Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Let me correct/adjust/amend what I typed earlier.

I updated the post, yes. The source has chosen to remain nameless, and I have chosen to respect their wish.

Yes, I trust this person 100%.

No, the site was not hacked.

Guys, can I have a link to what are you talking about? I really tried to search but without success, I'm too high lately ^_^. Please help =D!

Let me correct/adjust/amend what I typed earlier.

I updated the post, yes. The source has chosen to remain nameless, and I have chosen to respect their wish.

Yes, I trust this person 100%.

No, the site was not hacked.

...and that there is all the answer anyone should need.

I never doubted the info but it's still good to have clarification.

Any way the Rebels set with Kanan and Thrawn is day one purchase for me.

My only problem with this list is that Boba Fett is in another set... He used to be rare and now he's not really anymore. I don't know to me I feel like he's losing value.

That's my favorite thing. And I hope he's fully printed, like the UCS Slave I version.

Exactly. Luke is the entire reason for that kind of set. Artoo and Yoda barely interact aside from the lamp incident, and Luke is all over that scene. It has to be an error.

Disagree. It's Yoda's Hut, so in my opinion Yoda (and his hut) are the entire reason for the set.

I hope they'll finally chuck a Bantha somewhere in there as well, but a Tusken in another set alone is great to have. It will drag down the BL prices, if anything.

Yes, I desperately need a Bantha.

I'm really hoping for a big set with a good sized x wing included.

They could put one in the Yoda's Hut set. I think that would make it bigger and more expensive than either of the X-Wing sets currently available, but it could be done. Besides, we could use an OT X-Wing, even if it is covered in swamp plants. It's more likely they give us half an X-Wing sticking out of a bog, though.

I'd cut my entire lower body off just to get that Duel of the Fates set.

I'd do it just to get the awesome robot legs. But yeah, that set does sound cool.

Edited by x105Black

Anyone think the current olive green Yoda just doesn't really fit the PT version as well?

Guys, can I have a link to what are you talking about? I really tried to search but without success, I'm too high lately ^_^. Please help =D!

Just look at the first post of this thread, or click on the 'arrow' link below:

*snip*

Looking at the box-art of the Star Wars Advent Calendar I'm not surprised that there's a couple of Tatooine-based sets (including a mini-Skiff & Jabba's Palace). It would be great if the Landspeeder does include a Tusken Raider as the previous T-16 set was ridiculously priced in the UK, which limited the volumes available on Bricklink etc. It's one of the few figures in my opinion that was a vast improvement on the original and I'd really like to grab a few.

I'm a bit surprised by the lack of ESB or Cloud City sets though, I thought that the inclusion of a Bespin Security Guard & E-3PO in 75146 was a good sign of some other sets for 2017. Hopefully, there may be some other exclusives in the pipeline..... :look:

Thanks for the clarification Stash2Sixx. I hope we will get all details soon :)

Disagree. It's Yoda's Hut, so in my opinion Yoda (and his hut) are the entire reason for the set.

Well...I think most people would not agree. And I also think the play value of the set would be a lot higher if Luke is included.

@Stash2Sixx: You wrote "R2-D2, Yoda?". What does the "?" mean?

Edited by Robert_88

Hm, I'm not sure what to think of the list we have thus far, it simply includes too many redesigns of recent sets for my liking, especially the Landspeeder and the Desert Skiff (and possibly even a B-Wing). The Duel of the Fates and Yoda's Hut sets however seem like neat ideas to me and the RO sets surely won't disappoint either :sweet:

Well...I think most people would not agree. And I also think the play value of the set would be a lot higher if Luke is included.

I'm not saying the play value wouldn't be higher, it surely would, but the whole point of a Yoda's Hut set should be the hut and Yoda.

I'm not saying the play value wouldn't be higher, it surely would, but the whole point of a Yoda's Hut set should be the hut and Yoda.

Including Yoda is obvious but I think the point of such a set is to recreate the scene from the movie(s). But I think we will get Luke if they include really R2.

If it's only a hip update, it won't be too bad. Redesigning anything else though will be a pain, because other than hips the current design is perfect.

The current design, other than the hips, truly is perfect as it is now. New hips would be the icing on the cake, and they'd be in a cheap set too,

which means that any hips on the 2014 versions could be swapped quite easily. Bricklink's your friend, there. I personally am counting on seeing new hips.

Thanks for clarification. :sweet:

Now I'm even more excited for Duel of Fates. Rebels set with blind Kanan and Thrawn sounds interesting. I also hope one of unknown sets is from Freemaker Adventures as Graballa the Hutt, Raam and Baash are still missing in physical form.

I'm quite surprised that there is only one set from A New Hope next considering that next year is it's 40th anniversary. I'm thinking there will be at least a few more that will be revealed.

I will definitely be getting Duel of the Fates, Yoda's Hut, and Luke's Landspeeder.

I'm quite surprised that there is only one set from A New Hope next considering that next year is it's 40th anniversary. I'm thinking there will be at least a few more that will be revealed.

I will definitely be getting Duel of the Fates, Yoda's Hut, and Luke's Landspeeder.

Yeah, I'm surprised Han Solo isn't featured in any sets yet..

The final duel was rumored in fake lists every year...

Sounds almost too good to be true. The possibility to collect desired figs was veeery poor for most of the last waves.. Especially the winter waves..

& let's not forget that most sets of the winter wave are steadily cheap - so you'd get figs like Maul, Qui Gon Dagobah Luke, Thrawn, updated Kanan in sets between 25-50 bucks..

I fear there'll be less female figs though..

Yeah, I'm surprised Han Solo isn't featured in any sets yet..

He is featured in the Desert Skiff, but that's not A New Hope.

EDIT- Ninja'd

Edited by PickleManDan

According to our mysterious source, he's in the Desert Skiff set :wink:

Oh, I totally forgot about that. Oops! :wink:

The final duel was rumored in fake lists every year...

Sounds almost too good to be true. The possibility to collect desired figs was veeery poor for most of the last waves.. Especially the winter waves..

& let's not forget that most sets of the winter wave are steadily cheap - so you'd get figs like Maul, Qui Gon Dagobah Luke, Thrawn, updated Kanan in sets between 25-50 bucks..

I fear there'll be less female figs though..

The Winter wave is usually always light on female minifigures. Most of them don't show up until the second half of the year. But we still don't know whats coming in the Rogue One or second Rebels set so there's always the chance we'll see a couple in there. :classic:

There's still hope for the summer wave, but honestly I don't think Disney will make a big deal about the anniversary of ANH. I think they're more focused on the Sequel Trilogy and would rather promote the livelihood of that.

He is featured in the Desert Skiff, but that's not A New Hope.

EDIT- Ninja'd

...which means that we may be looking at two of the exact same figures from this year's Carbon Freeze set, with a Weequay and Chewie (who at least is in a smaller, cheaper set now) replacing the Ugnaught. :hmpf_bad:

Hopefully Boba will have printed arms this time... or a better gun... or a new jetpack! Something different than this year's Fett.