Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

As long as the Rathtar isn't built into the wall like in the doctor strange set I don't mind if he's brick built. (Still hoping for new mould though)

49 minutes ago, Forresto said:

No problem! It's actually to many of our consternation that the Star Wars theme hasn't gotten much if any (I can't think of any) dual molds and a lot of figures would benefit from this. Ackbar, Rebel troopers (they have short sleeves on their jackets that look like shoulder pads a little), General Calrissian (same as rebel trooper.), and grey pants with black boots should be mandatory on most Imperial Officer figures at least the named ones such as Tarkin. 

However that's for another thread. 

Agreed. I do wish LEGO would use dual molds on the Star Wars line. Especially now they are so prevalent in the Lego Batman Movie sets and CMFs. 

Although the dark bley legs with black boots are easy to find in large quantities on BL. I quickly replaced all my Imp Officers with boots.

I always thought they didn't give us dual molding in the SW line, because they can keep it as a new gimmick to sell all the rehashes again. 

Well, if they start next wave, they should start with Bossk, he will benefit so much from the dual moldings. 

What other jedi masters don't have the normal lego eyes treatment? Is Ayla the last one?

13 hours ago, makoy said:

One of them is definitely 4-LOM because he looks like AP-5 (which is an RA-7 protocol droid)... not sure how they will make it more like a LOM series droid using the same mould. I hope they will include a new head mould for 4-LOM.

I really hope they are not using the RA-7 head for 4-LOM, but it is probably just a placeholder. I expect him to look like he did in the Yoda Chronicles.

zLAQ5Qb.png

28 minutes ago, Borex said:

What other jedi masters don't have the normal lego eyes treatment? Is Ayla the last one?

Many, Mundi is one that they did with the cw face but no 'real' face yet.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

6 hours ago, wesker said:

Dissapointing news for Australians - the Landspeeder, A-Wing, Phantom and Desert Skiff won't be coming to retailers here. It really makes me wonder how much of the Summer wave we're actually going to see or if the Episode 8 wave is the best we can hope for. :sceptic:

Any reason why? I didn't think they were exclusives of any sort.

25 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Any reason why? I didn't think they were exclusives of any sort.

Landspeeder, Deset Skiff and A-Wing are all exclusive sets, but Phantom isn't.

16 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Landspeeder, Deset Skiff and A-Wing are all exclusive sets, but Phantom isn't.

Has it really been confirmed Skiff and Landspeeder are?

53 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Many, Mundi is one that they did with the cw face but no 'real' face yet.

Shaak Ti, Ki-Adi Mundi, Young Ahsoka, Even Piell, and Eeth Koth.

5 minutes ago, just2good said:

Has it really been confirmed Skiff and Landspeeder are?

Nothing has been confirmed but these sets aren't in new 2017 catalog so I suppose they are, but I might be wrong.

1 hour ago, TheBear said:

I really hope they are not using the RA-7 head for 4-LOM, but it is probably just a placeholder. I expect him to look like he did in the Yoda Chronicles.

Yeah I don't see them using that head, it's way too off, that Yoda Chronicles head is amazing! 

In any case Just2good is gonna have to switch from Twitch to 4-LOM as is emblem, progress demands it!

1 minute ago, RetroInferno said:

In any case Just2good is gonna have to switch from Twitch to 4-LOM as is emblem, progress demands it!

Further confirming this youtube theory:

Also disclaimer @just2good I was just joking about this video :tongue:

28 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Nothing has been confirmed but these sets aren't in new 2017 catalog so I suppose they are, but I might be wrong.

Skiff and landspeeder were in the leaked retail catalogue, were they not? Retail exclusives are not listed in them from what I've seen.

Not surprised Australia didn't get the Phantom 2.0 as none of the rebels made it into release here second half last year except the frigate, Vaders Tie versus A-wing and Capt Rex's AT-TE didn't make it here either.

As the show is only shown on Pay TV I guess kids weren't seeing it as much as CW.

