Hinckley

Pics of the Agents Line

Unsure if this new piece has been noticed, but is that a chainsaw-arm on the bad guy in the snow set?

Unsure if this new piece has been noticed, but is that a chainsaw-arm on the bad guy in the snow set?

It has ;-) However that doesnt make it any less interesting, or up for a discussion though.

Seems like its a rather adaptable arm - you could shove all kinds of things in there I bet :-P

Better than expected.

Everyone's already pointed out the great minifig parts/ accessories and the cute new pieces. I think the swamp one is a must have just for the 2 dark green crocs!

For me the vehicles are a bit 'meh', but I can see that little kids would love 'em. I agree with whoever said it's like Alpha Team meets Batman. This theme is kind of campy - riding on the wave of a Bond movie release late in 08 maybe?

It's funny that KK2 got kicked for having campy colour-coordinated knight figs in candy colours, but a lot of people seem to like these Agents pics for just as campy cyborg spider-figs, super-bright vehicles, laserised sharks, and remote control crocs!

Anyone know what the power function is in the big truck set?

All I want are some sharks with frickin' lazer beams on their heads!

Well, at least Dr. Evil is happy with this line.

Is it just me or does LEGO have that one horrible design team that everyone is afraid to fire? After Alpha Team and Dino Attack, you would think that they would realize that the generic action sets need something more. Instead the design has dropped a peg. These sets look incredibly bland IMO.

I just noticed something, in the top right corner of each box, there is a pic of what the "Agents" are trying to retreive.

In Mission 1, it appears to be gold. In Mission 2, a diamond. Mission 3, a map. Mission 4, no idea what that is, but the comic shows the villain has a metal jaw, sweet. Mission 5, that cool laptop. and Mission 6, a person.

I'm liking these more now, they have a few stupid things in it, but overall I love the campy atmosphere and over-the-top villains and vehicles. Plus they are great parts packs and include heaps of cool new elements and animals *wub*

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

It seem's there's a new gun mold in Mission 1.

I think it's just the new Star Wars blasters with a Technic Axel Connecter piece placed in the front.

I also think this should be in "Other Themes," as I do not know how this is related to Lego Trains or Town *wacko*

It seem's there's a new gun mold in Mission 1.

I think they're just standard batman pistols with an added piece not a whole new mold.

I saw these a while ago but thought someone already posted them. Sorry if you were dying to see them, when you could have seen them 2 weeks ago...

But anyways, yeah. These aren't bad... they aren't nescasarily good either though. Most look like other lines, instead of the "agent" esque crap it should be. Still, not bad.

-ZotS

No new weapondry... Only a New Shark...

Awesome anyway! There Perfect for me since there just mixed Machines, Cars, Guns and Money!!! *sweet*

Good Going Lego!

Actually if u look harder there is a cople new guns nothin major though

Hmmm. :-/ A few things are great, others not so, but the parts make them all worth it.

8690: The first thing I noticed is the man sitting in the truck. He has pearl-gold hair and a pearl-gold gun! *wub* On top of that, the other man in the back of the truck has two guns that look very similar to Captain Fordo's dual guns in SW clone wars. Maybe they'll use the same thing for him, if we get him. 8-

Honestly, I like these a lot! To me, they're everything Alpha team wasn't: decent parts packs, cool designs, and good values overall. And I don't mind that the vehicles are oversized, either, as I didn't have a problem with it when we got Lego Batman. ;-)

Umm... Is it just me, or does the hair look odd for Lego? At least some of it?

Also, it's too much of a rip-off, it looks just like James Bond and so many other movies/books.

Man what an interesting new series is all I can say.

8630: Jet looks pretty cool, but that ATV is ugly and then some. Looks like there might be a suspension system of sorts, or at least some other reason for it's height. Plenty of gold though

8631: I imagine a lot of people will buy mulitples of this set for the arm feature. Not a great set. The Rotar pack looks ok, but not great.

8632: The idea seems good enough, but not well executed if you ask me. I would have prefered a smaller bike and a slightly bulkier swamp outpost. Cool barbed wire pieces though

8633: The pick of the sets if you ask me. Sharks look wicked, and definently worth buying, just for the 'sharks with frickin laser beams attached' all it takes is a little modding and it'll look just like the Austin Powers III ones. I actually quite like the boat to a degree, and combined with the new hair piece for the girl (is that the same one in the truck set? They look the same) price depending I very well could fork out for this set

8634: Reminds me of the Batman set with the tank and gate. Looks ok, but that car is huuge. Laptop looks a bit big too if you ask me. Spideyman is interesting though

8635: Looks like a lot is happening in this set. Not the best looking truck in the world, but I'm digging the black dingy and that thing in the top right hand corner.

Overall, not a series I'll buy a lot of, out of them all only 8633 appeals enough to consider buying, but I'll definently be looking to pick up a lot of the new pieces if I don't.

I am sorry, was out tonight and I am joining late.. so it was mentioned before

but the only, the ONLY thing I can think about is this ...

when I go to bed now, in my dreams, and highly possible to be the first thing I think about when I wake up...

X-D

and well, something like military... count me in at once..! :'-) But ... emm... this is a bit too colorful and <insert that tiresome argument>. I 'd prefer something like Advance Wars but that is another topic, in it?

I am just glad I will save even more money and have more financial power for customizing minifigs,

cause this line is so not my piece of cake! hehe... :-) Uahaha... financial power... (evil laugh disappears...)

Zzz to sleep...

As I look closer at these sets, the hype of my first glance seems to be fading away.. :-( however, I still am a little fond of these. I especially am excited for bomb-strapped crocodiles, chainsaw arms, and sharks with fricken laser beams attached to their heads! X-D

i see what you mean but some of the weapons are from batman and those people didn't think were violent. Same with star wars the new sniper is in the jet truck chase thing and people didn't think star wars ones were voilent. Although maybe something about the story will change peoples minds. like thier laser guns instead or somethan.

Exellent point. I've noticed that if its a paticular line that people like, the'll make every excuse in the book to claim that its not asociated with violence. Not quoting anyone in paticular, just from what i've seen with batman, star wars and indie threads etc.

I'm stating to like these sets the more i look at them. I'm seeing more and more usable parts, and tones more mocing possibilites. I think this was a good move for lego.

On a side note its very interesting to see the positive remarks this linehas gotten now that people have seen pics of the hole line than just one blurry pic. Not sayingthis line is perfect, but it seems to be getting more positive remarks than the first thread would have suggjested.

Wow, nice pics! At least we have a preview on how Agents series will look like!

Having mixed feelings about this theme, seemed to be kind of wierd. Mini-figs as usual quite less in number.

New cool vehicles concepts, but not much real weapons except for e usuals =x

Maybe when i am able to see more new images, it will not cloud my thoughts! :-P

I...I was expecting more from the figs. In my opinion, they're just recycled alpha team figs with new uniforms. The villains... they could be alot better. In my opinion, the chainsaw arm looks ugly.