legomilk

New castle sets in 2009

As for the northern water faction... Vikings return for one special engagement! *y*

Off course and its normal !! After all elvish mytholgy is very important for norse people ;-) So a smaller long boat would be sweet (a shortboat ?)

*yoda*

I wonder if we will even get a new enemy, lego might just decide to go with what they have already.

I'm hoping that they do bring out some new enemy but the orcs are so damn good that i wont mind if they don't.

Wow, lost happens when you do not pay attention. I think the elf faction looks a deadcert for next year. Personally as I have never been to fond of big eared elves I think they look very good though I hope they don't have the same colour motif as the dwarves do on their shield. Maybe for the opposition there won

Elves, with bows.... *wub* finally a dream comes true.... oh, and maybe some kind of

decent tree fortification.... I really hope so. :'-)

Thanks for these cool pics, Pigbrick! With so much fantastic factions we should be able to

see interesting waves of sets for a couple of years, I guess.... *y*

I like the idea of the elves' faction, I had a gut feeling we were going to get an Elves line after the mythical line TLG has been steering down in the last 2 years. Perhaps the elves will end up being like the old forest-men, I hope so, they were great! *wub*

Woop, elves. For an evil faction how about another human faction, but allied with the orcs/skellies? If not, we could always use some kind of troll fortress or big set.

TK

manbag

:-D that's going in my sig.

And elves..SWEET!cliche taht the first one we see is holding a bow, but still w000. Soon I might demolish my castle set and put it away somewhere casue I'm feeling *vader* at the moment, but as soon as its 2009 someones floor will be LITTERED in elf inpulses ( I'll of got the big sets at 2008 xmas)

X-D :-D :-P

2007 Crownies VS Undead

2008 Crownies and Dwarves VS Trolls/Orcs

2009 Crownies and Dwarves VS Elves?

(you know, the stereotypical fight between Dwarves and Elves , and the crownies are used to be to help the dwarves)

2007 Crownies VS Undead

2008 Crownies and Dwarves VS Trolls/Orcs

2009 Crownies and Dwarves VS Elves?

(you know, the stereotypical fight between Dwarves and Elves , and the crownies are used to be to help the dwarves)

Evil Elves? *n* I bet they're introduced as friends to humans and dwarves...with the new light and dark greens and browns as color schemes we've been getting recently.

How about a new faction of Evil to go along with the elves - Goblins. Not sure what the face would look like, but they could easily be counterparts to the dwarves and utilize the short legs.

And elves..SWEET!cliche taht the first one we see is holding a bow,

Though he does seem to be holding it by the bowstring...

Steve

page_1.jpg

Look atthe bottom of the elflands thingy and there's a minifig head. near the 2007 castle.

Hint maybe? *wacko*

Look atthe bottom of the elflands thingy and there's a minifig head. near the 2007 castle.

Hint maybe? *wacko*

Nope. On the left, it speaks about finding hidden 'spying skulls'. That's one secret out.

Elves now? Sheesh, as if it already wasn't a LotR rip-off!

But...

KML

Shame, lizard! Shame! :-P It's not a rip off! The trolls look nothing like Lotr, the goblins are very different, and these elves have hard iron helmets!

OK, rant over. X-D But it's not a Lotr rip-off. If it was, it'd be a helluva lot better than it is. ;-) (meaning phenomenal, where as this line is superb X-D )

Elves are in. I too am hoping for a new baddie faction and will be happy with anything other than undead.

Lizardmen would be great, different or the same trolls would be good too, or maybe a group of evil wizards in different colors.

Of course the map is missing areas in the north and south, so there is plenty of room to add new groups. I am hoping for a rogue group of mercenaries, a dragon slaying gladiator/adventurer group, or the fearsome gargoyle faction that was hinted at in the KK2 series playing cards but never got to see the light of day. Even barbarians using some of the viking parts again wouldn't bother me at all. Vikings are great and it is a shame they ended so quickly.

:-X :-X

Evil Elves? *n* I bet they're introduced as friends to humans and dwarves...with the new light and dark greens and browns as color schemes we've been getting recently.

How about a new faction of Evil to go along with the elves - Goblins. Not sure what the face would look like, but they could easily be counterparts to the dwarves and utilize the short legs.

