oo7

Your First LEGO Set

I only played with my cousins' Blacktron and Space Police sets until I got

6327-1.jpg

6327 Turbo Champs in 1998. Super awesome.

I'm a late owner. But I've been playing with them ALL of my life.

To this day I still love bumpy plastic tires (the kind that went to those BT and SP sets). The huge ones are the best.

I'm quite confident that

6631-1.jpg

6631 was the first proper LEGO set that was only mine. I have some vague memories of some Duplo, but I don't think that was mine alone, but shared with my older sisters. Or possibly handed down from them, not sure.

And then the second set I got was this, 6820.

6820-1.jpg

After those it gets a bit more difficult, especially to place those sets which I can't place at a specific Christmas or birthday :-$ (or at some other special event, like that I got 6693 when we visited Legoland in 1988)

My Dad assured me not that long ago that the first set bought for me was 361 - Garage, followed shortly by 675 - Snack bar (in the same link). I also remember 379 - Bus Stop and 381 - Police Station. They're all still assembled at my parent's place, along with a heap of other sets, waiting for the grandkids to play with.

My brother and all my sister's had great fun with our Lego collection. Ah, the memories!! *sweet*

My earliest ever memory is of a lego set, I think it was a dust cart, I can't quite remember any more.

6234-1.jpg

My parents got me this when I was about 4 or 5 :D

It was the only set I had to play with for 3 years...I must have built all the possible combinations using its pieces :D

Edited by Tibi

Ah the memories.......such a fantastic first set that I had and still do have. I had gotten it when i was around 9 or so, and its still sitting on my headboard for me to always see.

1999-8448DesignCar-b.jpg

Edited by LordGalewind

it was this for me.... 6361-1.1129089763.jpg

what... Mobile crane

year.... 1986

i give it a *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull* out of *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull*

I still remeber opening it up at christmas!!!

Wow. Ever time i see this pic i get a big smile on my face. X-D Even makes me feel or warm and fuzzy inside. *wub* Man that was a great set. Built my hole lego town with that bad boy and its what got meinto lego cranes. Aww the memories. :-)

That would be #6901-1, Mobile Lab.

6901-1.1178069531.thumb2.jpg

I remember building it exactly as it came: a nice, friendly little moon explorer, picking up samples of rocks and rolling around.

It didn't take long before the white and red guys were enemies and fighting it out, of course. >:-)

Classic Space On! *y*

Your right on your description. Classic space always had that friendly, innocent couldn't hurt a moon fly. So differnt from what we have now.

722-1.1122436244.thumb2.jpg

...and then 733...

733-1.1162780616.thumb2.jpg

I really should try to build some of the models. I recall the helicopter in 733 was pretty cool. *wub*

Those are really nice. I loved the old techinc multiple sets in one. Never had any though, but i do remeber seeing them on the toy store shelf when i was a kid. Heck, who am i kidding. I'm 26 and am still a kid! :-D

I'm not entirely sure but I think it was this:

6661-1.jpg

6661 Mobile TV Studio

You know, i see sets like this and i start to realise how some still favor 4 wide cars and trucks in city. Some one else put it best that though 4 wide trucks, cars and planes may not be to scale, but they poses that classic lego charm. They are absolutly right! *y*

Ah the memories.......such a fantastic first set that I had and still do have. I had gotten it when i was around 9 or so, and its still sitting on my headboard for me to always see.

1999-8448DesignCar-b.jpg

Wow. Thats quite a first set to have. That to thisday was probbly the best techinc set lego has ever came out with. Suspention, sterring, piston engine, transmission, trunk and convertable top. One day i will have this set, but at 4 to $500 brand new in box, it won't be anytime soon. Though i guess i should get it sooner than later as the price won't be going down anytime soon either.

Seeing all these classic sets brings back alot of memmories. Its just really neat to see how Lego has evloved in the last couple of decades. Don't get me wrong, i'm very happy with the current sets/themes avalible today (most of them). I still think that 6 and 8 wide trucks rule, but i now understand a little bit more why some people prefer the classic look of the 4 wide city vehicles. They just don't make them like they used to. :-)

I have no idea, cause my Dad was into it and got me some really early (I must have been about 3). My Mum says there were definitely flowers in it, as they got stuck in the deep pile of the 1970s decor carpet. I did have Duplo even earlier.

