Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

15 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Just looked through Spooky Calendar Series, just out of Hallowe’en spirit. Boy, these spooky minifigures are great that Robert8 came up with ideas to design! I am hoping TLG would do another Halloween-themed series since Series 14 in 2015 becuase it’s a fun seires to collect!

My favorite minifigures:

1.) Werewolf Woman

2.) Spooky Tree Suit

3.) Headless Horseman

4.) Matching Costume Mom

5.) Mirror Ghost

6.) Ghost Rider 

The minifigure I mentioend above are what I hope to see in the future series. Personally, I would love to see a frightened minifigure with alternative two haunted, oil-coated portraits (one is competely nomral and oen pic deptics of a skeletal or ghost minifigure) in a future actual series. 

Those were so much fun to make

Werewolf Woman is also a favorite of mine. The 80s B horror movie vibes really work out with her, even if I shouldnt say it myself :blush: 

And what I said back in the day still stands: Can't believe we havent gotten a female werewolf yet. Not even in BAM.

Alzo Crazy Assistant, Bogeyman, Phantom and Invisible Man are among my all time favs

Edited by Robert8

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Those were so much fun to make

Werewolf Woman is also a favorite of mine. The 80s B horror movie vibes really work out with her, even if I shouldnt say it myself :blush: 

And what I said back in the day still stands: Can't believe we havent gotten a female werewolf yet. Not even in BAM.

Alzo Crazy Assistant, Bogeyman, Phantom and Invisible Man are among my all time favs

Werewolves are my favorite monster of all time. You are absolutely about 80s Horror Movie vibe!

I’m still waiting for TLG to make a female werewolf. I mean werewolves NEED to form their packs so female ones are welcomed to join. 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

For whatever it's worth, wolves don't have bazooms. Therefore, the transformation to a half-wolf form might render a lady werewolf physically indistinguishable from a dude werewolf, at least as long as the pants hold out. Meaning that the existing werewolf minifigs could be AFAP (Assigned Female At Playtime) while we wait for an official one.

Just now discovering this thread, and wanted to say how awesome I think it is! This was really great stuff that you obviously put a lot of time into, and you should be proud of the outcome! Sorry it’s over, but all good things come to an end, I s’ppose!

Oh man now you compared those two I wish Lego would add the fan to their CMF version, such a good idea

And Robert's fig has a better looking (and more historically accurate) wig, while TLG version has a more realistic dress print (court dresses at the time were open at the front with visible stomacher and petticoat), though a chihuahua as an accessory is questionable, small dogs were popular house pet at the time, but chihuahua, in 18th century France? A poodle would be better choice.

Someone in the other thread said the dog is probably meant to represent a Papillon, which was a popular breed in the French court.

The TLG version also gets points for the over-the-top cosmetics, which were very much en vogue.

My poor doddles :laugh: Of course TLG's is better.

Love how accurate this minifigure is: you can even remove the head!

19 hours ago, OMFGitsVico said:

Just now discovering this thread, and wanted to say how awesome I think it is! This was really great stuff that you obviously put a lot of time into, and you should be proud of the outcome! Sorry it’s over, but all good things come to an end, I s’ppose!

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Robert8

On 11/11/2017 at 6:46 PM, Captain Dee said:

...the French Queen is phenomenal...

@Robert8 After recently acquiring multiple copies of the Rococo Aristocrat I remembered your French Queen from past years and came back here to make the comparison only to see that @Eggyslav has already done it!

I like your colors slightly better, but I'm just glad they made something similar. Your original design is still great. Historical accuracy notwithstanding, I like the official hairpiece better only because it's monocolor and will work with other outfits.

And congrats on all that you did with this project.

I do hope Lego makes a male contemporary to this female aristocrat - that way we can recreate some of the vignettes at Versailles. LOL

On 1/26/2023 at 2:54 AM, hikouki said:

I do hope Lego makes a male contemporary to this female aristocrat - that way we can recreate some of the vignettes at Versailles. LOL

Hopefully a few BAM variations of the dress too.

Hello friends of the forum, as I promised Robert8 some time ago, I managed to get one of his creations that I liked the most (the steampunk boy) printed. I found an Italian company that printed the single minifigure for me for personal use and a graphic designer friend who completed the missing parts for me (because the minifigure is printed at 360°). I show you the first photos sent to me by the printers and when it arrives I will show you the complete minifigure. Let's start with Robert8's drawing and then the photos. A greeting!

Whats-App-Image-2023-02-21-at-12-02-34.jpg

Anteriore.jpg

Posteriore.jpg

Braccia.jpg

5 hours ago, ARTU said:

Hello friends of the forum, as I promised Robert8 some time ago, I managed to get one of his creations that I liked the most (the steampunk boy) printed. I found an Italian company that printed the single minifigure for me for personal use and a graphic designer friend who completed the missing parts for me (because the minifigure is printed at 360°). I show you the first photos sent to me by the printers and when it arrives I will show you the complete minifigure. Let's start with Robert8's drawing and then the photos. A greeting!

Whats-App-Image-2023-02-21-at-12-02-34.jpg

Anteriore.jpg

Posteriore.jpg

Braccia.jpg

What was the name of the company?

Here is the minifigure printed with the addition of the head, hair and shirt collar that I had already prepared for some time

1680192693899.jpg

1680192693891.jpg

1680192693883.jpg

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

51349376923_4bca259e3f_c.jpg

I am not sure that I would include this one, since the Series 25 Minifig is just a female esports player (yours is a more archetypal gamer girl/streamer). The others, however, definitely line up! 

Do you have a full list of all of your Minifigs that have made it into official series? 

11 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am not sure that I would include this one, since the Series 25 Minifig is just a female esports player (yours is a more archetypal gamer girl/streamer). The others, however, definitely line up! 

Hmm maybe...

11 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Do you have a full list of all of your Minifigs that have made it into official series? 

No yet, but I might make one