just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

That exists? I've got a whole folder with over 100 prelims from since 2006. Lotta interesting stuff.

I could also just repost it somewhere. I put it on Reddit, got like 1500 up votes or something, shouldn't be hard to find.

That exists? I've got a whole folder with over 100 prelims from since 2006. Lotta interesting stuff.

I could also just repost it somewhere. I put it on Reddit, got like 1500 up votes or something, shouldn't be hard to find.

im sure they would like that folder.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legoleaks

I wonder if that skirt piece on Minnie will be used from now on for other female nminifigs instead of the small cloth skirts that are a pain to put on.

I wonder if that skirt piece on Minnie will be used from now on for other female nminifigs instead of the small cloth skirts that are a pain to put on.

Wasn't that introduced with the ballerina cmf? I doubt it will become the usual way of doing things..

no the ballerina one was much different. flatter and had corrugations, like a tutu thats been hit with starch.

Same idea, though--and I'm not opposed to it--but I really like the cloth skirts, personally. The solid-mold skirts can't lie flat, nor can you layer them.

ah, i get what you are saying.

i dont mind either way, really. i think they will use whatever works best for the character, though i admit lisa simpson may have benefitted from a moulded skirt that kicked out slightly at the bottom. in saying that, the jagged edge may not have been possible with rubber.

I can see Minnie's skirt for a Fifties Girl wearing a poodle skirt, but it's too big to replace the cloth skirts outright.

Wasn't that introduced with the ballerina cmf? I doubt it will become the usual way of doing things..

No the ballerina's piece was in the shape of a tutu.

Same idea, though--and I'm not opposed to it--but I really like the cloth skirts, personally. The solid-mold skirts can't lie flat, nor can you layer them.

I didn't think about that, they in fact wouldn't be able to lie flat.

ah, i get what you are saying.

i dont mind either way, really. i think they will use whatever works best for the character, though i admit lisa simpson may have benefitted from a moulded skirt that kicked out slightly at the bottom. in saying that, the jagged edge may not have been possible with rubber.

I totally agree. Lisa would look great with that new piece.

I can see Minnie's skirt for a Fifties Girl wearing a poodle skirt, but it's too big to replace the cloth skirts outright.

That would be a nice minifigure to have.

And it wouldn't work for minifigures like the S12 Spooky Girl

I think they'll introduce a plastic skirt to replace the cloth skirt at some point

And it wouldn't work for minifigures like the S12 Spooky Girl

I think they'll introduce a plastic skirt to replace the cloth skirt at some point

I don't know if they would or not. The cloth skirts seem like they are probably a much cheaper option than the plastic ones for the more common sets/figures.

The thread seems to have gone quiet .. so as per my last post my Sebastian and Flounder accessories have arrived ( Sebastian is a bit out of scale .. too big .. but I can live with that ) for when I get Ariel and Ursula ( have to be honest although I'm a fan of most of this series the only ones I'll probably be purchasing are The Little Mermaid ones .. hopefully if the series does well there may be more characters .. King Triton .. Eric ? )

Why didn't they give Ariel a dinglehopper ?? I have The Simpsons house so one of my forks will be sprayed silver and given to Ariel .. and why no 'voice shell' and Flotsam and Jetsom with Ursula ?? She has the trident which she takes possession of for a mere few minutes in the film and if they ever make Triton they'd have to include it with him ??

Roll on May / June though .. looking forward to better images of all of them ^_^

To mirror your scale issues, I received my Buzz Lightyear molded minifigure head from BrickLink the other day. Unfortunately, the part was uploaded incorrectly and I received the larger constraction figure head instead.

Yeah, that's not gonna work. :facepalm:

To mirror your scale issues, I received my Buzz Lightyear molded minifigure head from BrickLink the other day. Unfortunately, the part was uploaded incorrectly and I received the larger constraction figure head instead.

Did you contact the seller and tell him what happened?

Hey man, I have an extra I could maybe send you if all you need is the head. PM me if you can't work it out with the seller.

Did you contact the seller and tell him what happened?

Hey man, I have an extra I could maybe send you if all you need is the head. PM me if you can't work it out with the seller.

Well, I sort of worked it out. He refunded the price for the head (71 cents), but I talked him into refunding the shipping price too, since that piece was the reason I chose his store. As for your generous offer, MysteriousSir (ha, that was fun to type), I already placed another order this morning. D'oh! But thank you!

I figured it's better to order this early, since the new figure may possibly increase demand for the old head. As of now, it can be had for around a buck or so.

Edited by rob-ot5000

Well, I sort of worked it out. He refunded the price for the head (71 cents), but I talked him into refunding the shipping price too, since that piece was the reason I chose his store. As for your generous offer, MysteriousSir (ha, that was fun to type), I already placed another order this morning. D'oh! But thank you!

I figured it's better to order this early, since the new figure may possible increase demand for the old head. As of now, it can be had for around a buck or so.

Is there anything different about Buzz between his old figure and the new CMF one besides the head? Is it worth waiting on or should BL Buzz now? Or would that not be considered part of the collection if I decided to put the old one in instead?

The thread seems to have gone quiet .. so as per my last post my Sebastian and Flounder accessories have arrived ( Sebastian is a bit out of scale .. too big .. but I can live with that ) for when I get Ariel and Ursula ( have to be honest although I'm a fan of most of this series the only ones I'll probably be purchasing are The Little Mermaid ones .. hopefully if the series does well there may be more characters .. King Triton .. Eric ? )

Why didn't they give Ariel a dinglehopper ?? I have The Simpsons house so one of my forks will be sprayed silver and given to Ariel .. and why no 'voice shell' and Flotsam and Jetsom with Ursula ?? She has the trident which she takes possession of for a mere few minutes in the film and if they ever make Triton they'd have to include it with him ??

Roll on May / June though .. looking forward to better images of all of them ^_^

I was also hoping Ariel had a better accessory than just a shell with a jewel. Flounder, Sebastian would have been better than the shell/jewel pieces.

Is there anything different about Buzz between his old figure and the new CMF one besides the head? Is it worth waiting on or should BL Buzz now? Or would that not be considered part of the collection if I decided to put the old one in instead?

He has an updated torso and leg printing from what I can tell. I'd wait if I were you, it'll be cheaper buying a $3.99 pack.

I don't worry about "collections", so I'm not sure how to address that question, but yeah, like amazingbricks said, the printing looks to be updated. I'm just gonna grab the new one when he comes out and put the old molded head on there, since I prefer that one. Voila! My perfect Buzz Lightyear figure.

I don't worry about "collections", so I'm not sure how to address that question, but yeah, like amazingbricks said, the printing looks to be updated. I'm just gonna grab the new one when he comes out and put the old molded head on there, since I prefer that one. Voila! My perfect Buzz Lightyear figure.

Alright sounds like a plan. Thanks for the input from you both!

What are you doing with the new head after you replace it?

Edited by Tech Artist

I know I'm not the one you were talking to, but I'm not really thinking about it; I have a bunch of the original Buzz minifigures from various sets from the 2010 theme, and I'm perfectly happy with all of them, molded head and all. And yet I'm going to get one of these as well, anyway. Curse this darn completist drive...

If everyone wants to send me their spare Buzz heads, I'll make some kind of ridiculous MOC and we can all get a good laugh.

Just a thought.

On Buzz: I think the wings are the same, but the dome (and possibly the armor) looks different. Smaller due to the minifig head rather than the modified head.