WhiteFang

Eurobricks Mega Building LEGO CMFs Contest 2016

Nice that I noticed it :) I would like to participate, but I have some questions, because I was confused in rules for several times :) For category A - aren't figs from series 15 allowed or what?

Nice that I noticed it :) I would like to participate, but I have some questions, because I was confused in rules for several times :) For category A - aren't figs from series 15 allowed or what?

Oh, I don't understood it too. For category A

Can I use minifigures 15s or not?

Can I use minifigures and their accessories 1-14s or not?

Can I use any other minifigures (not CMF)?

Can I use more than one minifigure?

Thank you for your patience :classic:

Edited by DwalinF

Thank you for your patience :classic:

I believe a common theme is that you build a vig for the fig (ha) you want but DON'T include it. So like an empty scientist lab for the Scientist.

I'd still rather see contests that are open to digital entries, than contests that exclude digital entries...

I wouldn't and here's why:

Imagine two EB member enter the competition. Both of them use CAD software to design their MOCs but only one of them goes to the trouble of sourcing the required LEGO and photographing his creation. Both entries are considered equally valid by the judges so why did one of the contestants bother to physically make his model? There's no point. Next time there's a contest, he needn't bother. And that's the problem. Accepting LDD/LDraw/other CAD entries discourages people from buying and collecting LEGO. Surely, a site such as EB which is dedicated to LEGO shouldn't be encouraging people to do without it.

I'm guessing there are sites for people who are into CAD. Hopefully, on their boards there are forums for virtual construction toys.

I do understand the decision. My other quote was in response to the statement that the house contest didn't seem fair.

I think we can put this as a separate discussion if you wish to further discuss. You can do so under Forum Information and Help. (if they are no existing discussion, you may create one)

Just one question: is it "one entry per person", or "one entry per category per person"?

One entry per category per person.

Series 15 minifigures and new elements in that series are not permitted.

No.

Can I use minifigures and their accessories 1-14s or not?

Yes.

Can I use any other minifigures (not CMF)?

Yes.

Can I use more than one minifigure?

Yes.

So let me get this straight,

Cat A is basically an vig or little display measuring 8x8 studs but with no mini figure, the theme of which should relate to a specific fig from the latest CMF series 15.

Cat B a fig in a vig that's 8x8 which can feature any previous CMFs before series 15.

Is that right?

Cat A is basically an vig or little display measuring 8x8 studs but with no mini figure, the theme of which should relate to a specific fig from the latest CMF series 15.

Yes, a entry based on 8x8 vignette with no intended Series 15 minifigure for your entry. You may include other kind of LEGO minifigures of your choice in your entry. Just make sure there is no placeholder minifigure to represent the intended Series 15 minifigure.

Cat B a fig in a vig that's 8x8 which can feature any previous CMFs before series 15.

Yes, that's correct.

Got my idea! Based on an existing Collectible Minifigure I have in my collection! Just waiting for some specialty parts to come in.

Which is why digital designs are not allowed. If I have to source for specific parts I currently don't have to make my entry perfect, then so should the rest of you.

Edited by Lord David

Woohoo!! My favorite contest is back!! Thank you White Fang and EB for organizing this once again, it has been too long!

oh, and my entries are up... :grin:

Have fun everyone!

Perhaps I'm too stupid or my English understanding is in germ stage, because I don't see the difference between A and B categories then :D I can use any other minifigure in both categories and in no one should be any traces of 15th series :) am I right? :D

Thanks for the patience :)

Woohoo!! My favorite contest is back!! Thank you White Fang and EB for organizing this once again, it has been too long!

oh, and my entries are up... :grin:

Have fun everyone!

Hey Yatkuu, glad to see a familiar face in this traditional contest. You are real fast with your entries. Good luck.

Perhaps I'm too stupid or my English understanding is in germ stage, because I don't see the difference between A and B categories then :D I can use any other minifigure in both categories and in no one should be any traces of 15th series :) am I right? :D

Category A - Intended to represent LEGO CMFs Series 15 minifigure in a 8x8 vignette (without the actual minifigure or new elements from Series 15)

Category B - Design a LEGO CMFs Series 1 to 14 including LEGO Movie, Simpsons Series 1 and 2 and Team GB for the intended actual minifigure representation to be included in a 8x8 vignette

If you are not clear, please read the rules again.

Is cut flex tubing or pneumatic tubing ok?

Technically no. Because it will be considered as a modified LEGO element.

I think it's simple enough.

Category A is a vignette intended for a Series 15 minifigure but you are not allowed to use the minifigure in it. You can still use past minifigures etc.as background characters.

Category B is a vignette for past CMF Series minifigures and the other special edition ones mentioned, where you must use your intended minifigure in your entry. You can use other CMF's, but they may only serve as background characters, one minifigure must clearly represent the entry.

I'm a little puzzled by the wording in the rules. Does building an A an B category both count as one entry, or would that be two?

I'm a little puzzled by the wording in the rules. Does building an A an B category both count as one entry, or would that be two?

One entry in each Category, 2 total entries. That's how much is allowed.

So for cat A it says we can't use any new parts from S15. What about pieces like the winged warrior's armor and wings, which debuted in Chima?

One entry in each Category, 2 total entries. That's how much is allowed.

Yes, that's correct. Thank you.

So for cat A it says we can't use any new parts from S15. What about pieces like the winged warrior's armor and wings, which debuted in Chima?

Winged Warrior's armour and wings from Series 15 can't be used. Legends of Chima's armour and wings can be used. Basically, don't use any new coloured exclusive elements that are first appeared in Series 15. Those are disallowed.

Hi, WhightFang and LEGO fans. The last contest on your sight I participated in, it wasn't allowed to upload MOCs uploaded somewhere else before. I always have problems with data size. You usually allow less than 100 KB while I can have 125-130 KB (it's good for LEGO Galleries). May I first upload my vignette in LEGO Galleries and then give you the link for the contest? Or do you accept 130 KB?

Hi, WhightFang and LEGO fans. The last contest on your sight I participated in, it wasn't allowed to upload MOCs uploaded somewhere else before. I always have problems with data size. You usually allow less than 100 KB while I can have 125-130 KB (it's good for LEGO Galleries). May I first upload my vignette in LEGO Galleries and then give you the link for the contest? Or do you accept 130 KB?

Please post your entry in either Brickshelf or Flickr. It can simply be any form of reliable photo hosting website other than using attachment. Please make sure the image is within the range of 800x600.

Such overhang is acceptable?

Yes, it is acceptable.

The base plate is 8 by 8. Trees can be 2 studs aside. Can somebody's tail (a crocodile's or Jubba's) be 2 studs aside? There is no space enough for a crocodile even diagonally.