Sign in to follow this  
Sariel

T-34/85 "Rudy" Tank

Excellent work Sariel!

Looks very realistic at this scale

Nice build, but I really do not like the sticker with "Rudy" lettering. I am sure you could have sticked it to the surface much, much better.

Great work, anyway.

What an excellent model! For the gun barrel, could you have used 3mm tubing to give increase the rigidity and or flexibility?

It already has a 4L bar inside connecting it to the turret. LEGO doesn't get much more rigid than that unless I use a Trains metal axle or something.

It weighs 1.3 kg. Full specs are at my website, link is in the first post.

what motors did it use for drive? it had quite impressive speed, I'm really curious!

what motors did it use for drive?

The link to the complete description of the model, including motors, suspension, photos and whatnot is in the first post. I guess I should make it with flashing neon letters next time...

Truly awesome tank, looks amazing and I really love that multi-functional turret, thanks for sharing :)

Nice model and cool video, thanks for sharing your version of the most successful tank of all times!

Impressive how you managed to put all these functions into the turret at this scale (!) and how well it performs on the old tracks!

Must necessarily be built from Lego War Machine?

I am not okay with that.

Sorry but I stand by it ....

I agree with your general opinion and I don´t care about TLC policy about “military toys” because they have overflooded their portfolio with tons of aggressive shooters and destroyers in most of the themes, especially in the last decade. It seems they really think this move has saved them from bankruptcy. Being a mature pacifist myself I don´t like war and the glorifying of it. I´m a father of several kids who are interested in just everything. They shouldn´t get fascinated by war movies / games or any war machine (or even its replica) in their early years already. Having built a few tanks earlier too (including a T34 with a gun barrel out of a pen pipe), besides the lack of time that´s why I don´t build military vehicles anymore.

Despite this I like the appearance, pragmatic design, performance and the mechanics of a tank because it´s usually simple and logical (russian more than german) and show the immense progress of technical development and engineering of that short particular time. A Lego tank isn´t much more than a toy and can´t do any harm (except to hamsters). Its bodywork can be built faster than of a supercar because of its squarish shapes.

Edited by brunojj1

I am total agree with Brunojj1.

Absoltute great looking and working model Paul :thumbup: .

Edited by Edwin Korstanje