Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

They better include a bag of dust in the box! Its in the picture if they don't package it, its a false advertisement!

This is golden.

But it is indeed ironic that out of all the sets they photograph, this is the one on which dust is clearly visible in the final official pictures. Maybe it's because this model has been on a desk at Lego for such a long time?

Normal display of sets will cause a bit of dust collection. I think it's just trying to be accurate to what it'll actually look like when you have it :D

The photo embargo was till August 30th right?

Are this photos that been on Reddit for awhile ok to post now?

[snip]

(If it didn't end I'll remove it)

Oh for goodness sake. Lego why dont you just dual mold the tank drivers legs? If that meant we only got one figure in the set I would be fine with that as it would look better then black printing on only one side of the leg. Same for the shore trooper.

Besides that the figures look excellent and the molding work as per usual with SW is top notch.

Edited by Brickdoctor
Removed leaked images.

well I am not an expert like most of you hare, but I still have the feeling that there is a huge bitterness in most of comments here about those new sets. Was it this way also with older ones, or is it just a phenom en of the upcoming ones?

well I am not an expert like most of you hare, but I still have the feeling that there is a huge bitterness in most of comments here about those new sets. Was it this way also with older ones, or is it just a phenom en of the upcoming ones?

It's always the same from what I can tell.

I'm quite new here myself but taking 10 minutes to looks over previous year's discussions there's complaints all over the place. That's why I find it so funny with all these 'LEGO need to sack their teams and start again because these sets are awful and the designers are clearly complacent and lazy, this is the beginning of the end for LEGO' People - YOU'VE BEING SAYIN' THAT FOR YEARS NOW, AND LEGO IS LITERALLY THE MOST POWERFUL BRAND IN THE WORLD (at least it was last year http://brandfinance.com/news/press-releases/lego-overtakes-ferrari-as-the-worlds-most-powerful-brand/ )

Back on topic, I think these new sets are some of the finest ever, with the U Wing, At-St, Hovertank, and constraction figures looking amazing in my opinion.

Plus, an awesome Death Star remake! (a copy of an amazing thing is surely still an amazing thing right?)

Edited by Mymaker123

I think the hairpieces that are created can be considered a little differently to the Malibu Stacy hat sketch. The hairpieces are often reused as with Tarkin/Dr Who/Venkman and I'm assuming various others as time goes on. Finn's hair is now used on Falcon and may be used on future Lando figures... Superman's hair is on Poe Dameron and the German National Team etc...

This is just a development of a hairpiece that fits very well for Han on his figures but may well be used for other themes in the future rather than just a single point of difference to sell a set.

Yeah, but since 3 years TLG has increased the hairmolds like 30 times... Just saying - I rather'd like to see existing hairmolds used more often and in all kinds of colours. The 4 Scooby Doo hairpieces - never used again, as many other special molds. Plus there were plenty possible and existing hairmolds that could be used for Obi Wan & Luke.

The photo embargo was till August 30th right?

Are this photos that been on Reddit for awhile ok to post now?

[snip]

(If it didn't end I'll remove it)

September 30th, sorry. (It's in the first post of this topic, for future reference.)

All of the minifigs are also in 75159

Despite the minifigures it's probably worth getting the final duel AND 75159. As someone who owns 75093 and 10188 the final duel is vastly superior and can be used to update the throne room with more detail.

Edited by LordLEGOtube

It's always the same from what I can tell.

I'm quite new here myself but taking 10 minutes to looks over previous year's discussions there's complaints all over the place. That's why I find it so funny with all these 'LEGO need to sack their teams and start again because these sets are awful and the designers are clearly complacent and lazy, this is the beginning of the end for LEGO' People - YOU'VE BEING SAYIN' THAT FOR YEARS NOW, AND LEGO IS LITERALLY THE MOST POWERFUL BRAND IN THE WORLD (at least it was last year http://brandfinance.com/news/press-releases/lego-overtakes-ferrari-as-the-worlds-most-powerful-brand/ )

Plus, an awesome Death Star remake! (a copy of an amazing thing is surely still an amazing thing right?)

It's just that the SW line this year has exponentially decreased in quality and value, compared to itself and the rising quality of other themes. As a kid I would've complained about it as well, since it would be even more expensive for me in comparison. Also, as the most popular toy brand, they think they can get away with all of the corner cutting moves they make (and frankly, they're right). The fantastic RO wave does not save 2016 from being the worst IMO.

As for your final point, just like TFA, a remake with incoherent little extra pieces added here and there does not make for another amazing thing.

We now have confirmation from the Brickset article that Krennic's Shuttle will have enough interior space to fit the Death Troopers. I'm imagining it'll be similar to 75094 in that regard. Maybe we'll get some more images soon.

Saw the prices of the new sets.

They are really getting expensive.

Unbelievable like 75156 Krennic’s Imperial Shuttle $89.99 USD / $119.99 CAD / €100 EU.

You can't say, yeah that's inflation.

Those Lego Star Wars prices are getting ridiculous or is it just me?

Does Lego have to pay so much 'royalties' to Disney to make Lego Star Wars sets.

I have to find another hobby

Unbelievable like 75156 Krennic’s Imperial Shuttle $89.99 USD / $119.99 CAD / €100 EU.

That's $30 less than Kylo Ren's Shuttle, and looks about the right scale smaller to be $90 to me.

Lego Star Wars prices aren't as bad as people seem to think. The average set is still around 12 cents per piece. The pieces are just more commonly hidden away in the internal structure.

US prices are fine. I really hate that Euro prices are 10 bucks more :sceptic:

Better than the times that UK/EU prices are randomly a higher number than the dollar value, despite having a stronger currency. Those price points are just ridiculous

The prices seem very reasonable in comparison to Force Awakens set prices, especially the U-Wing and Krennic's Shuttle.

That was my first thought, as well. Although, I will say that the TIE Fighters seem to be incredibly overpriced every single time. I wonder why that is.

Compared to the Hasbro toys, these prices don't seem bad or at least seem in line with all of the other RO merchandise. I saw the Rogue One AT-ACT coming from Hasbro is going to be $300 US.

I really like the hovertank and AT-ST, but €40 and €50.. and since this year dutch prices have been higher then the baseline euro prices... so im expecting €45-50 and €55-60...

IF i can find a good deal i might buy em, but honestly, maintaining an imperial army is getting expensive these days, what happened to that free whookie slave labour?

I really like the new han solo minifig, the hair looks great. but I just got the last death star last x-mas so I cant justify buying the new one :sceptic:. I might try to brick link the new han though :grin:

I was really hoping for 110 CAN for Krennic Shuttle... Btw can anyone tell me where are all the official prices are? They are not listed on bricklink yet, at least in CAN.

Thanks!

Starwarsnewsnet has a few close-up pictures of the RO minifigs:

[snip]

They even printed the Imperial insignia on the side of K-2SOs arms *oh2* I didn't even know they were able to print on the cutting area of bar pieces :laugh:

[sniiiiip]

Edited by Brickdoctor
Removed leaked images.