Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Yeah, the prices are a little worse than expected in Germany, too - the A-Wing is 50 and the Phantom is 40, the rest 30. US prices don't have to be the same, of course, but the price point for the A-Wing makes it really hard for me to buy it, no matter how good it looks...

Lando in an A-wing set doesn't make that much sense anyway IMO (and I'm fine with that). 

Well, there's a scene with Lando in a rebel hangar in ROTJ - with crewmen and A-Wings in the background. So unlike other character-vehicle combinations we've seen in sets, this one actually met!

My. Flipping. Word.

Awesome builds! Nice pieces in exciting new colours! Cheap ways to get like all of the main OT characters (Excluding Leia and Vader)! THRAWN!!!
Is this opposite day?

The most underwhelming wave in years. Yet another A-Wing, exactly like last year's but in a different colour, yet another speeder almost exactly like the one from the cantina set two years ago, with the same figures plus a tusken to lure us suckers who dont have one yet, yet another skiff ... yawn, yawn, yawn. Thank god for the stormtrooper battlepack at least.

£39.99 for the new Phantom is outrageous, the Desert Skiff has a higher piece count and is £10 cheaper. SW sets have always been on the more expensive side but this is borderline ridiculous! 

So is it all but confirmed that the we wont be getting the usual four battlepacks this wave, but the other two will be in summer? Would love some clones and droids, but Imperial Super Commandos seems likely.

14 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

£39.99 for the new Phantom is outrageous, the Desert Skiff has a higher piece count and is £10 cheaper. SW sets have always been on the more expensive side but this is borderline ridiculous! 

It is, but we're gonna buy it regardless for Thrawn and they know that. But the fact that his rank insignia is wrong makes it a lot less tempting for me.

1 minute ago, Calanon said:

It is, but we're gonna buy it regardless for Thrawn and they know that. But the fact that his rank insignia is wrong makes it a lot less tempting for me.

Ha, good point. Guess I'll be waiting for a discount on it though. 

So that's the Phantom (sooner or later), Duel on Naboo, Yoda's Starfighter, and Y-Wing for me from this wave. Would like to see an AT-ACT at some point.

25 minutes ago, Calanon said:

Yup - the A-Wing looks good, but the set is expensive because of Lando, not because of the build. The Phantom looks good too...but it's expensive because of Thrawn.

Exclusive/sought after minifigs will always be milked with higher prices.

How on Earth is the Phantom £39.99? How is the A-Wing £45? TLG are raising the prices just for Thrawn and Lando. I was planning to pick up he A-Wing, the Phantom and the Bunker Battle. I'm dreading the price of the Bunker Battle.

40 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Ha, good point. Guess I'll be waiting for a discount on it though. 

So that's the Phantom (sooner or later), Duel on Naboo, Yoda's Starfighter, and Y-Wing for me from this wave. Would like to see an AT-ACT at some point.

Surprised we didn't see a AT-ACT actually. I guess Rogue One just yields a lot of great set opportunities thanks to it's military theme. I'd imagine we'll see a Rogue One X-Wing and AT-ACT in the same wave in the near future.

I need that A-wing now. Welcome back Lando, we missed you.

The Skiff is neat too and I might get it just so I can replace my Freezing Chamber Han with one that has the new hair.

I don't understand the there seem to be more people here being upset buy the ranking insignia of thrawn and the colour of Lando's shirt rather the totally meager sets... some sw lego fans are just totally loco, that's the only way I can perceive it. 

Just saw the prices in Swedish at the lego store, at least they ain't got any higher from last winter release and no access until the 1st january it seems like. 

11 minutes ago, BrickLord123 said:

How on Earth is the Phantom £39.99? How is the A-Wing £45? TLG are raising the prices just for Thrawn and Lando. I was planning to pick up he A-Wing, the Phantom and the Bunker Battle. I'm dreading the price of the Bunker Battle.

Are you basing those prices on the Netherlands prices posted earlier? Some countries (NL being one) get it pretty hard when it comes to pricing so it's not a simple "-5 to get the price in pounds". For instance all £20 pound sets from this year are €35 on the Dutch S@H, whereas they're €25 on the Irish one. I wouldn't get out the pitchforks until official pricing comes through.

