Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Still happening when? Sep/oct 2016? Any more specification on what the set she is in?

I'm also waiting for it. As far as I understand, the set could be included in the summer wave, but hasn't been unveiled, yet, because it is an exclusive. I could be wrong, though - in that case, please someone correct me. A release in sept/oct could also be plausible, because that would be shortly before or around the time REBELS season 3 starts. We know nothing substantial, yet, other than that it is an exclusive set, possibly a lackluster one, including Ahsoka - in the latter case as a selling point.

From what I understand, I think you had to spend a certain amount though the year to get invited.

Hmm odd, I've spent an awful lot of sets this year (non-related to sw sets, though) but not a single invite was received. But still, thanks for the info.

I don't know if this is relevant for this topic but since the other three were posted here, there's a fourth Resistance Rises video out:

There's a minifigure version of the backpack alien Bobbajo, but I think it's just one of those one off CG models that they make for these vids only.

Brickset just published a review of Unkarr's Brute that's exclusive to the Lego Star Wars Chronicles of the Force Book.

As it turns out a pretty cool figure, in fact I would say a lot more interesting then the Unkarr thug we got in Rey's Speeder.

Could have been better if included in Encounter on Jakku... I probably wait until the book is on sale before picking that up.

I don't know if this is relevant for this topic but since the other three were posted here, there's a fourth Resistance Rises video out:

There's a minifigure version of the backpack alien Bobbajo, but I think it's just one of those one off CG models that they make for these vids only.

I thought they made almost all of these figs eventually, but I guess for now we're pretty much done with TFA sets, so this is probably one of the ones we won't see.

I thought they made almost all of these figs eventually, but I guess for now we're pretty much done with TFA sets, so this is probably one of the ones we won't see.

We're not 'pretty much done with TFA sets'. TFA will continue to be mined for kits/figures just as Episode VIII and IX will in the decade to come. Lego Star Wars doesn't function like Super Heroes with a handful of kits for a movie and then nothing.

We're not 'pretty much done with TFA sets'. TFA will continue to be mined for kits/figures just as Episode VIII and IX will in the decade to come. Lego Star Wars doesn't function like Super Heroes with a handful of kits for a movie and then nothing.

Sorry, should have been more clear (it was pretty early when I posted :laugh:), what I meant was we're pretty much done with TFA sets until after Ep, VIII and IX and the next couple anthologies, I mean, we'll probably get a couple over the next few years, but I doubt we'll see more than one or two TFA sets a wave until then.

Edited by Kman860

Wow.....the Hoth Echo Base is perhaps one of my least favourite sets I've ever seen (not that I own it, just by watching reviews my perception of the set is not a positive one)....

The Space Slug set is awesome! I'm definitely going to try to build this from the parts I have. I think this is a major step up from the past exclusive microscale SW sets (Dagobah, Lars Homestead). I thought there'd be an official LEGO exogorth!

Wow.....the Hoth Echo Base is perhaps one of my least favourite sets I've ever seen (not that I own it, just by watching reviews my perception of the set is not a positive one)....

I have the horrible feeling that the much vaunted Death Star UCS set will be another collection of half finished sets, just as the new Hoth set is.

I have the horrible feeling that the much vaunted Death Star UCS set will be another collection of half finished sets, just as the new Hoth set is.

Don't say it out loud!

It was up for a bit. Was able to snag one. Review up tomorrow or so.

Did you pay for expedited shipping or you've known toysrus had this on sale for a while?

For what the Freemaker chronicles is, LEGO priced them low to entice as many people as possible. To be able to pay $90 (Or whatever the amount is per region) and get essentially every character from the show is great, much better than the Ghost and the Phantom being $120 (And you didn't even get a main villain or all the main characters!) Since the set contains a new version of Dengar, I've got to get the set. Not a bad deal for $30 either.

Worst case scenario and it is perhaps the minifigures will be a billion times better? Really what makes Assault on Hoth not work is that the individual models are all incomplete. If the Death Star did the same thing but included finished and well built models it wouldn't be a total loss.

Then again it would barely be a UCS.

Did you pay for expedited shipping or you've known toysrus had this on sale for a while?

Probably the latter. Try the email me when available thing? :grin:

Edited by CM4Sci