8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

Will'nt? That's a new one.

As said before, I was told Wildlife Photographer comes with a hood and a penguin.

I don't like "Won't". It doesn't make sense as a contraction. "I wo not". I use "Willn't" because it makes sense.

More on topic, does anyone else think that the Ras-Al-Guhl in the coming DC set and the Arabian Knight will both have the same new sword piece?

I Googled Ras-Al-Guhl, and he has a sword that looks similar to pictures posted here of Arabian Knights.

I hope that the Wildlife Photographer comes with a Lion or a Tiger.

That would be the best thing ever.

You mean a cub, right? That would be nice

But so far the only new pieces cofirmed are:

Banana costume

Penguin mask

Acoustic Guitar

Dog

I don't think we need a new camera. A new shield would be great, though, as would a new turban, or the Prince of Persia turban in a new color.

But so far the only new pieces cofirmed are:

Banana costume

Penguin mask

Acoustic Guitar

Dog

No, a penguin (animal) has been confirmed, and seems to be placed with the Photographer. So no lions.

I'm hoping the penguin is a new mold. Friends animals are OK in minidoll themes, but minifigure themed animals have a different feel.

I do not think they have ever used the same animal mould but with different printing in a "normal" and a minidoll theme! I thought this was the case for the cmf chimpanzee and the friends orangutan, but saw I was wrong after seeing a better picture of the orangutan..

The penguin is one of the better minidoll animals to give a "normal" face paint (since they often are rather round naturally in shape), but I agree with you; a new mould would be much better :thumbup:

I'm not expecting anything unique for the hiker.

Maybe a new cap+hair combo piece

But yeah, it's unlikely

Edited by Robert8

Nope! I meant a full scale Lion or Tiger mold.

That's why I said it willn't happen.

It was useless speculation really. It's already pretty certain about the Penguin, I think.

There was a rumor that the Hiker would get an animal too, right? What about the skunk piece recolored as a squirrel or raccoon? Squirrel would work best, I think.

The skunk recolored would more likely be a badger or a wolverine. The body shape is all wrong for a squirrel. It is also not round enough for a racoon.

Edited by gedren_y

The skunk recolored would more likely be a badger or a wolverine. The body shape is all wrong for a squirrel. It is also not round enough for a racoon.

Too big for a squirrel, I agree.

in practice I think that only even works for a wolverine, 'badger' really depends on what species you're most familiar with, and that body shape is nothing like a Eurasian badger for example.

I was thinking that the baby from the Indian woman could be used for the babysitter maybe.

Probably not, as we have another new baby "figure" coming out in the City sets who is more suited to contemporary use.

Although switching subjects, I was giving it some thought, and I wonder if the Ice Queen might utilize the new fur/neck piece (perhaps in white) introduced with Kraven the Hunter for Marvel's summer wave. I could see that piece being used for Cruella de Vil too, but that may be jumping to conclusions. Either way, I want the White Witch!

Series 16 comes out after Disney. I don't think we will see any of these at that Toy Fair. Still there are always interesting things to find out at these events.

Do they show unreleased CMF series anymore? I bet it's going to be the same placeholder box as the last Toy Fairs.

Edited by 8BrickMario