duel? :pir-wink:

I could drown him in WTC cannons...

On 12/02/2018 at 12:42 AM, Drunknok said:

I see that my money has been taken, but no income is shown yet...

Should be fixed now. I might streamline the account sheet a bit, but it should reflect your income properly now.

@Elostirion: If you make a deposit for 150 dbs for your share, please let me know so I can put it on the books :)

To all builders of the Brick Seas,

The Bank of Corrington wishes to strategically expand its presence in the old world and the new. Hence, we are looking for contractors to build branch offices throughout the Brick Seas. Designs should symbolise the values of the BoC: Solidity, trust, security, and honesty and will be purchased by the following scheme, until such a time that the budget of 500 dbs is either spent or enlarged. All properties will be licensed by the BoC, and proceeds will go towards ensuring a steady income for the bank to be able to offer competitive interest rates on deposits.

• Small branch offices (Small commercial) - 25 dbs
    These are needed in all colonies of hamlet size or larger
  • Large branch offices (Medium commercial) - 50 dbs
    These are to be established in large towns or larger.
  • Regional office (Large commercial) - 100 dbs
    These are to be established in
    • Breshaun
    • Nova Terreli
    • Bastion
    • Weelond
    • Pan
    • Kings Port
    • Granoleon
    • Terreli
    • King's Harbour

Contractors are to contact the Arlinsport Headquarter for details.

Yours truly

Sir Edward Summerridge

Executive director, BoC

I want to sell two (2) shares of the Royal Cocovia Wagonway to the Crown of Corrington, at a price of 150DB per share, i.e. the original buying price. Once the money is transferred to my account I consider the deal done.

56 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I want to sell two (2) shares of the Royal Cocovia Wagonway to the Crown of Corrington, at a price of 150DB per share, i.e. the original buying price. Once the money is transferred to my account I consider the deal done.

The transfer will be done in 2 minutes. Consider this confirmation.

just out of curiosity, what is the interest rate at the BoC ?

3 hours ago, Bart said:

just out of curiosity, what is the interest rate at the BoC ?

Dear sir,

the BoC prides itself in its flexibility. Hence we offer a multitude of lending schedules suited to many different business needs.

Hence, interest rates are dependent on risk profile, collateral, and repayment schedules.

Please send us a short description of your needs and we will discuss it. (PM me)

Sincerely

Sir Edward Summerridge

Executive director, BoC

16 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Dear sir,

the BoC prides itself in its flexibility. Hence we offer a multitude of lending schedules suited to many different business needs.

Hence, interest rates are dependent on risk profile, collateral, and repayment schedules.

Please send us a short description of your needs and we will discuss it. (PM me)

Sincerely

Sir Edward Summerridge

Executive director, BoC

Excellent!!

A Garvey smuggler (who declines to give his name) wishes to take out a loan of the greatest quantity possible.*  He says he's got quite a nice bit stashed away and a fairly constant income which derives from [what follows has been carefully erased and scratched out].  He doesn't care in the slightest what the interest rate is or how soon he has to pay up either.  

Signed by himself,

Timothy Trugmutton (which is an alias, of course :tongue:)

P. S. - Time is of the essence, or so he says.  He's under the impression that people are more likely to do stupid things if in a hurry.  :pir-laugh: :pir_tong2: 

*Which he has no intentions of ever paying back

@LM71Blackbird:

Since you are still relatively new to Corrington, I think I can in good faith refer you to the BoC Pioneer Loan Scheme, which can offer you a loan of up to 300 dbs at very reasonable terms.

If that does not suit your purposes, shoot me a pm to discuss your specific needs. :pir-blush:

"To whom it may concern:

I am writing today to inquire about a loan.  My shipworks has been taken over by an unwelcomed visitor and I need to be able to maintain payments during these trying times to keep good men on my labor force.

Once the pest has been removed I can resume production and begin repayment of the loan.

Signed:

A former Corrlander

Gustaf VonBricktin

Salty Shipworks

Charlanan Bay 

OOC:

In reality I fear I am short the DBs to do what I would like to do ...

I was thinking 200DB loan @50DB a month repayment?

@Roadmonkeytj

Dear Gustaf VonBricktin,

The BoC is most positive towards a loan agreement, but wishes more details on the suggested security and interest. We are more than happy to enter into a specific discussion and are certain that we can reach an agreement attractive to all.

Please contact me by direct mail for further discussion.

Sincerely

Sir Edward Summerridge

Executive director, BoC

OOC: Send me a PM with a suggestion and we can discuss it. Interest can be either a percentage, or perhaps a share in profit, or a small property or similar. I would also like some sort of security, eg. in a vessel. We will find a solution, I am sure. :)

2 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

"To whom it may concern:

I am writing today to inquire about a loan.  My shipworks has been taken over by an unwelcomed visitor and I need to be able to maintain payments during these trying times to keep good men on my labor force.

Once the pest has been removed I can resume production and begin repayment of the loan.

Signed:

A former Corrlander

Gustaf VonBricktin

Salty Shipworks

Charlanan Bay 

OOC:

In reality I fear I am short the DBs to do what I would like to do ...

I was thinking 200DB loan @50DB a month repayment?

This is not the right place for what I am suggesting - I have sent you a PM.