5 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I don't understand the there seem to be more people here being upset buy the ranking insignia of thrawn and the colour of Lando's shirt rather the totally meager sets... some sw lego fans are just totally loco, that's the only way I can perceive it. 

Just saw the prices in Swedish at the lego store, at least they ain't got any higher from last winter release and no access until the 1st january it seems like. 

It's a lot easier to build something better than it is to give Thrawn the correct rank insignia. Plus, I'm pretty okay with most of the sets themselves.

5 minutes ago, Mark1006 said:

Are you basing those prices on the Netherlands prices posted earlier? Some countries (NL being one) get it pretty hard when it comes to pricing so it's not a simple "-5 to get the price in pounds". For instance all £20 pound sets from this year are €35 on the Dutch S@H, whereas they're €25 on the Irish one. I wouldn't get out the pitchforks until official pricing comes through.

I suppose he checked the UK S@H as they probably have prices on the site. 

Before the outbreak starts, I compared this wave with the winter waves of the last years:

- Yoda's SF contains MORE pieces than those of Obi Wan & Anakin. So you get the same amount of figures & more parts for the same price.
- It contains just 10-20 pieces less than the Desert skiff & the Phantom II, which cost 5-10 bucks more. Especially in European countries this makes a difference ($40-45 instead of $30).
- Other than the latter two sets & the Landsspeeder, the prices stay the same.
- The Landspeeder hasn't even 150 parts but costs $ 25 in the US & $30 in Germany. However you get 4 figures - but this is still one of the worst ppp/ratio I can remember.

Just now, Kaijumeister said:

Correct, the UK S@H seems to have most of the 2017 sets listed as "Coming Soon" with their respective prices, not basing it on currency conversion.

My bad, should have looked past the first 2 pages before deciding that they weren't up.

I wholly agree then. The A-Wing is £25 more than Yoda's Interceptor for less than 100 more pieces. That's pretty cheeky.

Well I've just checked the prices in CHF, and the A-wing got me shocked....60 CHF for 358 pieces??? This is crazy. Even for Lego SW...

26 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Before the outbreak starts, I compared this wave with the winter waves of the last years:

- Yoda's SF contains MORE pieces than those of Obi Wan & Anakin. So you get the same amount of figures & more parts for the same price.
- It contains just 10-20 pieces less than the Desert skiff & the Phantom II, which cost 5-10 bucks more. Especially in European countries this makes a difference ($40-45 instead of $30).
- Other than the latter two sets & the Landsspeeder, the prices stay the same.
- The Landspeeder hasn't even 150 parts but costs $ 25 in the US & $30 in Germany. However you get 4 figures - but this is still one of the worst ppp/ratio I can remember.

Part count is really not the best measure of whether a set is worth its price, especially with smaller sets where the minifigs are the main selling point. Yoda's starfighter will definitely be a smaller build than Obi-Wan's and Anakin's, and the Landspeeder builds into a decently sized model with twice the amount of minifigures.

The a-wing pilot doesn't seem to be green leader, he looks like the a-wing pilot that got into the Death Star, Jake Farell. 

That new landspeeder set going for 25 is a bit steep considering I got the cantina set for 55 a year and a half ago.  That's like getting the cantina building the dew back a sand stormy the band and han and greedo for 30.

Ok... so in Norway the new A-Wing is €66. Did not see that coming to be honest.

Same number of minifigures and less pieces than the Imperial hovertank, yet 50% more expensive.

So, price points. £20 for the Landspeeder, Duel of the Fates and Yoda's Fighter. Not bad at all! All 3 sets come with great builds, and great figs. Desert Skiff is at a reasonable price point too, about what I would've expected for 270-ish pieces. A-Wing at £45... Eh, a little pricey, but it's not too bad, and I'm sure I can get it discounted at £40. But here lies my only problem with this wave. £40 for the Phantom. Look, that's a great set, has great figs, but that's ridiculous. LEGO are known for pushing up their prices sometimes as far as they can stretch them, but they've snapped the rubber band and stretched it on the racks. That's a disgusting price, even for LEGO. My inner fanboy commands me to get the set for Thrawn, but not at that price. I'll have to wait for a discount or save up my VIP Points. I understand Thrawn is a highly desired, popular minifig, but that price is extortionate for what the set is - honestly, £35 I would've thought they would've bumped the price up to. Very disappointed and angry at LEGO for bumping the price point up so high.