Malou

New Simpsons set in 2016?

Have you not seen Otto using drugs or a bong? That's why!

Maybe he does, but not in the overwhelming majority of his appearances; usually he's just driving the bus. Barney is drunk nearly all the time, and AFAICT Patty and Selma smoke all the time they're not at work or asleep.

Homer and Krusty too

Every single reason why you think LEGO won't produce a character: Homer already did it.

He has was a bartender, he used drugs, he killed people, he was a gangster, he was a church minister.....

LEGO® can withhold, that he uses drugs.

Snake literally kills people and they made him!

I think it's not appropriate for 5+ kids, but it can use it for 12+ kids.

IMO, I think we can unofficialy say that the Simpsons line is dead but maybe not buried yet.

The Simpsons is apparently going to end in Season 30 (2018-2019). Rumor has it there will be another movie in 2019.

So they will be revelant again in a couple of years. Maybe they will come back in LEGO then.

The Simpsons is apparently going to end in Season 30 (2018-2019). Rumor has it there will be another movie in 2019.

So they will be revelant again in a couple of years. Maybe they will come back in LEGO then.

Wasn't that only an estimated end rather than a definite one?

Regardless, I'll be shocked if a Simpsons Movie sequel doesn't come out at some point. They're probably just waiting for the best idea - and that's always the best way.

The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop was also in one of this year D2C rumors.

The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop was also in one of this year D2C rumors.

Is this rumor still believable or is there a definite NO for a Simpsons D2C set in 2016?

I think if there is no word of a new set at the New York Toy fair then theres not much hope for any sets in 2016. Please let me be wrong.

IMHO they made a bad choice with those 2 big buildings (which I've collected, though). The Simpsons was perfect for a lot of small vignette sets.

I think so too, i was planning splitting the house into separate vignettes, one per room; that would make it easier to display

I wish they would make more ! What about a krusty burger ? My fav set was the kwik e mart , what detail !! Really hope they introduce a new set this year *fingers crossed *

I wish they would make more ! What about a krusty burger ? My fav set was the kwik e mart , what detail !! Really hope they introduce a new set this year *fingers crossed *

I wish they'd do smaller sets that don't cost £169 or something ridiculous. How about a £80 Android's Dungeon? Or a £50 Family Sedan?

I see no reason they couldn't do a Krusty Burger set. I think it would sell well. Probably fit well into the $60-$80 price range too.

They could easily do a line of sets with smaller designs similar to the Friends line if they wanted. I don´t have any hope now though. Wish they had leaked another whole year set and promotions list like last year.

Based on relevance in the show it should be Moes Tavern but that will obviously not work.

Comic Shop seems a bit too obscure but could be fun.

After that buildings of the school and nuclear plant would be too big and would end in something uncomfortably small like Assault on Hoth.

They could easily do a line of sets with smaller designs similar to the Friends line if they wanted. I don´t have any hope now though. Wish they had leaked another whole year set and promotions list like last year.

Based on relevance in the show it should be Moes Tavern but that will obviously not work.

Comic Shop seems a bit too obscure but could be fun.

After that buildings of the school and nuclear plant would be too big and would end in something uncomfortably small like Assault on Hoth.

Well the Elementary and Power Plant don't have to be huge, just do the interior of the plant, Burn's office and Homer's work station. Same goes for the Springfield Elementary.

Well the Elementary and Power Plant don't have to be huge, just do the interior of the plant, Burn's office and Homer's work station. Same goes for the Springfield Elementary.

Yeah it really bothers me there's no skinner fig! he's so central to the show

I agree! We could have more than another minifigure series just of central characters and/or popular side characters (like Hans Moleman)

1. Skinner

2. Otto

3. Moe

4. Barny

5. Lenny

6. Carl

7. Sideshow Bob

8. Cletus

9. Reverend Lovejoy

10. Sherri/Terri

11. Kang/Kodos

12. Mayor Quimby

13. Maude Flanders

14. Bumblee Man

15. Crazy Cat Lady

16. Disco Stu

17. Sea Captain

18. Squeaky Voiced Teen

And I'm leaving out so many others and not leaving room for the reusing of molds i.e. how we had the simpsons family and Milhouse. (Yes I realize that some people think Lego would never make some of those figures, but there are plenty of others too)

And I'm leaving out so many others and not leaving room for the reusing of molds i.e. how we had the simpsons family and Milhouse.

Other characters who have appeared more than once (and whose character-specific molds have been reused accordingly):

Ned Flanders

Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Chief Clancy Wiggum

Krusty the Clown

I agree! We could have more than another minifigure series just of central characters and/or popular side characters (like Hans Moleman)

1. Skinner

2. Otto

3. Moe

4. Barny

5. Lenny

6. Carl

7. Sideshow Bob

8. Cletus

9. Reverend Lovejoy

10. Sherri/Terri

11. Kang/Kodos

12. Mayor Quimby

13. Maude Flanders

14. Bumblee Man

15. Crazy Cat Lady

16. Disco Stu

17. Sea Captain

18. Squeaky Voiced Teen

And I'm leaving out so many others and not leaving room for the reusing of molds i.e. how we had the simpsons family and Milhouse. (Yes I realize that some people think Lego would never make some of those figures, but there are plenty of others too)

The problem with these is what is in it for new collectors? No Bart, no Homer, etc. In the same way Batman keeps reappearing, the Simpsons family will need to be there for new collectors to have some interest in them.

The problem with these is what is in it for new collectors? No Bart, no Homer, etc. In the same way Batman keeps reappearing, the Simpsons family will need to be there for new collectors to have some interest in them.

I thought that was part of the point - that in addition to characters such as these, we could also have further new variants of the core family members (or other prominent characters) to fill out the assortment.

For example, if we took just the eighteen characters in ndawgg's post and divided them in half (to split between two series), we'd get two groups of nine. If we then add six more to each group (meaning fresh variations of the core family members and another character or two), we have two more full series of sixteen, very easily.

That said, I can see why they wouldn't. Given that they produce (just) three full sets of Minifigures for worldwide distribution each year, they have to pick and choose from a number of different options for each series, such as typical collections in the main numbered series, themed entries in that series like the recent Halloween assortment, tie-ins to the LEGO movies, and licensed series such as the two for The Simpsons and the upcoming all-Disney one, all while also occasionally doing more limited things like the two sports series when they're able and have reason to. While I think another series or two of The Simpsons could certainly do well, they surely want to use their finite production capacity for blind-bagged Minifigures for whatever will sell best, and I think they'd rather do a mix of more regular numbered series plus fresh new licenses than tying up a third of their Minifigures series each year for the foreseeable future on just characters from The Simpsons.

There are tons of other licenses I think they'd do one or two series of before a third or fourth or fifth from this one theme, and I can also see them being more interested in doing ongoing Disney series than Simpsons ones, as it's more diverse (being really a whole bunch of different movies and TV franchises than just one huge one), as well as arguably a better brand fit. And there are numerous other licensed themes - some currently active, others dormant but likely to return, and still others we might reasonably expect in the future - that they haven't done at all yet. I could easily see them wanting to do a Doctor Who series at some point, and/or an Indiana Jones series whenever the next movie rolls around (assuming it's not precluded by by a Hasbro action figure license like its bigger sibling in the Lucasfilm family), or any of a number of other such things. With them likely doing a series for each forthcoming sequel or spinoff of The LEGO Movie (with the possible exception of the LEGO Batman movie), plus presumably at least one more Disney series, I just don't see when they'd squeeze in another Simpsons series with everything else they want to do.

Edited by Blondie-Wan