32657550603_a978ceeb32_c.jpg

Facing the main square of Arlinsport, the new headquarter of the Bank of Corrington has now been finished, and the bank is opening for business. The building itself is almost monumental in style, symbolising the stability and security it stands for (and offering some of the safest vaults of New Terra). The employees are well paid and recruited after extreme vetting to ensure their moral standards.

32628470584_dfb9df7d2b_c.jpg

The bank offers anyone to set up an account, whereafter access to any of the banks multitude of services can be arranged.

• Base service
    • 24 hour access to accounts
      You can always find your current account here.
    • Free and instant withdrawals and deposits to and from your account (within your credit limit!).
      (Simply fill out the proper transaction form and enter your transaction in the above sheet under "Deposits", as well as in this thread.)
    • Interest on deposits
      All account holders with positive balances share in any interest earned on loans and credit lines.
  • Optional services
    • Credit line and loans
      Negotiate a credit line to help you when in need of extra liquidity, or take out a one time loan
    • Anonymous accounts
      Should this be of interest, an anonymous account can be set up.
    • Joint investment handling
      Are you tired of monthly payments to investors? Place your investment under the BoC, and let the proceeds automatically flow into the bank accounts of the shareholders to be withdrawn at their convenience. The BoC handles investments of all kinds, in return for a small set-up fee and share of profits. (Contact your personal advisor for details on prices and set-up)
    • ?

(The bank will regularly audit the accounts to check for discrepancies, and criminal or fraudulent behaviour will be punished most severely.)

Should this lead to any questions, feel free to ask here or in more private communication.

Also, do you think this 16x16 build can be licensed as a small commerce?

For new players:

Bank of Corrington Pioneer Loan Scheme

Hide contents

On arrival in Terra Nova, Corlander citizens of good standing may apply for the Terra Nova Pioneer Loan from the Bank of Corrington. This one-time-only loan will be available in several increments to suit different circumstances and is designed to give new arrivals an initial economic foothold in the new world. Interest will not be charged on the loan, but rather will be serviced by investment in crown projects. On application for the loan, Her Majesties representatives in Terra Nova will be consulted, and projects will be proposed in exchange for the loan funds. The ownership of the properties generated by these projects shall be either the settlement or Crown. The loan will still be required to be paid back, although no time-frame will be stipulated. The following is a guild of the loan packages available:

100DB - One small property of type and location to be advised

200DB - Two small properties or one medium property of type and location to be advised.

300DB - Four small properties or two medium properties of type and location to be advised

For example, John Brickton arrives in King's Harbour and applies to the Bank of Corrington for a 200DB Pioneer Loan. Governor Cooke stipulates that Quinnsville requires one small artisan and Mooreton Bay one small factory. John Brickton agrees and is paid 200DB. He builds a small artisan in Quinnsville which the Governer licenses to the settlement. He then builds another factory in Mooreton Bay which Governer Cooke licenses to the faction. John now uses the 200DB loan to license a trading vessel. As he begins to make his fortune, he pays back the Bank of Corrington in small increments when he can afford it.

The loans will be sponsored by the private estates of Montoya and Allcock and administered by the Bank of Corrington.

OOC

It has been common practice for sometime now that wealthier players donate a gift of doubloons to new sign-ups. These gifts have steadily become larger and after some discussion, Bregir and I agree that they are possibly taking away some of the challenges for new members and further devaluing the EGS. Thus from now on financial gifts for new members will be strongly discouraged, rather any exchange of money should be in the form of a loan. The scheme presented below will be official faction policy, although private loans will of course also be allowed, it is just asked that their terms should be suitably challenging without being too difficult. 

The following IC loan is proposed for new players, who may apply for this one-time-only loan upon joining and signing up for the EGS. As interest on the loan, rather than money they agree to build properties for the crown as determined by Corrington leadership. The loan will still be required to be paid back, although no deadlines shall be set. This way new players get a boost, as does the crown.

Could Captain Whiffo set up an anonymous account, please? :grin:  (Jk..)  

A nice little build there, Bregir - definitely looks like a place worthy of all the DBs placed inside! :pir-laugh:  Is that trans-blue behind the arches? - those work very well as windows here too!  The color-scheme seems to indicate that its architect was probably Eslandolan, though... :tongue:

As to licencing micro-builds according to their base-plate size - hmm, that's an interesting idea, and I'd probably be fine with it myself... why don't you just pop over and see if we can't get an official ruling on that in the Court, though (I don't think it's ever been discussed before?)

