Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

You can get a description. There aren't NDAs for that.

Also, any amount of time is more time it's spent being confidential, which in terms of contracts are important to keep. It's part of the reason why Star Wars typically won't allow photography at all 3 Toy Fairs for the ump-teenth year running. I guarantee it.

It's just that fan sites are only gonna get licensed themes in detail. Every year anything non-licensed, other than Friends, gets completely glanced over by fan sites attending the London event specifically (Bionicle was a nightmare until the US Toy Fair). It's primarily due to the fact that it's a guided tour at the London Event. Typically, theres no time for a good look, lest you get left behind (and in doing so, might miss the guide lifting a lid on confedential product for but a brief moment).

All of that makes sense, but I remember Brickset's descriptions being taken down last year because they were "Too descriptive". :wacko:

On 1/22/2017 at 0:51 AM, BubbaFit45531 said:

Anyone know if the Nexo Knights Battle Suits appeared in the TV show yet and if so, which episodes? Thanks.

Early in the first season, want to say Episode 1 or 2, there was a robot piloting a little (training?) mech that's some what similiar to the Battle Suits. 

I called Lego Shop @ Home about the Knighton Rider earlier, as I'm not sure I'll be able to get the funds available before the 31st to put in an order, and it seems like it's off the site on the 31st. Is there any chance Lego will sell this set via Toys R Us/Target/Walmart? 

Failing that, is there a parts list somewhere online, so I can source the parts from Bricklink or Lego Bricks n Pieces Buy Replacements?  

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

All of that makes sense, but I remember Brickset's descriptions being taken down last year because they were "Too descriptive". :wacko:

Oh yeah. There was that too. What they did bother to get in detail was too much.

Funny how that works.

1 hour ago, Taaron said:

Is there any chance Lego will sell this set via Toys R Us/Target/Walmart?

That's always a possibility. However I don't understand the excitement over it. Unless you're buying multiples to connect them into a Rider blockade (yes that's it's feature) it's not very exciting.

5004911: Crafting Kit

5004911-1.jpg?201701240846

Not sure what it is exactly, or how it is played, or what the exact contents are... Nice keychain, I can see some nice shields (Medusa, red dragon, forbidden powers, Classic Space!!) in the artwork, so I hope any of those will be included. 

14 hours ago, Taaron said:

Early in the first season, want to say Episode 1 or 2, there was a robot piloting a little (training?) mech that's some what similiar to the Battle Suits. 

I called Lego Shop @ Home about the Knighton Rider earlier, as I'm not sure I'll be able to get the funds available before the 31st to put in an order, and it seems like it's off the site on the 31st. Is there any chance Lego will sell this set via Toys R Us/Target/Walmart? 

Failing that, is there a parts list somewhere online, so I can source the parts from Bricklink or Lego Bricks n Pieces Buy Replacements?  

I always forget about that mech as it only appeared in the first episode and nothing since then. I agree that would make a fun build to have particularly now with the Battle Suits.

I have not seen a parts list for it but the instructions are readily available online and it only contains 42 pieces. I don't know if they are rare or difficult to get but the set does utilize 4 of the new angled sloped pieces along with two of the new trans orange wheel pieces. Everything else seems to be pretty common though and if you are in to Nexo Knights you probably already have most of those pieces.

3 hours ago, Exetrius said:

5004911: Crafting Kit

Not sure what it is exactly, or how it is played, or what the exact contents are... Nice keychain, I can see some nice shields (Medusa, red dragon, forbidden powers, Classic Space!!) in the artwork, so I hope any of those will be included. 

Interesting - seems like it is very similar to the introductory polybag from last year where you got a minifigure, a keychain, and some stickers. On the packaging not much in the way of actual Lego's shown but it is interesting that the theme of it is all first year villains and monsters as opposed to stone/lightening monsters but still utilizing forbidden powers. Also see by the set number it falls in to the category of promotional items so I am guessing it will be primarily a bag of stickers and just the keychain and will be a giveaway at some point at the Lego Store.

Edited by OC_Architect

11 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

The Heligoyle is fantastic! :drool:

Instant buy for me.

Are there more "drawings" out there yet?

Yeah Heligoyle is a must buy Nexo set for me,  and considering the fact I only bought 2 winter 2017 sets I think it's an awesome set! Also I heard Stone Colosus set might show up soon...

http://m.imgur.com/CbWcGht

Edited by benderisgreat
On the second thought here it is!

