I see new rims with better steering point, good looking tyres, a gearbox (seems manual) and i don't know wherefore the rubberband on the dash is, maybe hood opening mechanism, transmission (4x4-rwd) or maybe brakes

Propably hood yeah, but since the gearstick looks sequential, we could hope for flappy panels that work/move with the gearstick?

Based on the angle of the rear spoiler on the box compared to the real image, maybe that is adjustable too? Hopefully combined with brakes or "speed" of the vehicle.

BTW those rims...does the pivot seem to be way inner than in previous lego rims?

The price I am not sure hos is justified without more details, perhaps there are some motors in there...

BTW those rims...does the pivot seem to be way inner than in previous lego rims?

The price I am not sure hos is justified without more details, perhaps there are some motors in there...

indeed it looks to me as well as i said, i actually hope that there is no pf or motors in the porsche, just my opinion, but i think it will make it a better supercar.

Because when it's RC, it will be slow and probably no gearbox or other features.

BTW, i hope we see Dokludi tomorrow ;-)

No HOG steering or am I missing something?

OK, to those who are complaining about stickers: THOSE WILL NOT BE IN THE FINAL SET. It's camo, deliberately added in to blur the lines of the car. Automakers do it in real life.

About the only reason I knew it's the 991 GT3 RS is that I distinguished enough of the features to tell it is the RS, but the stickers will be fewer on the final reveal (badges, gauges).

Edited by XAxles

Can it be that the stickers are part of the model and the box will remain like this?!

Can it be that the stickers are part of the model and the box will remain like this?!

No. Like I said above yours, it's camo. It wouldn't show up in the final set, and the car itself definitely will not be black.

The box looks amazing like that. Now I am worried that any change they make might not be an improvement.

And mind you I like those stickers and the black color.... go figure.

I hope a 41999 style box, this looks so good...

I like the new short panels.

Also the rims seems to have the pivot point more in the center ( but not 100% sure about this, need ot see better pictures ).

No. Like I said above yours, it's camo. It wouldn't show up in the final set, and the car itself definitely will not be black.

Yeah I know it's camo :wink:

But it would be nice to have the stickers for the final model. Seems like an original idea.

So TLG has produced quite a few new parts in black, just to use on this camo version. That's something they don't do every day (if I am not mistaken). I hope the final version will be more colorful, like grey and orange or something, although I would be happy with black too.

For the design a big Bravo for Lego! An official set, which grown now to the level of the top mocs (design-wise).

I agree with the temporary camouflage cover. Also the inside is too plain black, I believe on purpose to hide most details.

Also the camouflage stickers underline my thoughts: this is really meant to appear in petrol-head media, just like real prototypes.

Clever hype generating. :wink:

p.s.: I am on the hook...

Edited by agrof

So TLG has produced quite a few new parts in black, just to use on this camo version. That's something they don't do every day (if I am not mistaken).

Probably Porsche AG's orders or idea.

and the car itself definitely will not be black.

What color will it be?

If this is motorized, the receiver is new. I don't see an antenna or the telltale ir receiver bump.

The panels on the inside of the front fenders look like another pair of the new curved panels

I hope the final version will be more colorful, like grey and orange or something, although I would be happy with black too.

The car is seen around my neck of the Internet as orange, as it's the color that it was painted with on its reveal a year ago, though if you go configure one, there's many more. As this is LEGO and cars, however, they'll do the orange one.

This is the one we most need a toy fair video of now!

The car is seen around my neck of the Internet as orange, as it's the color that it was painted with on its reveal a year ago, though if you go configure one, there's many more. As this is LEGO and cars, however, they'll do the orange one.

I really like the black it is in now (but with more highlights and coloured interior of course and without those stickers obviously) or dark blue, or maybe even dark red? I think a dark or metallic colour is what this car really needs.

Edited by allanp

Something like this?

porsche-911-gt3-04.jpg

Looks like a great set, I love the shaping with the panels, It would be cool to see this vehicle in a dark blue, orange or lime green/dark green.

Something like this?

porsche-911-gt3-04.jpg

534e7dbd0292a07c037bae3ae97c10e8.jpg

Above: whatever that camo is trying to hide.

Edited by XAxles

Nice!!

And how about that missing HoG?