SkaForHire

Kings Port Advertiser and Ship List (Vol 1, Issue 2) MAR 616

Why should one work, but not the other? From a logical perspective, that is.

Wouldn't it be equally 'hard to follow' that a ship suddenly has a different trade/fighting value when applied with a higher license? We separate the physical MOC from the role it is allowed to play within the game (=license). We allow a larger ship to sail with a smaller license, even to 'upgrade' when possible, which means you have to buy a full new license and get back the old one, when done with the paperwork. So why not allowing to make use of a big license to the limit of ones ship MOC?

I mean in 'reality', if the trader comes to the port authorities and says 'Hey, I'm entitled to go on a trade mission, I have this charter here granting me huge trade values (=big license), so yeah, let's get it on!' But the official responds that his ship was to small to leave port at all. And that he should try again once he has a bigger ship. Where's the logical sense?

A different question is of course, if such a procedure should be allowed in the game. But from a logical perspective I don't see any trouble. pirate_wink.gif

Oh, and congrats on hauling in the riches, Bregir! Your MCRA build could be you mimicking Scrooge McDuck diving into his gold pirate_laugh2.gif

But doesn't it seem odd to anyone that so many ships of the 'Merry Lyric' convoy, among them a 'Class 2F', ended up with a 256DB haul? pirate_tong.gif *X-Files theme starts playing, suspicion intensifies* pirate_laugh2.gif

Really quick, because I don't have a lot of time: 7 zones, so 7 rolls to A)sink B)Hit a "golden voyage" which doubles your yield. You are going to see a lot of similar numbers as there are more ships because we start with the same base value of the trade centers added together in a convoy.

Hm, I did 2 free builds and just have 35 DBs even though I just signed up in February. I registered both of them(well, one of the ships got captured though...

Was their a free build form filled out for both?

Yup indeed :p you know we had an 351 db income this month in total :D and we have right now 55 db in our coffins :) so not that bad at all! But ofourse, it could have been better if we didn't lose two ships (again) :p

I knew you guys could take the joke, that's why the article was in there :)

Was their a free build form filled out for both?

I remember doing so, there should be 2 free build forms on my name for last month. Btw, this months free build form is not yet available, I am guessing that'll change in the next few days?

I've got a question about the BoBs Scorecard. From my numbers, it looks to me like the "total feb yield" is the sum of my cash at the end of January and my February income (excluding the challenge awards) but does not reflect my February expenditures on licenses and such. Is this a correct reading?

Has "Adjudication" from January missed freebuild filings been applied to these numbers?

Seems I should have a monthly income of 37 if so (1 Lg Factory, 3 Sm Artisan, 1 Sm Artisan, 1 SM Residence) ...but I am listed as 22...also, does this Feb info also include "Jan MCRA Results" build rewards?

Evidently my runs keep getting really low rolls! 7 zones and only 60 DBs... well, maybe we'll strike it rich next time, and I didn't sink at least, so I'm not complaining!

I'm guessing that the Coyle Shipping Co. is grateful that Dearji the Windsong, Wandering Acolyte of the Triuri, insisted on doing a formal blessing on all ships in the Quick Wing trade run before they got underway.

All the other captains of the Quick Wing must be having quite a debate on whether Dearji's blessing was the reason for the fair winds or if it was just simply good luck. Coyle Shipping Company sends its thanks to Dearji for the blessing.

Has "Adjudication" from January missed freebuild filings been applied to these numbers?

Seems I should have a monthly income of 37 if so (1 Lg Factory, 3 Sm Artisan, 1 Sm Artisan, 1 SM Residence) ...but I am listed as 22...also, does this Feb info also include "Jan MCRA Results" build rewards?

There are no large licenses in any of the forms for anyone -- you registered a small factory, 3 small artisans, and a small residence over the two months, that is 22. Also, as long as you marked MCRA result in the form, it counted as a MRCA result and not a 3rd free build.

On another note, these types of inquiries are probably best for the general thread, since they are not about the MRCA

There are no large licenses in any of the forms for anyone -- you registered a small factory, 3 small artisans, and a small residence over the two months, that is 22. Also, as long as you marked MCRA result in the form, it counted as a MRCA result and not a 3rd free build.

On another note, these types of inquiries are probably best for the general thread, since they are not about the MRCA

Okies, I must've missed filing something, I will blame the beer and weed.......will get it in for this month! pir_laugh2.gif

Okies, I must've missed filing something, I will blame the beer and weed.......will get it in for this month! pir_laugh2.gif

I am not sure that is an industry yet, but maybe you could get a monopoly on it? pirate_tong.gif

Thank you Ska for the great work !

"To the Kings Port Advertiser editors,

I am strongly protesting against all that infamy you are spreading over MAESTRO trade company reputation. Pretending that loosing ships is the end of our estimed company is showing your total lack of knowledge on how a company is working.

I will add that some ships made good money entry in our coffins and a loss of a ship is not frightening our captains and crews !

So MAESTRO is still alive !

Felipe de la Manzana."

Good article Ska ! That's giving us some fun and good story mater.

Great job ! And I am happy that my ship is not destroyed this run !

Ska thanks for all you do to keep BoBS up and running (er...up and sailing?). I honestly don't know how you do it!

I want to join the SkaForHire fan club. I appreciate all the soul ska put into the gazette. Giving it a flair of tabloid, and retaining the flavour of the era. I salute you, Ska for spicing up the stew that is the brethren seas. *tips hat*

On a second reading it occurs to me that it says that Garvey also claimed an island! I haven't seen anything about that elsewhere - is it a rumour, and if not, which one?

Ps. I think this presentation was easier to follow than last months. :)

Was re-reading the gazette (lovely presentation), and noticed in the tips it mentions the Queen 'o the Corries has a bun in the oven! Isn't that rather scandalous to be printing? After all, the young woman is unwed! Tsk, tsk!