Neaaaat. Another great addition to the institutions in BoBS - proof that there are barely limits to the possibilities the system offers. Best of luck turning this into a profitable enterprise :classic:

The build itself is pretty fancy, too. I like that it looks so massive - the only thing I naturally dislike is your choice of rather Eslandian colors... but that's probably just a way to lure in their DB :grin:

About the license... no veto from me, after all it fulfills the size requirements, and it's definitely well built. But as Garm said, let's discuss this in Court, let's see what other ideas this could include.

Great micro Bregir, I really like those transblue windows especially!  As for the bank, I'll be watching to see where this goes, and I'll admit that the joint investment handling sounds really good - course, I don't have any joint investments right now, but if I ever do!

Sir Thomas Smaugton, self-proclaimed Lord of Driftwood, would like to hear more about this interesting venture.

(okay, mostly what / where do I need to be to set up an account and shift some stolen from the slaves hard-earned cash to)

6 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Could Captain Whiffo set up an anonymous account, please? :grin:  (Jk..)  

A nice little build there, Bregir - definitely looks like a place worthy of all the DBs placed inside! :pir-laugh:  Is that trans-blue behind the arches? - those work very well as windows here too!  The color-scheme seems to indicate that its architect was probably Eslandolan, though... :tongue:

As to licencing micro-builds according to their base-plate size - hmm, that's an interesting idea, and I'd probably be fine with it myself... why don't you just pop over and see if we can't get an official ruling on that in the Court, though (I don't think it's ever been discussed before?)

Of course he can! Just make sure noone knows! :pir-wink:

It's transblue indeed, and I agree - it works quite well. I might well use it more going forward. As to colours, well, incidentally I only have those domes in dark green... :tongue:

Will take it up in court at some point. Have some other ideas about microbuilds too to discuss anyways. :pir-blush:

5 hours ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Neaaaat. Another great addition to the institutions in BoBS - proof that there are barely limits to the possibilities the system offers. Best of luck turning this into a profitable enterprise :classic:

The build itself is pretty fancy, too. I like that it looks so massive - the only thing I naturally dislike is your choice of rather Eslandian colors... but that's probably just a way to lure in their DB :grin:

About the license... no veto from me, after all it fulfills the size requirements, and it's definitely well built. But as Garm said, let's discuss this in Court, let's see what other ideas this could include.

I hope some people will decide to use it - otherwise the idea may be brilliant and all, but still quite pointless! :tongue: 

I did go for monumental, so happy to hear I succeeded to some extent, at least! :pir-wink: The colours might be a subliminal marketing trick... :pir-wink:

5 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great micro Bregir, I really like those transblue windows especially!  As for the bank, I'll be watching to see where this goes, and I'll admit that the joint investment handling sounds really good - course, I don't have any joint investments right now, but if I ever do!

Thanks, Kai. Glad to hear you like the idea - I should be happy to cater for your business anytime! :pir-wink:

5 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

spoilt rich brat !

I assure you, my riches are earned by effort and skill alone! :pir-wink:

And should yourself be in need of liquidity, perhaps the bank can aid you? :tongue:

3 hours ago, Tomsche said:

Sir Thomas Smaugton, self-proclaimed Lord of Driftwood, would like to hear more about this interesting venture.

(okay, mostly what / where do I need to be to set up an account and shift some stolen from the slaves hard-earned cash to)

Well, basicly, just transfer some funds to the "BoC" and put the transaction below. Then you open the account sheet and enter your name and the amount you are transferring.

Then I just hope someone will be interested in taking out a loan so that we can start earning some interest! :pir-grin:

36 minutes ago, Bregir said:

And should yourself be in need of liquidity, perhaps the bank can aid you? :tongue:

Sure ! Hands up !! This is for an account withdrawal !! The first to move meet my blunderbuss hole...

Put all the dough in my bag !!!

Edited by Professor Thaum

53 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Sure ! Hands up !! This is for an account withdrawal !! The first to move meet my blunderbuss hole...

Put all the dough in my bag !!!

"Guards, would you please show the rather loud gentleman the door?"

"And should he choose to maintain his current attitude, you may show him all the way to the constabulary"

:P

How exactly do I go about taking out a loan from your marvelous bank? Do I PM you, or ask here?

Dear mister @Bregir,

While I tried to open an account with the BoC and make a modest deposit to the account for, I don`t know, say 1000 doubloons, I seem to fail to find the destination account labelled as BoC or the likes.

Now while this might be the result of my cheese for brains and lack of accountancy skills that I overlook it in the immense list of entrepreneurs, of could it be that the account isn`t in the summary yet so I cannot write my bill of crediting yet?

