Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'm really on the fence about the U-Wing. I love the design but I can't help but feel TLG's model is a little clunky.

If it wasnt all black I would definitely buy Krennic's shuttle. I have cats so between the dust and the cat fuzz Black is a terrible time for me when displaying models...or wearing clothes....or really anything black :blush:

7 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I'm really on the fence about the U-Wing. I love the design but I can't help but feel TLG's model is a little clunky.

If it wasnt all black I would definitely buy Krennic's shuttle. I have cats so between the dust and the cat fuzz Black is a terrible time for me when displaying models...or wearing clothes....or really anything black :blush:

Glass cases.

4 minutes ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Glass cases.

True enough. I may look into that if they aren't too expensive. 

The U-Wing does look chunky. I'm going to get it because I need a rebel transport. I saw just2goods hover tank review and I really like it. Looks like you can put a lot of minifigs on top of it which is nice.

I don't don't know if it would be possible to add an hatch on top of the tank so that a tanker may peep his upper half body out. I feel it's the only thing really missing on the model. 

3 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I don't don't know if it would be possible to add an hatch on top of the tank so that a tanker may peep his upper half body out. I feel it's the only thing really missing on the model. 

That is definitely a disappointment. A tanker standing in his tank, hatch open, is not just an iconic look - it is what we saw in the R1 trailer, too.

OUBt4pM.jpg

Other than that, it seems like a good set.

5 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I've been have a little play around with this in preparation for getting the set and I think I have a reasonable solution. I'll post some pictures when I have the set - a week tomorrow!

There definitely should be a way to redo the hatch. Also it may just be me but if I got a glass case I would probably put my minifigs in it. Though if I did a little MOC battle with sets then I would put a caseing over it.

6 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

From the way it is constructed, I think it is fairly easy to do that modification in order to put a hatch on top.

Edited by makoy

I was just discussing this with a buddy earlier today. I think adding in the top hatch will be an easy mod. It is a little annoying that lego didn't include it though.

Am I missing something? J2G clearly showed in his review that there's already a perfectly functional top hatch. Why is everyone discussing adding one?

1 minute ago, Nokturn said:

Am I missing something? J2G clearly showed in his review that there's already a perfectly functional top hatch. Why is everyone discussing adding one?

The top hatch that lego has opens the entire top of the tank, and seems to be there purely to access the inside. We are referring to a small opening that a single figure can pop out of, as shown in that picture. You can imagine that having the current hatch open with a figure standing up wouldn't give the same aesthetic from the picture above.

What jhaelego said, take a look at the picture above. You cannot do this with the set, because there is no real hatch, but rather an easy opening to access the inside.

But it should be easily modified - which is why I am surprised Lego did not make it so in the first place. They made some very good hatches for the walkers (AT-DP and AT-ST).

I'm not that sure it can be easily modified though, but I only ever did a minor tweaks on official sets. 

I think the challenge is going to incorporate this without scraping any major official features.

13 hours ago, makoy said:

From the way it is constructed, I think it is fairly easy to do that modification in order to put a hatch on top.

I would like to change the interior to make place for two seaters, I've done that before with the Slave 1

If the battle packs next year are good I may buy a bunch of those. 10 each is a lot of money so I may skimp out on the rogue one wave. 

11 hours ago, Nom Carver said:

Whats the big deal with the tank? I would buy that set only for the troopers and on clearance.

I don't see the big deal about it either. I only see myself picking it up on impulse if there's nothing else to buy. Definitely the weakest set of the wave.

12 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

Got Krennics shuttle and the U wing with 40% off the set before street date, happy days. ?

Awesome! May I ask where? Myer 40% of second toy deal?