I totally agreed with Dadster :-D NO Evil elves, i cannot imagine elves fighting against humans and dwarves. It's a fact that elves and dwarves are not on good terms, squabbling all the time. Nevertheless, i don't think we should class elves as evil beings. I strongly believe that TLC will have a new fraction for the baddies. ;-)

Personally, i was hoping for some thieves guild fighting against the elves in shadow. :-P

Since a ship is in the hint, who knows, sea bandits will come back (pirates) :-X

Ok the bottom line is that, if they don't come out with (dare I say it) BATTLE PACKS for dwarves or elves I'm going to be seriously sad, and I think most of you guys will be too. I'm pretty certain we're all on the same page when it comes to amassing an army correct? We should constantly put a reminder or have a prominent AFOL member tell TLG that we want battle packs for elves, and dwarves. I personally passed up on Dwarves Mining because it only included 4 figures :-(

Elves are in. I too am hoping for a new baddie faction and will be happy with anything other than undead.

Lizardmen would be great, different or the same trolls would be good too, or maybe a group of evil wizards in different colors.

Of course the map is missing areas in the north and south, so there is plenty of room to add new groups. I am hoping for a rogue group of mercenaries, a dragon slaying gladiator/adventurer group, or the fearsome gargoyle faction that was hinted at in the KK2 series playing cards but never got to see the light of day. Even barbarians using some of the viking parts again wouldn't bother me at all. Vikings are great and it is a shame they ended so quickly.

I agree! Remember, there could be a pirate faction seeing as there is a section of the map labeled 'The Northern Sea: only the boldest explorers set sail on these stormy seas!' And there's a sea serpent in the waters! So we'll probably see a new evil faction before the night is over. ;-)

:-X :-X

I totally agreed with Dadster :-D NO Evil elves, i cannot imagine elves fighting against humans and dwarves. It's a fact that elves and dwarves are not on good terms, squabbling all the time. Nevertheless, i don't think we should class elves as evil beings. I strongly believe that TLC will have a new fraction for the baddies. ;-)

Personally, i was hoping for some thieves guild fighting against the elves in shadow. :-P

Since a ship is in the hint, who knows, sea bandits will come back (pirates) :-X

Agreed. NO EVIL ELVES! EVIL ELVES OFF! *n*

Ok the bottom line is that, if they don't come out with (dare I say it) BATTLE PACKS for dwarves or elves I'm going to be seriously sad, and I think most of you guys will be too. I'm pretty certain we're all on the same page when it comes to amassing an army correct? We should constantly put a reminder or have a prominent AFOL member tell TLG that we want battle packs for elves, and dwarves. I personally passed up on Dwarves Mining because it only included 4 figures :-(

Well then, you seemed to have not did your research beforehand. The Dwarf Mine includes seven minifigures; four dwarves, two Troll Warriors, and a Giant Troll. By all means, get it! *sweet*

Actually, I'm thinking elves, especially after this:

elf.jpg

This came from my newest Brickmaster magazine where there was a giant map of all the fractions, including the dwarves and trolls (which were just hints for upcoming sets. Remember, the magazine is far behind compared to what we already know ;-)). I hope this is real and not just an illustration because that picture is showing a hair piece that a helmet can be put on top of!

Thank you very much for that pic, Pigbrick!

Although I'm really not a real fantasy fan that elves minifig seems to look very nice! Perhaps it's right and we might get some elves in some sets similar to the old amazing forestmen sets.

But which should then be the bad fraction? Bad elves would be very bad - and more fantasy creatures would be boring at all - I'd say. What about a bad human fraction since there isn't yet one?

If you ask me I think we might get some more of these ugly trolls and orcs to fight against the elves since there isn't yet a castle for the trolls.

Wow! The elves are so-o-o-o-o nice! ))))) *wub* And it appears that the minifigs will be great with those bows, shields, Indy's bags! I Also love this hair under the helmet! And.... And look at his expression of the face! :-D An archtypical elf! *y*

Gentlemen, do you think that he has an iron helmet, or it can be a leather brown one? :-/ *sweet*

Many elf interpretations have them with a different skin colour to humans.

Maybe well see them in tan or flesh.....

Dp8

Many elf interpretations have them with a different skin colour to humans.

For some reason I always thought the elves would be in blue...

~Peace

I had predicted the return of Forestmen a few years ago as part of the KK sets, as hinted through the Book of Morcia. Although this never came to fruition, perhaps the Elves will be the return of a forest-based theme. Sounds really exciting to think about large trees, forest hideouts, and bridges.

References:

Speculation re. New KK Sets

Forestmen Collection

PS. Yes! Another way to expand my Jungle! *y*

Yes, the elf drawing is very nice...but can Lego this time around actually sell this product including the minifigure, hair, bow, shield, "indy" bag, and helmet? They left us castle fans in 2007 with a shortage of shields and swords. The negative side of this is that I would have to buy these parts from third party venders instead of from TLG. I hope that TLG would also sell a minifigure parts pack if they intend once again for 2009 to deprive collectors of these accessories. Having said that, I am really glad that elves are coming in 2009 :-) even if they are not "properly" dressed.