Sir Thomas Smaugton
Mayor of Quinnsville,
Founder of the Corrington Branch of MAESTRO Trade Company
Self-proclaimed Lord of Driftwood

39 minutes ago, Tomsche said:

Dear mister @Bregir,

While I tried to open an account with the BoC and make a modest deposit to the account for, I don`t know, say 1000 doubloons, I seem to fail to find the destination account labelled as BoC or the likes.

Now while this might be the result of my cheese for brains and lack of accountancy skills that I overlook it in the immense list of entrepreneurs, of could it be that the account isn`t in the summary yet so I cannot write my bill of crediting yet?

Sir Thomas Smaugton
Mayor of Quinnsville,

Dear sir,

I have spoken to your newly assigned personal advisor, and he assures me that should your brains be of cheese, it must most certainly be the finest made, and most carefully aged, ever to reach New Terra. You may conduct your transfer at any time fitting your convenience, and I will see to it that things are brought in order.

Best regards

Sir Edward Summerridge

Executive Director, BoC

My dearest sir Summerridge,

The bank of Corrington should then find itself now in the safeguarding of 1000 of my perhaps not so honestly earned doubloons.

I have given my clerk the order to write the letter of credit out to "BoC" so I take it should be arriving correctly as we speak?

Yours truly

Sir Thomas Smaugton
Mayor of Quinnsville,

MAESTRO has started an account and deposited 500 DB with the hope to earn some DB's at some point. 

Jerome Monezterrell,
COO of the Eslandolan Trade Company MAESTRO

Edit: Might as well comment about the build - the colourscheme is a great choice, perfect for a bank :D

Edited by Legostone

Dear sirs,

Your deposits have been recieved, and it is now our hope that profitable business and interesting projects will take use of the banks services for us to be able to offer you an interest on your deposits. We thank you for your confidence in our business and for the honour of managing your funds.

Best regards

Sir Edward Summerridge

Executive Director, BoC

The game function of this bank has already proven itself useful - and thanks for that!

And I really like the build. The architecture is nice and the square shape gives it a very solid appearance. Too bad the dome isn't, say, dark red or gold, but dark green works. I assume the microfigs are supposed to be statues?

Between this and your insurance company you're starting to cover all the financial bases. :thumbup:

On 24/04/2017 at 7:44 PM, Captain Dee said:

The game function of this bank has already proven itself useful - and thanks for that!

And I really like the build. The architecture is nice and the square shape gives it a very solid appearance. Too bad the dome isn't, say, dark red or gold, but dark green works. I assume the microfigs are supposed to be statues?

Thank you, Captain Dee! I only hope more people will find use of it, so that it can actually turn into a business! ;)

Indeed, they are supposed to be statues - and yeah, I only have those domes in dark green - other colours could have been relevant, but I liked how they looked and went with it. :)

On 24/04/2017 at 7:44 PM, Captain Dee said:

Between this and your insurance company you're starting to cover all the financial bases. :thumbup:

If not from the fact that noone has used the insurance company yet, (:pir-cry_sad:) I would agree with you. :pir-grin:

Just imagine if the Eslandolan Anti-Mardier fleet would have insured their warships with you:P (It would have been good for us though:D)

16 hours ago, Legostone said:

Just imagine if the Eslandolan Anti-Mardier fleet would have insured their warships with you:P (It would have been good for us though:D)

I doubt such a venture would have been accepted. ;)

Insuring a lot of ships all going on the same mission (and a risky one at that) would have been too concentrated a risk... ;)

An imposing building! And of course it was Corrington who discovered the whole loaning thing first. Or was it those greens? :tongue:

5 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

An imposing building! And of course it was Corrington who discovered the whole loaning thing first. Or was it those greens? :tongue:

Show me proof that they have anything truly predating the BoC and I will be much surprised. The TC's are firmly asleep, resting in their monopolies. Give time and they will wake up to a world changed in which their power is little but a memory! ;)

Neat micro scale. But the flag piece looks a bit off for me, considering the size. And nice business idea. Sadly nothing for me, an insurance seems a bit unpiratey.

Edited by Jacob Nion

@Mesabi:

Dear count Mesabi,

It has come to our attention that you have failed to inform us that the Suckerfish has been decommissioned. As you are well-aware, the BoC had security in that vessel, and its decommisioning has not been followed by repayment of the 200 dbs outstanding. The BoC does not take kindly to defaulters, and cannot accept such behaviour.

Thus, I shall inform the authorities in King's Harbour to withhold the WTC ships there as security for our outstanding loans, until such a time that an agreement for your total outstanding of 450 dbs has been reached.

Best regards

Sir Edward Summerridge

Executive Director, BoC

@Bregir I have PM'd you with the details. I'm not here to start drama in a main thread. That is all I will say for the moment.