17 hours ago, darththeling said:

This is what the Lego rathtar should look like, if the design used by the Lego Video Game is any indication:

2e4b443.jpg

Wasn't both the new rancor and dewback first shown in this animated style before release in real, physical form? I do realize that we have yet to see the bantha materialize in a kit yet... I remain hopeful that whatever brick built stand-in exists in these prelims because the new mold isn't ready.

I totally agree. The rathtar doesn't even need to be that big, it just needs holes for the tentacles. If it does end up being brick built, I'll be really disappointed. If Lego is going to do a Rathtar set, they need to go all out. It would be like if they made the rancor set with a brick-built rancor! This was the main set I was looking forward to this summer, and if the facts are true, Lego blew its chance...

Edited by GryffindorResistance

10 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

The Luggabeast was also brickbuilt.....so no big surprise if the Rathtar is this as well...right?

A mix of brickbuilt and molded would be nice… like the Luggabeast

6 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

The Luggabeast was also brickbuilt.....so no big surprise if the Rathtar is this as well...right?

Hmmmm.... partial credit. The luggabeast was indeed mostly brick - but it also had animal legs

Taking a longer look at the image of the rathtar in the video game I find it odd that they would add tentacles with what appears to be lines indicating where each individual tentacle is connected. Why would they do that unless it was also going to be realized in physical form? I.e. look at the connection with the tentacle that goes through the "YOU" in the poster. 

And WHAT pray tell is that blue grey thing sticking out of it's mouth? I would almost expect it to be an action feature of some sort. I do love Forresto's sphere shaped solution. I'd like one x2 bigger, possibly even larger. It really should be able to "eat" a minifig!

On a side note, my condolences to all the Lego fans down under who are gonna miss the chance on some kits this coming summer wave. That's terrible. I know you guys overpay for your kits already. Yeesh - if Star Wars Lego starts doing regional exclusives (so far the final planet series is the only one I recall), we're screwed.  

1 minute ago, darththeling said:

On a side note, my condolences to all the Lego fans down under who are gonna miss the chance on some kits this coming summer wave. That's terrible. I know you guys overpay for your kits already. Yeesh - if Star Wars Lego starts doing regional exclusives (so far the final planet series is the only one I recall), we're screwed.  

It sucks. But hey, their problem. They don't get my money.

On 10/01/2017 at 10:01 AM, Kevii23 said:

In stores.

Just took a look:

75166 Battle Pack - 2 FO Stormtroopers with some sort of shield, Flametrooper and officer in a vehicle.

75167 Battle Pack - Dengar, Bossk, IG88 and a droid 4-Lom? (looks like AP-5 from Rebels). Build is some sort of Speederbike.

75180 Rathtar Escape - Big playset (at least 2 times the size of Jakku/Takodana) with 6 minifigs (Han Solo, Chewbacca, an officer (?) and 3 Death Gang members. The build is to represent the Eravana interior. 

75178 Jakku Quadjumper - Big ship which looks just like in the movie/art books. Rey, Finn, BB-8, FO Stormtrooper and someone else (don't remember). 

75182 Republic Fighter Tank 
75183 Darth Vader Transformation

75187 (could have been another setnumber) was blacked out but is coming in the summer. 

Didn't have a good look at the Freemaker sets but they are the big ones of this wave. 

2017 Advent Calender - BB8 as santa, Unkar thug and OT Stormtrooper minifigs with an AT-ST build. 

Episode 8 will have at least 6 sets (were  blacked out).  

Overall the sets look good! You can say that there is nothing 'new' or exciting, but what we get looks way better than sets like Takodana, Jakku and FO Snowspeeder.

In the rathtar set is old Han the same as MF set or new version? 

2 minutes ago, BS2015 said:

In the rathtar set is old Han the same as MF set or new version? 

It'd likely be blurry preliminary images, so he probably wouldn't be able to tell.

Well the bounty hunter battle pack really is a must buy for me.  The fact that we get four of the most iconic bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe (Imo) in such a cheap set still amazes me!  Here's hopping Zuckuss turns up at some point in the near future.