Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[COR-FB] Weelond Insurance Inc.

Matthijs Honig had been carrying around this idea for a long time, but had been in need of financing. He had seen businessmen bankrupted by bad luck, while others had been blessed by unbelievable luck, and he believed there had to be a fairer way of distributing risk and reward.

Recently, he had met a man called Ibn al'Sayeed, who had offered to finance his idea. And so, with 1.000 dbs backing from the Montoya estate, he had purchased an office in Weelond and set up shop. The first few captains were already approaching, and he was sure business would be brisk.

33038773192_abfac13f14_c.jpg

The Weelond Insurance company will insure all trading vessels at 100 % of their license value in return for 1/3 of any trading proceeds. Warships are insured for 1/3 of licensing costs. Shipowners can sign up their ships until the publication of the MRCA results. The company will have its own accounts, but the Montoya Estate offers 1.000 dbs as security, should the business not be able to sustain itself.

Please contact the insurance company for special deals on multiple vessels!

So go ahead and sign up your ships in this thread. (Also, the build will be licensed as a small commerce.)

That's a very nice façade. The grooved part has a simple elegance to it, and sand green is a very nice color to build in. I can't help but wonder if brown or black frames would look better for the windows, but it is still a nice build.

Good luck with your insurance company.

Wow, Weelond is becoming the financial center of the Brick Seas!

Cool build! The architecture should fit right in with other buildings in Weelond, and I really like the use of sand green with the dark green window frames. Nice use of grooved and masonry bricks, too. :thumbup:

The town council might ask you to cut those weeds, though. :pir-grin:

Neat build, Bregir, I particularly like the section around the door, and good job with the minifig expressions too! :pir_laugh2:  I do have one question about he Insurance company at the moment, though:

15 hours ago, Bregir said:

The Weelond Insurance company will insure all vessels at 100 % of their license value (excluding 3+ ship modifiers) in return for 1/3 of any trading proceeds.

Do you insure warships (or anything other than trading vessels)?  And if so, do you still charge them based solely on their trading proceeds?  If so, expect a lot of business from me! :grin:

Oh, and make that two questions - what about free ships (especially where the builder already has more ships so they won't be getting that free ship back [whatever exactly are the rules there, anyways?  Can't remember what we changed/didn't change :pir-grin:])?  I assume they would work the same as all other ships, but just wanted to make sure! :pir-wink:

Thanks, guys. It was a rather "quick" build to get the insurance company established after a discussion in leadership, but I did go for keeping the quality up to par. :pir-blush:

11 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

can't help but wonder if brown or black frames would look better for the windows,

I think black might have been as out of place as the dark green, but brown would have gone nicely with the door. I don't think I have any, though. :pir-blush:

10 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Wow, Weelond is becoming the financial center of the Brick Seas!

I figured it was the most fitting place for an insurance company, at least, so perhaps! :pir-wink:

10 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

The town council might ask you to cut those weeds, though. :pir-grin:

Doesn't the council take care of this? Then what am I paying taxes for? :pir-tongue:

9 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Do you insure warships (or anything other than trading vessels)?  And if so, do you still charge them based solely on their trading proceeds?  If so, expect a lot of business from me! :grin:

Oh, and make that two questions - what about free ships (especially where the builder already has more ships so they won't be getting that free ship back [whatever exactly are the rules there, anyways?  Can't remember what we changed/didn't change :pir-grin:])?  I assume they would work the same as all other ships, but just wanted to make sure! :pir-wink:

I will insure warships, but that would require a different renumeration. Thanks for the heads-up. :pir-tongue: For free ships, that is all the same to me. If I get 1/3 of trading proceeds, it can be insured.

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

Damn you Corries! You capped the ship insurance idea before us!!!

I see no problem in a little competition! ;) Perhaps someone else can do it cheaper? ;)

12 hours ago, Bregir said:

I see no problem in a little competition! ;) Perhaps someone else can do it cheaper? ;)

I like where this is going to :laugh:

Could we also invest 1000 DB into the venture to also profit from it? I could see this being profitable once it starts:D

31 minutes ago, Legostone said:

Could we also invest 1000 DB into the venture to also profit from it? I could see this being profitable once it starts:D

I am really hoping that the business will prove sustainable by itself, so I really don't need to dilute my investment. Sooo, get your filthy green hands out of my business venture! :pir-tongue:

Also, I had hoped to get in a few deals for this MRCA, but events appear to have overtaken me! (Or perhaps there simply is no demand at my price)

Just now, Bregir said:

I am really hoping that the business will prove sustainable by itself, so I really don't need to dilute my investment. Sooo, get your filthy green hands out of my business venture! :pir-tongue:

Also, I had hoped to get in a few deals for this MRCA, but events appear to have overtaken me! (Or perhaps there simply is no demand at my price)

I also think the availability of licenses compared to ships dilutes the market a bit:P

Just now, Legostone said:

I also think the availability of licenses compared to ships dilutes the market a bit:P

Well, you can't sistership a vessel onto a captured license. (For obvious IC reasons)

Wow... this went from discussion to build in a hurry! I generally prefer interiors but as facades go it looks really good. The colors are nice and the soaring front is cool, especially the inverted arch pieces. And its appearance definitely fits the style of Weelond. Hope the venture does well. :thumbup:

30 minutes ago, Captain Dee said:

Wow... this went from discussion to build in a hurry! I generally prefer interiors but as facades go it looks really good. The colors are nice and the soaring front is cool, especially the inverted arch pieces. And its appearance definitely fits the style of Weelond. Hope the venture does well. :thumbup:

Thank you, sir.

Perhaps someone will sign up for this MRCA? :) *crosses fingers*