Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I expect at least 1 of the movie sets will be revealed at the NY Toy Fair.

It's about time

They are supposed to be out on late july/early august right?

Probably yes. But they will come in August or September, but more likely September.

It amuses me that back when Ninjago was launched there was much wailing and complaint about the colours. The ninja's were too brightly coloured, it was "stupid". Now that they are making them a little more ninja like in appearance there are complaints about all the black! :laugh:

Loving those new swords, new swords are always good!

47 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

It amuses me that back when Ninjago was launched there was much wailing and complaint about the colours. The ninja's were too brightly coloured, it was "stupid". Now that they are making them a little more ninja like in appearance there are complaints about all the black! :laugh:

Agree. They look more like ninjas

I think they're trying to stay away from the Power Rangers look

8 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Garmadon looks soooooo good!!! I love it! Plus new sword molds for the ninja!

Also, Lloyd looks pretty good to. I love the simplicity of the design. And it's it just me, or does Lloyd's symbol on his head look like the number 5. I wonder if that was intentional.

Don't forget the new broad helmet and decoration piece, love those! 

About the symbol: it looks like a combination of katakana characters 'chi' ち as the basic form, and 'yo' よ for the curl down at the bottom.

10 hours ago, Clx_45 said:

I like it! Wish we could've seen all the ninja though 

Same here, especially as the calendar implied Nya will be getting grey as her colour rather than a crimson/cyan combination.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Agree. They look more like ninjas

I think they're trying to stay away from the Power Rangers look

I've always seen Ninjago as Lego's version of Super Sentai; different coloured suits every year with a varying roster and fighting different villains every year. I guess you could say Power Rangers as well, but they've moved away from the annual suit changes it's Japanese source uses.

2 hours ago, samuraiturtle said:

I don't know where this new sword stuff is coming from. It looks like just the old Katana from an "odd" angle to me. 

That brick-built sculpture on page 32 makes it look like a completely different (possibly dual-molded) weapon.

5 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I was thinking about that initial reaction the other day. The funny thing is that apart from blue (which is one of the more realistic colors for a ninja all things considered), all of the colors from the original year were ones that had previously appeared in the classic ninja theme!

The sword does look new (and possibly shorter than the previous minifigure-height katana) but unlike what another person said, I don't think it's dual-molded—rather, I think it has the tassel piece from Day of the Departed in gold on the end! Quite nice, as I'd been hoping for that recolor!

I think the new small sword is new, I believe someone came up with that idea from a historical point of view, so now that they've got the bugget, I think there will be better moulds all around. Exciting stuff. :sweet:

I'd love to see that tassel in gold!

I've taken a better look at Lloyd and Garmadon. Lloyd actually has scale printing on his arms, which is really really great! Yet, even more exciting: the new samurai helmet has a recessed stud on the front, so I thing we can fit (printed) 1x1 round tiles in the space between the decorative element, how cool would that be! :excited:

Sir Von Lego has made some very very positive comments about the Ninjago Movie in the Star Wars 2017 Theme Discussion, if anyone knows how to summon him here that would be fab, I know he can't give anything anyway as that and Star Wars EP.8 were in a confidential room but just to have him over here to reiterate how great the stuff looked would be great :)

5 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

That brick-built sculpture on page 32 makes it look like a completely different (possibly dual-molded) weapon.

I did not spot that picture. I was talking about the picture on page 33. The picture on page 32 looks like the Katana with a newer chain part on the bottom. If I had to guess what will be done in mini-figure scale. 

2 hours ago, Peasantseverywhere said:

Sir Von Lego has made some very very positive comments about the Ninjago Movie in the Star Wars 2017 Theme Discussion, if anyone knows how to summon him here that would be fab, I know he can't give anything anyway as that and Star Wars EP.8 were in a confidential room but just to have him over here to reiterate how great the stuff looked would be great :)

Also sent a PM

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

First official image from the movie was released and Lord Garmadon has new helmet  and completely new upper body piece both of which looks fantastic !

It looks great! Not too sure on the build of the vehicle in the background, but the figure looks great.

Ninjago.jpg

Haha, the figure still retains that classic Garmadon face. That helmet is stunning, a step up from the other samurai helmet if you ask me! The upper torso part is simple, but it works.

Edited by Boogly22238

Quote from Sir von Lego:

1 hour ago, Sir von Lego said:

-Removed-

Edited by legozebra

Garmadon's helmet is a big improvement. The cloth piece around his neck also adds more flair to the character.

Movie trailers usually drop on Thursdays, so I'm guessing that's when we can expect the Ninjago Movie trailer!

Released just in time to be attached to the Lego Batman Movie trailer, perhaps?

5 hours ago, legozebra said:

Quote from Sir von Lego:

What did Sir von LEGO say?

At this point I'm surprised to see there are not leaks of the CMF line

We usually get to see some leaks from the fall wave like Series 14 or Series 16 

Edited by Robert8

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What did Sir von LEGO say?

At this point I'm surprised to see there are not leaks of the CMF line

We usually get to see some leaks from the fall wave like Series 14 or Series 16 

He can't speak about them. 

Well folks, turns out that "leaked" "set" "list" for the movie is completely fake. Back to the drawing board!

Wow, Lego is doing a really great job at keeping secrets this time, the only thing that could be consider a "leak" is the cast list.

4 hours ago, NinjaJayNuva said:

Wow, Lego is doing a really great job at keeping secrets this time, the only thing that could be consider a "leak" is the cast list.

And the Box designs (Not images of the boxes just the designs of the surrounding stuff ex. Item number, logo, age, etc. for those confused)