33 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Yeah Heligoyle is a must buy Nexo set for me,  and considering the fact I only bought 2 winter 2017 sets I think it's an awesome set! Also I heard Stone Colosus set might show up soon...

http://m.imgur.com/CbWcGht

Wow, that looks awesome!! I'm happy i waited with most of my purchases this year, because unlike last year, i won't be getting everything. And it sure looks like i 'need' more of the summer wave!! Very cool stuff.

Yea, that castle looks great from the front. I hope they close up the back, but that would probably where all the playfeatures are. Looks like you can clip a set in like Merloks Library and Fortrex. 

34 minutes ago, Turnman said:

Looks like the Castle might be able to connect to the Fortress!

Looks like the middle tower can launch like a spaceship.

Axl's Rumble Maker has a lot of potential for play. Instant buy for me if it works like the Thunder Driller from Power Miners. 

It also looks like only 2 of 3 "upcoming sets" to combine with the battle suits are known now... the middle one is the rock climber, the lower one is macy's bot drop dragon.

The one on top does not look like axl's vehicle: (at 5:06)

14 minutes ago, NotMegalodon said:

It also looks like only 2 of 3 "upcoming sets" to combine with the battle suits are known now... the middle one is the rock climber, the lower one is macy's bot drop dragon.

The one on top does not look like axl's vehicle: (at 5:06)

True, looking at brickset there is a gap in item numbers so another store exclusive makes sense. Nice catch :wink:

Edited by Clx_45

Wow, the Castle looks awesome. I can't tell much from Macy's Dragon but I love the giant stone colossus but I'm not sure I care for how square the body and legs look, I would expect something with more shape to it. Aaron's Rock Climber is not what I expected for such a name but it looks good enough. I'm more interested in that stone monster steed that comes with it! I'm not impressed by Axl's Rumble Maker, but maybe better pictures will change my mind. Can anyone tell what the Battle Suit power up from it might be? I love the Heligoyle, It's not what I expected and I'm glad. I love that it's a giant stone gargoyle with what appears to be a dual-rotor spinning function with the tail being the handle. I honestly havn't been impressed with the vehicles this season, save for the awesome Battle Suits, Lance's robohorse and Clays jet but the Stone army figures and monsters have been a huge improvement of the standard villain fare for themes like this. I love the huge variety from small single piece monsters to massive hulking beasts, exactly what I would expect from a monster hoard. It allows for plenty of great play potential between the Battle Suits and monsters of equal size. The Colossus would be a great match-up against multiple Battle Suits! It really addresses issues of the past where the hero faction is always better equipped than the villain faction to really pose much of a threat. This season, the Villains have the advantage I feel. 

Edited by ToaDraco

These are totally ridiculous (in a good way of course!), the Rumble Maker and Heligoyle look epic. Nice to see another Rogul too. Stone Colossus looks interesting, as well as that amazing castle! I am liking the Stone Monsters a lot more.

The summer sets look fantastic.  The castle has a lot of potential and I like how it opens up and the number of minifigs.  The Heligoyle looks great as does Colossus.  The rock climber, Macy's dragon bot and the rumble look nice too.  I have some of the winter sets and I absolutely love the minifigs.  The rock monster are great.  I really love the way they did rogul and the gargoyles.  Lego has really done a nice job with this theme. 

I wonder if the lightning versions of the scurriers and the ash attacker will be released in summer, or that they will just remain artwork villains. 

The sets all look pretty cool and interesting but I am reserving my comments until we get better photos and or more official release. Beyond that in all the excitement I think we may have glossed over some important information. The date on these say June 2017. Is that the release date?

Also, looking at the Crafting Kit a bit more it would appear it is some sort of game or Nexo power matching game. It looks like the main component is a spinner with a big arrow that you land on a forbidden power and you have to develop a shield combo to battle that power. That would at least be consistent with the updated game as it will tell you how your combo powers stack up against a forbidden power and even try it out before using it in the game. My guess is that there are no actual shields included as the cover shows the shields with their power stats. 

Just a guess though. 

Edited by OC_Architect
Didn't want to double post so added discussion on Crafting Kit.

3 hours ago, SerenityInFire said:

Knighton Castle looks pretty cool.  Glad I skipped out on Fortrex. :)

The fortrex might combine with it too though or atleast it looks that way