SilentWolf

[COR - FB] Trading with the Whole Village

Read previous entries here.

Sergeant Bolton has been busy negotiating with the Onondaga people for long term trade relationships. Chief Otetiani has responded the most favorably to Bolton's trade discussions and friendship though the overall perception among the natives has been favorable. One of the things Bolton has been learning is what the Onondaga people have to offer in trade. In the present, they have the ability to provide housing to the early settlers. They also have great knowledge of the agriculture that grows and the animals on the island. In the future, they wished to trade furs, bead jewelry, and meat with the Corlanders.

27121802775_93b64bd2eb_c.jpg

The younger generation learning how to string beads. Some haven't quite gotten it.

26847536960_9e237ef889_c.jpg

The Onondaga admire the horses.

27121797925_2ba3f8f74a_c.jpg

Preparing hides

26847533780_0e4a7163db_c.jpg

Local garden

26847535970_9d131b1016_c.jpg

Cooking for the tribe

27121799835_35d706a703_c.jpg

Hunting party leaving while younger boys wave and girls play with cornhusk dolls.

27053504221_30cff1dbe3_c.jpg

Second Overview

27053506531_c40dacb307_c.jpg

Edit: Total brick count of 8256. It kept crashing once I got about half of the fences up so I had to delete one of the longhouses in order to help out. Though in the end I just had to work a few at a time and resave. The large renders took on average 24 hours each in POV Ray, but the smaller scenes I used Bluerender on and they would take 20 minutes tops.

Edited by SilentWolf

Those longhouses are great, and this is a logical extension of that first build. And I love that you're doing a more historical/realistic approach to the age of exploration. Excellent!

Great build, the longhouse-design is really amazing!

Have to echo the others and mention those wonderful longhouses thumbup.gif Great tanning hides setup, and firepits too. I like that you showed the children's activities too pirate_classic.gif

Fantastic work here, especially with those longhouses! default_wubnew.gif The various activities going on are excellent too, I particularly like them preparing hides and the children stringing beads thumbup.gif

That looks like a cozy village, neat design on those tents! thumbup.gif

I do wonder why the fence has such an open structure, it doesn't seem to be defending much?

Great build, Silentwolf! I just commented on one of your other builds that it was my favourite, but I shall have to take that back! This is really great, and I like how you have overcome some of the right angles of LDD with some more dynamic minifig placement. This is a great build, and I like all the different activity going on, and the mere fact that we get to know more about the natives. I think this could easily be licensed as a large residence, or perhaps even extra large to get Elizabethville started?

Anyways, good build!

Oh, longhouses just gave birth to a whole village!!! And what a village indeed! This looks excellent! All these activities are so fitting and i especially like the bead stringing and the hides processing. And needless to say, the rendering is superb! What strikes me as odd is the fence around the village as i would go with 1x1 round bricks (totally unhistorical though) or without fence at all, but i cannot judge without seeing either first. All in all a village to dream of! Great work!

First, it was those unique longhouses. Now, we have a whole village!

Excellent idea, sir!

Those longhouses are great, and this is a logical extension of that first build. And I love that you're doing a more historical/realistic approach to the age of exploration. Excellent!

Someone commented on my original Longhouse with a historical link regarding how a village was set up and it fired the concept in my mind. Though when LDD kept crashing I was starting to rethink all the effort I had put into that village. In the end I think it turned out a reasonable representative of a real village per the historical drawings.

Have to echo the others and mention those wonderful longhouses thumbup.gif Great tanning hides setup, and firepits too. I like that you showed the children's activities too pirate_classic.gif

Fantastic work here, especially with those longhouses! default_wubnew.gif The various activities going on are excellent too, I particularly like them preparing hides and the children stringing beads thumbup.gif

The tanning of the hides turned out really well in my opinion. Each one seems in a different state of preparedness. The children and their activities created a lively aspect to the build. I noticed it was getting boring with the adult activities so the children really added a lot in my opinion. I also wanted to try and show a lot of activities.

Great build, Silentwolf! I just commented on one of your other builds that it was my favourite, but I shall have to take that back! This is really great, and I like how you have overcome some of the right angles of LDD with some more dynamic minifig placement. This is a great build, and I like all the different activity going on, and the mere fact that we get to know more about the natives. I think this could easily be licensed as a large residence, or perhaps even extra large to get Elizabethville started?

Anyways, good build!

Well obviously that other one was my best Lego build and this is my best LDD build. I will take them both! I took your advice from the Chief's Longhouse and aimed for the dynamic poses. It took a while to figure out in LDD but one I did it went pretty well and became one of the more enjoyable parts.

That looks like a cozy village, neat design on those tents! thumbup.gif

I do wonder why the fence has such an open structure, it doesn't seem to be defending much?

Oh, longhouses just gave birth to a whole village!!! And what a village indeed! This looks excellent! All these activities are so fitting and i especially like the bead stringing and the hides processing. And needless to say, the rendering is superb! What strikes me as odd is the fence around the village as i would go with 1x1 round bricks (totally unhistorical though) or without fence at all, but i cannot judge without seeing either first. All in all a village to dream of! Great work!

In my research I found drawings of two different styles of fencing. The one as shown here is more of a fortress style, while this one was designed with small trees stuck upright. I went with the poles in order to create the correct size per minifigure scale. It would have been nice if I could have gotten them closer together but that was not possible in Lego. I also had to remove some in order to complete the fence since LDD was crashing each time I tried to add another pole. I should have had only one entrance into the palisade, but I went with two to both help the build need less poles and to keep a consistency with the first build I had made.

Thanks everyone for the critique and compliments!