Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

Huh, wut? What makes you say that?

Edit: Hah, yes, it looks indeed like so :laugh: I know OL paid for their shares to the RNTC. The rest is inner Oleander business.

But thanks for the idea, Maxim. Hmm... I guess this could be a worthy money-sink - some are looking for something like this :grin:

3 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Edit: Hah, yes, it looks indeed like so :laugh: I know OL paid for their shares to the RNTC. The rest is inner Oleander business.

But thanks for the idea, Maxim. Hmm... I guess this could be a worthy money-sink - some are looking for something like this :grin:

There is a better use for those DB than to give them to them Marderians! Give them to me instead, I can make use of them...

22 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

So you are saying a lot without explaining why RNTC paid 2.5k to Mardier... :look:

Why RNTC? Pourquoi?

As a general rule, the RNTC will purchase assets; real property, licenses, insurance, port access, receivables, and securities, when the company's officials deem it to be in the company's best interest. Currently, the RNTC has a surplus of cash and very few assets.

I can also assure you that the RNTC will disclose all major acquisitions in its quarterly reports.

Further inquiries into the RNTC's operations can be addressed in the RNTC thread. :pir-classic:

18 hours ago, SkaForHire said:

I think these are better questions for the Oleon thread not this thread. lol

I agree, so these posts had been moved. :thumbup: 

19 hours ago, Maxim I said:

So you are saying a lot without explaining why RNTC paid 2.5k to Mardier... :look:

Why RNTC? Pourquoi?

You sir, seem surprisingly certain in your accusation. Where I an Oleander gentleman I would require some form of satisfaction. (More duels!! :pir-tongue:)

19 minutes ago, Bregir said:

You sir, seem surprisingly certain in your accusation. Where I an Oleander gentleman I would require some form of satisfaction. (More duels!! :pir-tongue:)

Me want some satisfaction as well. The reason behind the payment still isn't explained properly.

It would be a shame that I wake up, read my KPA and discover that Oleon made a dubious agreement with Mardier for a raid on a certain harbour next to one of their newest projects...

Just now, Maxim I said:

The reason behind the payment still isn't explained properly.

Should you at any point in time require similar explanations from Corrington, I assure you we would not be inclined to disclose information regarding internal affairs to foreigners. Have you not heard of the prime directive? :pir-tongue:

Just now, Bregir said:

Should you at any point in time require similar explanations from Corrington, I assure you we would not be inclined to disclose information regarding internal affairs to foreigners. Have you not heard of the prime directive? :pir-tongue:

It is the right of a nation with a friendly relationship to ask in the court of that befriended nation more information about deals with their enemy. :wink:

Correct, it is your right to ask, but it is not your right to get an answer... :pir-wink:

5 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Correct, it is your right to ask, but it is not your right to get an answer... :pir-wink:

Since when are you talking in the name of Oleon?:P

Just now, Legostone said:

Since when are you talking in the name of Oleon?:P

For the record, I was talking on behalf of Corrington. RE:

9 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

It is the right of a nation with a friendly relationship

I do suspect the Blues feel the same, though... :pir-wink:

Well, as a RNTC preferred stockholder, I think it is reasonable to ask for more information on such a large expenditure without having to wait for the quarterly report. I believe Maxim, Legostone, and I are all preferred stockholders. So, I'm asking: would the RNTC please enlighten its stockholders about this expenditure now?

My only question is what an npc faction is supposed to do with those doubloons?

or does Oleon try to fight inflation by throwing doubloons out of the game system?

Edited by Jacob Nion

1 minute ago, Jacob Nion said:

My only question is what an npc faction is supposed to do with those doubloons?

or does Oleon try to fight inflation by throwing doubloons out of the game system?

Well, both Mardier and Garvey got several thousand DBs last month (over 12000 and over 7000), so something will happen I guess... 

On 2/8/2017 at 1:53 PM, Maxim I said:

Was this all for a laugh or is there something I am not seeing, because I can't find a 'smoking gun' here.

Feb 617

Oleon - inflow: 2500 outflow: 9212

RNTC - inflow: 9239 outflow: 5206

Mardier - inflow: 2531 outflow: 31

It looks suspicious I guess, but that is not a zero sum equation.  While Ska is playing the Mardier NPC faction that 2.5k could represent money from the old world or any of a hundred other elements that could be in play.  I expect the answers will be at most semi-entertaining and in the next KPA.

Having said that, I truly hope there is a "secret payoff" because it would be very amusing for me.  It's not like ESL didn't spend the fall making enemies with their 1) threatening to invade Oleon proper and 2) declaring war on Mardier over their island squatting.  For the so called merchant faction, the greenies are pretty hawkish; heck, they have been "employing" me for 2 months now to do their dirty work.  :devil:

Kwatchi, certainly Lord Damaximus, member of the Eslandolan colonial council and thus representative of his state, must have more conclusive evidence than such mere conjecture to make such accusations! Otherwise, it would be absolutely scandalous! :O :P ;)

Also, more secret payments, please! ;)

At Kwatchi, your info is indeed correct :)

the 2500 is the missing link between the 5K RNTC spend and the 2,5K Oleon received as inflow. When looking to all other incoming db's, those 2,5K can only have been gone to Mardier :)

4 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Kwatchi, certainly Lord Damaximus, member of the Eslandolan colonial council and thus representative of his state, must have more conclusive evidence than such mere conjecture to make such accusations! Otherwise, it would be absolutely scandalous! :O :P ;)

Also, more secret payments, please! ;)

Surely a representative of the RNTC would speak up if there was nothing to hide. :wink:

And I think Montoya must be speaking with an Oleander accent these days, given how much he seems to speak for them! Can his own countrymen even understand him anymore? :laugh:

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

Surely a representative of the RNTC would speak up if there was nothing to hide. :wink:

And I think Montoya must be speaking with an Oleander accent these days, given how much he seems to speak for them! Can his own countrymen even understand him anymore? :laugh:

And if there is something to hide they could've done it way better. Just look at the transactions from Eslandolans after any MRCA - try to follow any transactions there :pir-laugh:

Corrington is always welcoming improved relations with any nation inclined to a mutually beneficial relation! And certainly, that is why Montoya is trying to defend the actions of Lord Damaximus! :pir-wink:

Au revoir! :pir-tongue:

Wooo, I'm quite enjoying this wild goose chase, here. My preferred contribution so far is the 'prove your innocence!' request... Your 'democracy' reveals its police state self :laugh:

Do I sense some green paranoid panic in the face of yellow raiding fleets?

Now, continue the speculations! :tongue:

All I can say is, if the RNTC has been investing in Marderian Treasury Bonds: DIE.  Dumbest Investment Ever. :pir-tongue:

Well... The RNTC and Oleon certainly have one thing going for them... :sadnew:

They're not the ones who set out to Kolonoscopize Mardierian @$$... :look: :pir-hmpf: :pir-look: :sick: :sick: :sick: :pir-murder: :pir-skel:

I mean, can you imagine? That had to be a dirty job. I hope it paid well...

:pir-wink: :pir-wink:

Edited by Captain Dee