Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Someone asked about Janson a while ago and I did a retouch and posted it on my Flickr. Definitely his helmet in that video

I am just wondering, are only some sets being released on Jan 1? On S@H only Episode 7 sets are listed. (Sorry if this has been answered already)

In NA only the episode 7 sets (minus the xwing) are coming on the 1st. The other ones are coming in a later month.

I am just wondering, are only some sets being released on Jan 1? On S@H only Episode 7 sets are listed. (Sorry if this has been answered already)

In the UK everything but the TFA sets has been available since yesterday. The TFA sets/micro fighters/constraction sets are out in the 1st Jan, although the TFA battle packs/ micro fighters/constraction sets are already in toy shops and supermarkets.

I love Wes Janson, the greatest prankster of the New Republic, as much as the next guy, but will we finally get a new Wedge?

I think it would make sense for both of them to be available next year, since they were in the same T-47 speeder.

Aliexpress sells knockoff/fake products that are manufactured in Hong Kong and China. Do not buy anything from them.

Unless you want a boot leg. most boot legs are trainspairent for some reason. Force gohst clones :wink:

Bootlegs/copies/ripoffs/other company's items all belong in a different thread. This is for the rumors and pics of 2016 items. Thanks!

I know it's a stretch, but I'd be very happy if the Encounter on Jakku would be ...

Spoiler, don't click unless you watched the movie

...Rey meeting BB-8. The set could include Rey, a teedo, a luggerbeast and BB-8. Any details, Just2Good? :classic:

In NA only the episode 7 sets (minus the xwing) are coming on the 1st. The other ones are coming in a later month.

That's a shame. I was planning on grabbing at least 2 out of 3 between Droid Escape, Carbonite Chamber, and the Hoth Battle set on Jan 1. Guess it will be the Brick Bank then.

I know it's a stretch, but I'd be very happy if the Encounter on Jakku would be ...

Spoiler, don't click unless you watched the movie

...Rey meeting BB-8. The set could include Rey, a teedo, a luggerbeast and BB-8. Any details, Just2Good? :classic:

That would be great. I loved that scene. I'd also be happy with other scenes mentioned earlier:

I would love the early scene with Poe, Lor San Tekka, BB-8, and some of the First Order Troops (possibly including Kylo Ren or Captain Phasma). I don't think Lor San Tekka would be boring.

I would also love the other scene with Unkar Plutt, Finn, Rey, BB-8, and some thugs. I don't see this as much as a possibility, though.

Either of these would work best for me, but the one posted by Lynx with the luggerbeast would be cool (as long as it comes like the dewback, I don't like brick-built creatures).

Edited by x105Black

I have been looking at Lego Shop@Home for multiple countries daily for the past couple of weeks, while this could be possible, I don't think that the winter sets will (sans The Force Awakens sets) be delayed to late January or February. The European Shop@Home sites didn't list The Force Awakens sets, even though the other sets were listed, until about a week ago when they appear on North American Shop@Home sites days beforehand. The Resistance X-Wing Microfighter didn't appear on European sites until a few days ago. While this is totally off topic, the NEXO Knights sets are not listed on the North American sites while I have seen them in stores in my area. Also, the Batman vs. Superman sets are also not listed but they are out in the wild. It is likely that North American sites have not been updated and all sets may be released on January 1st. I also remember in 2012, only the Malevolence was listed before its release date on North American sites. (References to other themes are stated to support my point)

Edit 12/28/15: NEXO Knights sets appeared on North American Shop@Home sites today, but only 6 sets out of 18 Lego is releasing were put online. There is still a strong chance that Lego is releasing all winter 2016 sets on January 1st.

Edited by LegoBari31

Maybe this for the summer TFA sets

Encounter on Jakku

-Luggebeast

-teedo

-BB8

-rey

Starkiller battle

-base segments

- chewie

- han

- 2× stormtroopers

The jakku village

- hut

- lor san tekka

- villager

- finn stormtrooper

- flametrooper

- stormtrooper

The finalizer

- first order officer

- first order ground crew

- kylo ren

- poe

- hux

- that general who talks to kylo ren

- burnt vader helmet

Two weeks from release is a fair amount of time. Not everyone can drop everything and run out to see it. Be courteous, be patient...you will survive.

Well the non spoiler stuff should stay in the 2015 thread, 2016 very well could spoil the movie and the people avoiding spoilers should be the ones staying away until that no longer is the case. So called "spoilers" are relevant to discussing potential future sets.

I love Wes Janson, the greatest prankster of the New Republic, as much as the next guy, but will we finally get a new Wedge?

I think it would make sense for both of them to be available next year, since they were in the same T-47 speeder.

Wedge is easily manufactured from existing parts though he could do with an updated helmet. (Why do the prints get cut off before the brim of the helmet?) The thing with Janson is that he didn't have a helmet print until this set.

So officially this Friday will be two weeks from NA release of the movie. Does that mean no more spoiler tags when that momentous day arrives?

Why are people complaining about having to use spoiler tags, its barely an inconvenience. Its not like their hard to put in. Also going to see a movie a midnight or within the first 2 weeks of release doesn't make you a did hard fan. Many people have other things that take priority, like work commitments, school and Universities, families and also having to organise christmas.

Back to LEGO, I'm looking forward to getting the wookie gunship micro fighter. I might build a small wookie army to rebel against my empire.

Yeah, the price of the Takadona set is ridiculously expensive even for a die-hard fan of the set. The price should $40 like the FO Snowspeeder since both of them has similar parts count. Definetly a sale item for me. :thumbdown:

I'd like a set with:

The Guavian Death Gang minifigs, they look awesome!!

Edited by Zaael

I can see the Finalizer being the flagship set for summer 2016 since 75055 is retired now. Although I hope it has a different interior since previous Star Destroyers have been pretty similar. I would like the front section being a TIE hangar, with 4 micro TIEs and a opening floor for them to fly out of (although it isnt accurate it would be a nice play feature. The back could be the interrogation room with Vader helmet

The Battle On Takodana price is annoying, but the set makes up for it -Finn, Unmasked Kylo(in a cheapish set), Maz, And 2 Stormtroopers( With TR8R :D)

The snowspeeder was cheaper but had less figures.

Don't know if this has been discussed already, but I really hope that price is a typo! :oh3: I mean, the First Order Snowspeeder had nearly 40 pieces more and only cost $40.

*snip*

Maz Kanata's Temple of Bacon by Angus MacLane, on Flickr

yeah this price is way too much for 409 pieces, even 45$ would have been better and more fair price. I mean even Resistance Transport is a bigger set and is better priced one. I fear that all sets based on new SW movies will be overpriced just like Force Friday wave of sets. I mean we all are going to still buy them because we love both SW and Lego, so we will have to accept that new sets will be overpriced, even if we don't like it. At least sets based on previous 6 movies will be priced normally. Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks