Vaionaut

[MOC] Liberator-Class Starfighter UCS

Hi,

here's another one of my recent MOCs.

It's a Liberator-class starfighter from Star Wars: The Old Republic in UCS size.
The Galactic Republic used it against the Sith Empire, which also knew it as Talon Fighter.

The wings can be folded to two positions (similar to the U-Wing from Rogue One).
This design allows it to be used like an interceptor with the speed of an A-Wing or a starfighter with the firepower of an X-Wing.

Hope you like it :)

29261894002_2f531de286_b.jpg
Liberator-class Starfighter UCS by Vaionaut, on Flickr

29261878402_986274dc57.jpg   28748746083_de9491c99f.jpg

29370056665_a1a9af8250.jpg   29370057905_9c8ca97567.jpg

29261898022_9d03d2a3b0_z.jpg

Although the Old Republic is not my cup of tea, I have to say that this starfighter looks very well designed, very good job! :thumbup:

That cockpit area is beautifully detailed btw

Very nice. I am wondering though, how did you make such a great sticker for it? Particularly the 'blueprint style' representation of the ship. Do you do that via LDD, or how? 

Very nice MOC.

Don't think I've come across this fighter before, had to find more images of it.

20 minutes ago, atlas said:

Very nice. I am wondering though, how did you make such a great sticker for it? Particularly the 'blueprint style' representation of the ship. Do you do that via LDD, or how? 

For stickers, I'm not sure how others do it, but I'll grab a picture off LDD, and then photoshop it through a few steps (greyscale, inverting image, dodge/colour functions, then sharpening etc). Similar to how you would do a pencil sketch off a picture.

Not a big fan of EU, but that a very nice model. You did a great and clean work. I appreciate that very much.

I would have only one slight suggestion : adding some kind of wedge plate between the LBG wedge 3x12 and the LBG slope 4x2  (on each side of the windscreen). This would give a bit more flow to the model.

But still, this is a very nice interpretation.

Love what you did with the ship, it looks super sleek! I was wondering if you would be willing to share the LDD file or some other form of instructions, so I could build it myself?

Ahh yes...familiar with that ship in SWTOR - very nicely done....love it.

I wonder - where can one get stickers like that for MOC's? I'll be needing one at the rate I'm going.

(Custom tailored hehe)