I've got another way for you to eliminate the 2.5 stud axles, but it requires the use of the old 4 stud long universal joints. If you take apart 1 new and 1 old u joint, you can then make 2 3.5 stud long hybrid joints.

That's actually a good idea, thanks for the tip.

Tried it and you can connect the end of one to the end of another with no problems

Progress update, I have been working one the front body work. I think it looks but I feel as if something is off, I think your eyes could help.

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Here is the new gear ratio.

800x600.jpg

Now, I'm not sure whether I should have a little Land Rover logo on the grill so please choose 1, 2, 3, or 4.

1 2 3 4

800x150.jpg

If you need the image in a higher resolution click here.

Looks great so far!

â„–4 for me looks more realistic

Now, I'm not sure whether I should have a little Land Rover logo on the grill so please choose 1, 2, 3, or 4.

1 2 3 4

800x150.jpg

I choose not have a Land Rover logo, but if you want to have a logo, i choose no. 2.

Edited by KamalMYafi

I'd go two:) What may be off about the front is how close the bonnet is to the front grill, maybe setting it back 1 stud would give it more of the curved look. It depends on what model you are after though. Even adding a curve/slope there would achieve that. Like in mine

20907856732_3160ce8b5f_c.jpg

â„–4 for me looks more realistic

I choose not have a Land Rover logo, but if you want to have a logo, i choose no. 2.

I think that I won't have a logo.

I really like how you did the frame rails.

Thank you very much, I was inspired by Effe but it means a lot coming from you.

I'd go two:) What may be off about the front is how close the bonnet is to the front grill, maybe setting it back 1 stud would give it more of the curved look. It depends on what model you are after though. Even adding a curve/slope there would achieve that. Like in mine.

I checked the blue prints and it doesn't really have a curve so I'm not sure what to do. Do note that I'm making a 2008 design.

Edited by Epic Technic

I'd go two:) What may be off about the front is how close the bonnet is to the front grill, maybe setting it back 1 stud would give it more of the curved look. It depends on what model you are after though. Even adding a curve/slope there would achieve that. Like in mine

I agree to just try to set the bonnet 1 stud back. If I'm right, the grille stickas a litte out of the front, so you would see a little curve. Not sure if I'm rigt, but just try it!

Looking at it again the layer under the bonnet shouldn't be there. If you recess the whole top by a stud it might look better because currently it looks too tall:)

Edited by Nalyd997

I'd agree with everybody here and say that the front edge of the bonnet should be set back a stud. I looked at a real one in a parking lot, and that offset is there.

Good concept and progress, I am interested to see the final result. :thumbup:

Also my 2 cents for the bonnet: it is too high, if You lower it by 1 stud, it will look better. Just take away the row above the lamp frame, made of Nr 2 connectors.

I think I will first try to recess the bonnet by one stud and see how it looks. However, having used sariel's scaler it should be five studs high, like it is.

I think I will first try to recess the bonnet by one stud and see how it looks. However, having used sariel's scaler it should be five studs high, like it is.
You are missing a front bumper. Lack of it makes the structure to be higher than it probably is.

This might be the case too, let's try some variants. :wink:

Promising start, I have an eye on this project.

You are missing a front bumper. Lack of it makes the structure to be higher than it probably is.

Thank you! That is what's missing.

Okay, another update, I have added a front bumper and recessed the bonnet by one stud, which I believe makes it look a lot better.

800x600.jpg

I also moved the grill forward by half a stud and I chose to have a LR logo.

800x600.jpg

And a side view:

800x600.jpg

Yeahh, looks much better now. I like the logo, the transparent brick makes it not over-present, but just the little detail makes it!

Looks good, but I don't think the problem was the bumper. I think the 1 stud layer between the front frame & the angled part of the hood makes it seem taller than it should be. Do you have blueprints for reference? I think sariel's scaler tool would prove useful at this point (as it always does).

Sorry for not having updated this thread in a few week but I have been busy. Now for the progress, I added the steering, which posed a very big hassle, since I had forgotten to add it at the start of the built. After around three prototypes, I finally settled on removing a L motor and putting the servo in its place. I continued on the bodywork, it's just missing the back side.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Doors with locks too.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

And that's pretty much it...

Looking better but I think the body is WAY to tall

ekqjyowr54.jpg800x600.jpg

if you look at the two pictures you can see the front hood is about 1 stud to tall and the body is at least 2-3 studs to tall.

Looking forward to the next update!

Yeah, I agree that the roof looks too tall, but when it was 2 studs lower, it looked like a defender 110 body on the chassis of a 90. I also think that it's 1 stud too short at back. I guess I'll try to make the roof one stud lower. But for the bonnet, when I used sariel's scaler, it is .3 studs too tall so I chose to make it a bit taller opposed to lower. Hopefully I can finish it this week and film a nice video on the weekend plus a few days to edit, but I feel like that's just wishful thinking. :laugh:

Edited by Epic Technic

Did you take into account that your bonnet is 4 studs high? The mudguards and then 3 studs of bonnet. Maybe that makes sense?

Yeah, I agree that the roof looks too tall, but when it was 2 studs lower, it looked like a defender 110 body on the chassis of a 90. I also think that it's 1 stud too short at back. I guess I'll try to make the roof one stud lower. But for the bonnet, when I used sariel's scaler, it is .3 studs too tall so I chose to make it a bit taller opposed to lower. Hopefully I can finish it this week and film a nice video on the weekend plus a few days to edit, but I feel like that's just wishful thinking. :laugh:

OK thanks for the answer but I still think the hood is too tall.. maybe its just me and looking at the new Porsche set with its streamline body.

This is starting to look pretty good! The rounded panel under the door should removed and the belt line/hood should probably be one stud lower, but you're getting close to the end. :thumbup: