Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I would call that "damage control": :)

https://shop.lego.com/en-DE/Death-Star-Ultimate-Kit-5005217

Death Star™ Ultimate Kit

Relive all the iconic Death Star scenes with the Death Star Ultimate Kit. Build the ultimate planet destroyer and relive the key battle between Luke Skywalker and his father, Darth Vader. Kit includes both the Death Star and Death Star Final Duel. This kit is available for a limited time only, from 15th of September to 31st of October 2016.

That kit has to be a joke, right?

Nevermind the freacking fact that there already is an Emperor room in the model with the exact same figs.

Jesus Chirst that's weird...

Final Duel is on deep clearance at most retailers, so I assume LEGO is trying to clear out stock. Still overpriced as a "kit" though.

Best is they come with the tunics and belts with boxes, i.e. for naval security and guards duties, rather than with the jumpsuits (and mics) for non-combat duties.

Right. Lego has been pretty clever with the distribution of the minifigs. You still only get the grey caps for navy crewmen and officers in the ISD iirc. Now navy troopers and officers with black tunics are Death Star exclusive. People complain about (non-Rebels) Stormtroopers being expansive, but collecting navy personnel...

On the bright side: the Imperial Navy personnel gets ever more complete, especially with the Grand Admiral coming.

I know the feeling...

I created the new decorations for rendering in POV-Ray just to scratch an itch:

ame4CKq.pngkxLdvF5.png0fujh3z.png

You can download them in the LIBRARY: Star Wars Imperial Officers Decals / Stickers / Decorations topic.

Edited by lomis

I would call that "damage control": :)

https://shop.lego.co...ate-Kit-5005217

Thanks for the info, I hadn't noticed that! Interestingly, in the UK at least, the 'kit' has an overall discount of £30. If this is an attempt at softening the price hike hopefully we'll get some other decent deals in the next 12 months. I'm expecting some pretty scathing reviews on the LEGO website for 75159 when it's finally released; hopefully TLG will listen to them! :hmpf_bad:

I guess now we need new UCS Cloud City too, to make a kit with 75137 :laugh:

Thanks for the info, I hadn't noticed that! Interestingly, in the UK at least, the 'kit' has an overall discount of £30. If this is an attempt at softening the price hike hopefully we'll get some other decent deals in the next 12 months. I'm expecting some pretty scathing reviews on the LEGO website for 75159 when it's finally released; hopefully TLG will listen to them! :hmpf_bad:

When I spoke to a Lego store employee last month about the Death Star he essentially described the deal as "buy the Death Star and get the duel half price"

When I spoke to a Lego store employee last month about the Death Star he essentially described the deal as "buy the Death Star and get the duel half price"

Really? Half the point of the Final Duel is for the uniqueness of the minifugres

I guess now we need new UCS Cloud City too, to make a kit with 75137 :laugh:

I don't think anyone would complain about that! :wink:

One day my dream of owning a new UCS Cloud City will become reality. I often wonder if there's a reason why TLG has released so few Dagobah & Bespin sets over the years. Considering the aftermarket prices of 10123 and 4502, there must be a huge potential market for them amongst OT fans, especially if it included a nice array of exclusive minifigures. I just hope that 75137 has decent sales figures; it might persuade them to look at it again.....

I don't think anyone would complain about that! :wink:

One day my dream of owning a new UCS Cloud City will become reality. I often wonder if there's a reason why TLG has released so few Dagobah & Bespin sets over the years. Considering the aftermarket prices of 10123 and 4502, there must be a huge potential market for them amongst OT fans, especially if it included a nice array of exclusive minifigures. I just hope that 75137 has decent sales figures; it might persuade them to look at it again.....

If it doesnt have ice cream machine man im out lol

To be completely honest I would just like to know what the Star Wars design team is thinking at the moment. With the rich plethora of Star Wars lore to pull from we seem to keep seeing the same designs or locations used.

Assault on Hoth is a perfect example. It utilizes very few new aspects of hoth. The death star has barely any changes to it as if the team was afraid of the risks of doing so.

Lego Shop@Home has additional pictures of all the Rouge One sets. Of particular interest are interior shots of Krennic's shuttle and the other vehicles. The interior of the shuttle is very accessible!

Found at a Target - from Reddit

*Snip*

Nice! I would expect more and more people to find these on the coming days so we can probably expect some reviews up soon.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images :-)

Nice! I would expect more and more people to find these on the coming days so we can probably expect some reviews up soon.

If it's anything like last year, that's doubtful. The Rogue Friday merchandise is supposed to be heavily restricted and only released on the intended date.

Incredible...

Somewhere in in a conference room in Billund in 2015.

lol exactly my thoughts when I saw the news about the "new" Death Star :grin:

anothert skip for me... :sceptic:

Bought Rebel Combat Frigate set today and I like it a lot more now that I've built it. The build itself was quite difficult , mainly because of a lot of technic parts, and strangely it took me 2,5 hours to build it compared to 3 hrs it took me to build Milenium Falcon ( which has more pieces). Exterior is quite nice, but interior is horrible! Barely enough space for 4 minifigs, and rather bad representation of ships control room. The minifigures of the sets except Ahsoka are either repeats or plain new additions( Commander Sato), and there's only 4 minifigs + astromech in 110$ set! Lego could have easily included another named character like Zeb or Seventh Sister Inquisitor, or a couple of generic rebel troopers. In 2016 a 110$ set with only 4 minifigs is a huge rip-off, and isn't acceptable . And price per part ratio is off the charts . Overall while this ship looks cool on the shelf it's not worth 110$, Ahsoka is the only reason to buy this set which would sell without her. You'd be better off saving some money and just Bricklinking Ahsoka's minifigure .

Edited by benderisgreat

BrickVault has a video review of the new Death Star if anyone wants to check it out.

I don't know as I've never built the Death Star but... from watching the build part of this video I was wondering if it might be possible to MOD the set so each floor is removable. From the video it looks like each floor is built completely befor attaching it - could some tiles and jumpers be included between floors to make it a modular?all the walls seem to be 2 studs thick - any chance of making them 2 layers of single studs so the segments could be separated?

-Anyone who owns 10188 ever tried this?

-Anyone who owns 10188 ever tried this?

Interesting question... I just built mine last December, but I have already forgotten. I had a peek at mine, and you probably wouldn't want to do the bottom section, as it would get very top heavy, but I think you could get away with doing this with the top 2 sections. Not really sure what purpose it would serve though.

Darth Revan Is BACK!!!

September 30th only via the Lego shops and online store with any Starwars purchase.

It's decided now I'm gonna camp the hell out of the online store september 30th.

Darth Revan Is BACK!!!

September 30th only via the Lego shops and online store with any Starwars purchase.

It's decided now I'm gonna camp the hell out of the online store september 30th.

Where did you find this out?