However, the one set I can remember having parts from for a long time, was 6080 King's Castle. Oh how I would love to own that again. I have managed to get most other classic castles totally complete at great prices, but not that one. And unfortunately, it's just that bit plain enough that nostalgia isn't enough to have me pay over the odds for it.

My first LEGO set was either 6769 Fort LEGOREDO or some small set that has since vanished into a box, never to return... I still have 6769 built up and with all the figs.

6331-1.jpg

After the loads of Duplo, I think i received this when I was 4-5, I guess. So much memories, it stood for weeks on our television. I think this is my first set Lego, for so far I can remember...

When I was a kid, LEGO was a rare sight around these parts of the world. Only those kids who had some relative working abroad (Germany was a popular destination) had a LEGO set or two brought to them. As fate would have it, one of those kids was my first cousin - his aunt brought him a huge bucket of generic LEGO parts and bricks and for a few painful years when we all lived in the same house, I was forced to watch him play with his precious LEGO bricks... I can not even begin describing that agony! :'-)

Fast forward a decade or so... During my high school years, I met this guy who had loads of toys from the time of our childhood (Burago cars, G. I. Joe figures, Kinder Surprise toys, etc) and among all that stuff, a few dozens LEGO sets. Problem was, he was extremely... anal about his toys: all the stuff he had was neatly displayed, not to be touched. As for LEGO, all the sets were in their original boxes, not to be played with. That was both very odd to me at the time, and it drove me nuts!

For my 19th birthday, back in 1997, that very friend bought me a LEGO set. It was 6027, Bat Lord's Catapult.

Pq1cfUgJ.jpg

Isn't it a thing of beauty? *wub*

Since that was the year I started attending the University as well, for a while I was spending all the extra cash for new LEGO sets (hurray for lack of parental supervision! :-)), ending with Ninjas and set 3050, Shanghai Surprise. However, 1999. was a year of a great political unrest here (Serbia), and as soon as things became stabilized again - in 2001. - I got a son, so LEGO was out of the picture for a few years.

And this ends my essay :-).

I've looked around bricklink but I can't find my first set as I can't really remember it and it vanished during a number of moves when I was very young, though most of the bricks made it through. However it was a large red bucket of bricks.

I forgot my first set. :-$

I'm pretty sure it was a Fire Truck, or an excavator, or a Police car. One of those maybe.

i remember i got my first lego at save on back in 92 when i was pretty young, it was the lovely set that i unfortunately lost with the ages the black monarchs ghost. hopefully ill be able to get it from ebay for ~6.50 one day

I actually cannot recall the name or number of the first set I received, I know it was not Duplo. What I do remember of the set is it was from the "classic" space theme and was a spaceship. If I were to take a guess I would say about 1983 or 1984.

I do not have any sets as old as yours Asuka. You must have been collecting for quite some time? I like the conveyor belt of the set you posted. I would like to see TLC re-release such items again. I definitly would *wub* to have one for my collection.

Model On!!

The pontoon plane along with some tiny little digger that I completely lost :'-(

Hey, I'm not That old..... *yoda*

Edited by kill will

I think my first set could have either been 1560 Glory Glider or 6261 Raft Raiders. My Glory Glider is currently intact (believe it or not :-P ), but Raft Raiders, my only Pirates set so far, is currently disassembled, and I believe I've lost the sail along with one of the swords and possibly one of the guns. :-(

Glory Glider: *** out of *****

Raft Raiders: **** out of *****

-Toa Of Justice

Do you remember what your very first Lego set was? For me, it was #600 Police Car. I think I was 4 when my grandpa bought it for me, and I was utterly captivated, spending long hours building and rebuilding it, playing with the pieces, etc. A single set hooked me on Lego for life.

600-2.1105127498.thumb2.jpg

How about you guys?

Edit: Sorry for duplicating the topic. I did search for "first set" before posting, and got no results. I guess the forum search doesn't work or something.

Edited by Tenorikuma