Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

The Carbon Freezing chamber is just stair and a platform, but does have Boba, and an Ugnaught (with frozen Han)

Sounds good! Thanks for the info. As you're usually good with knowing and finding out what figures are in new sets do you have any more information?

Microfighter Ghost has Hera, Tie has Pilot, Wookie ship has Wookie! AT-DP has pilot, the rebels battle pack has a speeder and 4 rebels, one of which is a radian, the empire battle pack has 4 stormiest, and is a mix of the clone command bars BP and the senate guard BP, both attack has rebel troopers and a probe droid and that's all I can remember.

I must admit having given us an almost perfect Boba Fett in a UCS ship it would seem odd to then give us the same figure in a $25 set... and I can't see them just dropping the printed arms or creating a variation on the print for some reason. We also got a frozen Han in the Slave 1.

Glad we have an Ugnaught though as it it does bring us even slightly closer to having a set of Cloud City characters to accompany Lobot and the revised Bespin Guard. It's just a shame that Lando and a Cloud Car Pilot seem as far away as they ever have.

Microfighter Ghost has Hera, Tie has Pilot, Wookie ship has Wookie! AT-DP has pilot, the rebels battle pack has a speeder and 4 rebels, one of which is a radian, the empire battle pack has 4 stormiest, and is a mix of the clone command bars BP and the senate guard BP, both attack has rebel troopers and a probe droid and that's all I can remember.

Thanks for this info HULK!! :sweet:

The Carbon Freezing chamber is just stair and a platform, but does have Boba, and an Ugnaught (with frozen Han)

Thanks Hulk_Smash, that's interesting news :classic:

Although it's a shame that Lando is missing, at least we're finally getting a Cloud City-based set! I'd be surprised if they use the current version of Boba Fett from the UCS Slave 1, as it's clearly one of the main selling points of it, but it would be good if they do. Hopefully this is a sign that there's others in the pipeline - it does seem odd that they'd do a 'standalone' set, although I thought that when I first saw 9678 :wink:

...Tie has Pilot...

Hopefully this is Rebels-styled? The Rebels style TIE pilots are terrific, just freakin' awesome. If this is true this might be my first microfighter release to load up on - the TIE pilots for Rebels somehow look so much better (screen accurate, too) than any of the previous OT TIE pilot, IMHO. The OT TIE pilot with the cutout face was particularly awful - don't recall which sets/years that was at the moment.

I got a lot of old TIE pilots on board the 10188 to replace if this is true. Awesome news.

Ugnaught is awesome news, too. For even if we don't get a proper Cloud City for years, at least we can use this minifigure in Cloud City Mocs - excellent.

HulkSmash, Did you see what the new Snowspeeder looked like ? Or any other Star Wars January 2016 sets for that matter other than the Carbon Freezing Chamber. Thank you for all the information you have provided so far :)

Are you referring to the Force Awakens one?

The droid escape looked less curved then the last one, looks like more then a couple of big pieces, and has two Jawas, Obi Wan's star fighter was the usual Ep3 one just red (and I could only see him in it) the Hoth Attack looked like a scaled down version of the one that came out last year.

Yes they are, however I'm not sure if the are OT or Rebels.

They sound like the Battlefront packs that have been rumored, so they would be OT style.

Did you happen to see the A-Wing? I'm really hoping that it includes some new Rebels figures.

Obi Wan's star fighter was the usual Ep3 one just red

Hooray :wub: I guess the 2016 TFA sets were just empty boxes, right? Wouldn't make any sense otherwise :grin:

@hulk:

Did you see the 2 2016 Force Awakens sets and the 2 Force Awakens microfighters?

And which figs are in the droid escape set? You mentioned 2 jawas...and I guess besides them only R2 & 3PO arw included?

Thanks for all the info Hulk_Smash! I'm totally guessing that Spring 2016 wave will have the A-Wing and Snowspeeder, but from Rebels. Just me guessing, no basis on this one.

I'm really surprised theres no Lando in the Carbon Freezing Chamber. However, I now have a very strong feeling that we may see a larger Cloud City set in the 2016 summer wave simply because LEGO went to the trouble of making that new hair for Finn (which would obviously be perfect for Lando as well).

Maybe we'll see a set similar in size to the Death Star Final Duel with Lando, Luke, Vader, Leia and a couple Stormtroopers.

I only saw the boxes for the TFA sets, and I didn't think it needed mentioning that 3po and r2 were in the droid escape set :)

I only saw the boxes for the TFA sets, and I didn't think it needed mentioning that 3po and r2 were in the droid escape set :)

oooooh! Please describe the boxes!

oooooh! Please describe the boxes!

I guarantee you they looked like this but with the Kylo Ren artwork.

y9fVbdQ.jpg

Black and said Star Wars.

Or not. :tongue:

Edited by CM4Sci