10 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Kinda new to Elves, but from my understanding/reading this sets will release in March? Never thought I would buy sets with minidolls, but I guess there's a first time for everything.. 

The last two years the sets have been released in March. (Possibly a little earlier in some European countries).

I'm not really a fan of the regular mini-dolls either, but the Elves ones have grown on me.

Edited by Iria

Minidolls is a big turn off for me but I like fantasy castle themes so I'm starting to like the Elves line a bit now. This new wave I'm probably getting the Goblin village during a promotion like double vip points. The airship looks beautiful but I'm not a fan of flying vehicles in general so will not be getting it.

Totally forgot this and don't know if it's mentioned before but here the German catalog prices (release March/April):

Elves 41181: Naida's Gondola & The Goblin Thief - €9.99
Elves 41182: The Capture of Sophie Jones - €19.99
Elves 41183: The Goblin King's Evil Dragon - €29.99
Elves 41184: Aira's Air Ship - €39.99
Elves 41185: The Goblin Village - €59.99

Thank you all very much for the information! :classic:

In principle I'm no Elves fan, but I always like it when there appear new bricks and moulds which can be well used in other themes, too.

Therefore I really do like the new 1x1 clapboard piece and the 1x1 round printed tile for a conker. :thumbup:

But it's really a shame that TLG changed the in the preliminary pics shown blueberries into regular berries! :thumbdown:

Found some short set descriptions on Brickmerge.de that shed light on some (not all) of the new character names:

• The goblin in 41181 is Roblin
  • The squirrel in 41182 is Mr. Spry
  • The Goblin King's dragon in 41184 is Ashwing
  • The goblin in 41184 is Jimblin
  • The bears in 41184 are Blubeary and Lil' Blu

Some sites have started sharing pages from the German 2017 catalog so I'm hoping somebody soon shares a picture of the pages for LEGO Elves! In the past the catalogs have been one of the best sources for upcoming story info this time of year.

ok when I get the goblin kings dragon set I expect to make a lot of references to jim Henson's labyrinth in my

imagination , I only really care for that and the goblin village since I have to cut down to make room for other sets

10 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Some sites have started sharing pages from the German 2017 catalog so I'm hoping somebody soon shares a picture of the pages for LEGO Elves! In the past the catalogs have been one of the best sources for upcoming story info this time of year.

I have a low res image from a russian catalog review:

bcfbac1d9a.jpg

Edited by Exetrius

10 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

So the squirrel is Miss Spry's brother?! :O 

I would've guessed her husband, but I suppose brother is possible too!

14 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I would've guessed her husband, but I suppose brother is possible too!

Then she would've been called Mrs. Spry? 

4 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Then she would've been called Mrs. Spry? 

Maybe she got married since the last time she showed up in a set? :tongue: No telling.

Heck, it could even be her father for all we know.

I wonder if the Goblin King is a Shadow Earth elf, since Ragana is a Shadow Fire elf?  Maybe we'll see Shadow Air and Shadow Water in the future. 

The German first half 2017 brand catalog is live on LEGO.com! Elves is on pages 52–53, and includes box art and descriptions for the new sets when you click on them!

The theme logo for the box art has been revamped (it's now white letters on a dark background, rather than bluish letters on a bright background), and as in previous years, in the background we get a sneak peek of the ultimate destination for the year — presumably, the Goblin King's castle.

The goblin names are Roblin (41181), Barblin (41182), Jimblin (41183), Dukelin (41184), Fibblin, Smilin, and Bieblin (41185). The chameleon in the Goblin Village is named Hidee, and the panther is named Panthara.

Edited by Aanchir

I simply adore 2017 line! All sets offer something cool. The village has those cool ornamental 1x2 bricks in BROWN

On 27.12.2016 at 10:13 PM, flowerdew said:

I wonder if the Goblin King is a Shadow Earth elf, since Ragana is a Shadow Fire elf?  Maybe we'll see Shadow Air and Shadow Water in the future. 

I was discussing this with Fortnerd- we believe we will get mermaids and underwater castle in 2018. :)

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I'm still curious how the flapping wing function of the airship works. An auto-flapping function as you push it along the ground might be too much to hope for, but what is there instead? A gear? A push button? Can't wait until we get some alt pics that'll hopefully clear that up.

You probably spin the propeller on the back and the wings flap.  That's just my guess.  The sets look fantastic.  New pieces like the orange ones on the roof in the village are interesting.  The blue crystal pyramid pieces will be useful and the new blue color for the tree parts looks very good.  So many useful parts new books, printed maps, new shield, etc.  This year looks to be expensive for lego for me this year so many great sets coming out between Nexo Knights, Ninjago, Marvel Super Hero's, and DC, and CMF its going to be hard to army build and get all the sets I want this year. 

So all of these boxes feature an evil castle with glowing portal in the background (clearest in the airship set). I'm looking forward to that set this summer. 

18 hours ago, zoth33 said:

You probably spin the propeller on the back and the wings flap.  That's just my guess.  The sets look fantastic.  New pieces like the orange ones on the roof in the village are interesting.  The blue crystal pyramid pieces will be useful and the new blue color for the tree parts looks very good.  So many useful parts new books, printed maps, new shield, etc.  This year looks to be expensive for lego for me this year so many great sets coming out between Nexo Knights, Ninjago, Marvel Super Hero's, and DC, and CMF its going to be hard to army build and get all the sets I want this year. 

As cool as that would be, there's no visible drive shaft that could lead from the propellor up top to the area below the deck where the wing function is housed. I'm figuring whatever activates the wing function is located behind the airship's main deck, since that's the main area we can't see in any of the pics we've gotten.

The airship is still a must-have, in multiples if possible. I'd love to build one about 3 times the size, with more decks, etc.

The Goblin village looked messy to me at first, but now I really like the look of it; that's another one I will really try to pick up.

Other than that, the King Dragon set looks good, but not really better than the dragons from 2016, so I will try and finish collecting those first.

So the Lego Elves website has been updated with a new background along with a teaser trailer for this year's Netflix series. The new series has a new style with the characters and settings looking more similar to the mini-dolls and sets themselves (though still using charming hand-drawn animation for the most part).

But in terms of sets, it also offers a look at some of what we might see in the summer. In addition to some decent looks at the Goblin King's castle (which, if past years are any indication, is likely to be the largest set of the year), the trailer features a new character (most likely a water elf, judging by her appearance) with a new dark blue dragon, both of which may show up in the summer sets.

New info. Note: Google-translated names...

41186 - Azari & the escape from the Goblin King (€ 21.99)
41187 - Rosalyns healing shelter  (€ 54.99)
41188 - Escape from the fortress of the Goblin king  (€ 87.99)

Those sets sound interesting especially the escape from the fortress of the goblin king.  It will be interesting to see what colors they will use for the fortress.  The healing shelter sounds nice hope we get some new bottles or at least new colors.