Kai NRG

Mini-Challenge: The King's Demise - Results Published

The King’s Demise – Eslandola Mini-Challenge!

On the 3rd of November, 616, King Fernando Augusto VIII put his hand to the ground breaking Magna Charta of Eslandola!  This Magna Charta guarantees each citizen his rights, and also provides for the restructuring of the Eslandian government in accord with the will of the people.  The signing took place, amid much acclaim, outside of Terreli's Council of Trade headquarters.  As to how the King was induced to sign, well, that will be revealed shortly!

30125770994_0f05a288d3.jpg

Many Eslandians are wondering how the King takes this change.  Is he not sorry, after all, to have the burden of government removed from his shoulders – since he keeps the title, and the palace too?  Or is he fuming with rage, throwing one nightcap after another at his unfortunate servitors?

What about Eslandola’s Trade Companies?  Are they pleased with the decision to restructure the government, or were they hoping it would just be turned over to them, no questions asked?

More importantly, what about you?  What’s your reaction to this Magna Charta?  Are you glad, sorry, excited, or bored stiff?

Show us!

Category I: King Fernando’s Reaction

• Let us know what King Fernando is doing about this!  Is he moping over his breakfast in bed?  Or is he dancing on the balcony?  You tell us!
  • Maximum size is 8x8, with limited overhang.
  • Open to all BoBS members.
  • You are not required to show the King in your build, but it is recommended.  Get creative though – he can be hiding under the bed covers, with only a nightcap sticking out!
  • Your build must include at least one brick in three out of these four colors: olive green, orange, dark red, and purple.
  • LDD builds are permitted but will not be eligible for physical prizes.
  • Due to the size of this category and its location in the Old World, these MOCs cannot be licensed.
  • Deadline: November 30th.
  • Prize: #41577 Mysto

30715455126_421c90dd39_m.jpg

• Garmadon and Kai NRG reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.

Category II: The Trade Companies’ Reactions

• Show us what sort of reaction your Trade Company has to the current state of affairs.  Are you plotting in secret, or throwing a magnificent celebration?  If you don’t belong to a TC, get together with a group of in-character friends for your entry.
  • Maximum size 256 studs (16x16) in any orientation, with limited overhang.
  • Open to Eslandola’s members only.
  • Builds in this category may be licensed if they comply with the EGS rules.
  • Prize: #70599 Cole’s Dragon

30451668220_e968daafb6_m.jpg

• Garmadon and Kai NRG reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.

Category III: Your Sigfig's Reaction

• What do you think about the latest developments?  Did it hit you like a bucket of cold water on a cold day?  Or was it like a bucket of cold water on a hot day?  Here’s your chance to let the world know!  Spread the joy with a round of parties, or work off your anger fighting Mardierians!  Are you rushing for Nova Terreli to discuss the nation's future, or are you going to take a vacation to Weelond where you can just chill out after the political stress of the last few months?  Build it!
  • Maximum size 1024 studs (32x32) in any orientation, with minimal overhang.
  • Open to any BoBS member. 
  • Builds in this category may be licensed if they comply with the EGS rules.
  • Prize: #70601 Sky Shark

30715453736_28666695c7_m.jpg

Garmadon and I will soon be setting up a discussion thread for Eslandian members to chime in with their ideas and suggestions as to the revamping of the political structure of New Eslandola!

Happy building!

Thanks for the entries folks, and the contest is now closed!  Garmadon and I will judge and announce the results as soon as we can!

And, without all the ado generally made when the results of a contest are announced - which of course, I know, everyone just skips anyways, :laugh:

The Winners are:

Category I: Sir Stig, The Kings Hunting Cabin

Runner-up: Capt Wolf, The King in his Garden

Category II: Captain Braunsfeld, ETWC: Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

Runner-up: Well, um, Captain Braunsfeld, ETWC: Celebrate Good Times, Come On! :grin:

Category III: SilentWolf, Micah's Reaction

Runner-up: Maxim I, Developments at the Small Palace of Trador

Thanks a lot for all the entries, guys, and hope you all enjoyed it!  Congratulations to the winners, and if the first placers could PM Kai and/or me your addresses, we'll get those prizes shipped out to you :thumbup:  Thanks again, and keep on building! :pir-wink: :pir-sweet:

Great little contest, and wonderful entries all around. Congrats to the winners! Well done, all! :pir-blush:

Congratulations to the other winners :pir-grin:  And thanks to all the other participants. Great contest, Garm and Kai. 

10 hours ago, Lego4366 said:

Who made the moc with the king's bed on the front page?

Looks like you already found it, but in case anyone else is asking the question - here!

On 12/20/2016 at 5:50 AM, Kai NRG said:

Looks like you already found it, but in case anyone else is asking the question - here!

Yeah, sorry. I'm new to this site, i don't have everything figured out quite yet. ;)

3 minutes ago, Lego4366 said:

Yeah, sorry. I'm new to this site, i don't have everything figured out quite yet. ;)

No problem!  It never hurts to ask!  (At least, not very often. :pir-grin: )